Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to buy? IPod Charge Converter
Well after reading numerous iPod/iTouch forums it would seem that I need to get an iPod Charge Converter. Apple in their infinite wisdom changed the charge port on all iTouches after the 1st Gen was replaced.

I have been to Best Buy and they don't carry it anymore. If they did at all as the guy I talked to seemed a little confused. I guess I could try Pacific Mall or something like that. But I really hate that place. Anyone have some ideas on where I can get one?
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
I assume that you tried all the usual on line suspects? IE: Amazon, Tiger Direct etc.?

Places like Tiger Direct are especially helpful for slightly older hardware requirements.

NefCanuck
I am not an online shopper. I may try the electronics shops on Kennedy Rd tonight, if I get the time.

Focus man, give wallymart a try: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Griffin-Charge...B/10910361
theres no price listed on their web site, but after looking around online, its about 20 bucks cdn on various web sites, so it should be similarily priced at walmart.

On another note, if walmart is out of stock, why not just change your charger to the usb charger as a last resort? it should also cost about the same for the usb charger, around 20 bucks, it would also be plug and play.
My other ride is your Mom
Wow back from the dead, and Dan's post was spammed. I picked one up from The Source and it never worked like they said it would. Actul
ally never worked at all.

you know there's a tiger direct on woodbine near hwy 7, in markham? no need for pacific mall, or online shopping.
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
This so called charge converter was supposed to allow me to retain the iPod connectivity thru my Pioneer deck. My first touch charged while connected but my 2nd and my iPhone wont. Not sure what Apple changed but my newer units won't charge while connected.

Have you gone to an actual audio store? They might be able to help more than the big box stores, just as long as they are Pioneer dealers or have decks that were/are similar.
Could be the firmware in the deck...too old?
2004 ZX5 Dark shadow grey.
Audio mods: front doors Rockford T1682, rear doors Rockford T1572.Subwoofer: 15" Rockford P3
Deck: JVC Arsenal KD-a805.
Amps: Kenwood XR-1S, XR-4S
Waiting to be installed: custom made fibreglass 15" sub box
Performance mods: hahaha I wish.
This happened for the Alpine head units too. I picked up the converter module from East Hamilton Radio on sunday when I was in getting the rest of the stuff that was needed so that I can install my old Alpine deck in her car.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Apple went and changed the charging from a 12 volt charge to a 5 volt charge on the newer units. So it's basically just a drop down converter from 12v to 5v you need. I know Alpine makes one, or made one. They might be harder to find as most aftermarket company's have changed their decks to usb audio/control/charging in the last few years.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
That's funny because I still use my original 20gb iPod Photo charger as a spare and that still works just fine.