Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputable body shops?
Hey guys, I posted awhile back about a truck hitting my bumper in a parking lot which punched a square hole in through it. Basically the size of the hitch. I was wondering if anybody has some recommendations of places they've been?

I know for this type of work you get what you pay for, so I'm not going to cheap out on it.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
my suggestion replace the bumper...it'll probably be cheaper than repairing...sorry to say..
I have always had good luck with 427 Auto Collision.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
(03-20-2011, 09:37 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: I have always had good luck with 427 Auto Collision.

Ditto this ^^ ... also: recently had some insurance work done to my wife's Fusion and it was an immaculate job ... Carstar in Brampton (pretty sure it's a chain or franchise) ... outstanding workmanship and customer service ... I have no idea what the cost is though ... my neighbour's insurance covered the cost.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I don't think you'll find any place that can paint just your bumper for under $1000.
All Canadian paint shops had to switch to water based paint over the past year or so, and the price of water based clear is about $1000 a gallon.

Gone are the days of cheap paint work.Angry
Go with a Body kit?
$1000 for paint? Take a week off work and drive down to Mexico to get the work done.
I was quoted 500 bucks for a new aftermarket bumper, painted with a lifetime warranty on chips and stuff.
These guys: http://www.torontoautobodyshop.com/

That seems really cheap though.

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
Not to me that doesn't...

If you had said 300 I would've agreed.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
500 bucks for a brand new bumper and painted doesn't sound cheap to you?
Sounds cheap to me. Where do you get your work done for those prices buddy Tongue

The bumper alone is 3/4 of that price if I get the OEM.

124whp/129wtq
is your aftermarket bumper not primered?

You can reduce what you're paying by wet sanding it yourself and mounting it yourself as well. Paint materials shouldn't be more than 100$, and I don't know what labour rate you're getting by the painter himself.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver