Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCT2 VIN locked?
I have a Xcalibrator 2, it has a tune on it for my turbo set up from the previous owner, everytime i try to install the tune on my pcm it keeps saying wrong vehicle. im guessing its VIN locked, anyone know how to unlock it?? or do i gotta tow it to a shop and get them to retune it??
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
Is your XCAL still locked? Did the previous owner flash back to stock?
If its still vin locked to the previous owner you have get him to flash back to stock or ship it back sct to get unlocked for around 150 I believe.
If he flashed back to stock go the the sct website download live load and install then click unlock.
E.O MASIV
he had to have put it back to stock cuz he took the turbo off his car sold it to me then sold the car. also i have the disc for it, it has live link on it, should i just download the program and unlock it that way?...

(06-14-2011, 08:25 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: he had to have put it back to stock cuz he took the turbo off his car sold it to me then sold the car. also i have the disc for it, it has live link on it, should i just download the program and unlock it that way?...

Did you also get the ECU ... if not, and if your ECU has a different code number than his, you've got a problem.

Edit: obviously you didn't get the ECU, you said he put it back to stock ... but anyway, if the codes are different, you're kind of screwed I think
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
i checked the calibration code on his pcm and mine, they were the same, so i think im safe that way, i just realized tho if i download livelink or whatever i dont have a cable to connect the SCT to my lap top.....Dodgy

the cable to connect it is the same cable most printers use.
E.O MASIV
who tuned it?
Nice i should have that cable, so what do i do just download the live link program and hook up the sct and just press unlock?? hopefully its just that easy, cuz i see the tune file on the sct but when i try to program the car is says wrong vehicle, hopefully that just means its VIN locked...

and as for who tuned it, i bought this kit off of bigman, who used to be a memeber on here, he had a tuner out in chattham do it.....

that is going to wipe the xcal clean if you unlock it. it is vin locked to his car so wipe it then get a new tune i guess unless you can load the tune off the tuner into the computer. E mail him and see if he has the original tune on his computer by chance so u can unlock and re load
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
nooo i cant lose this tune...ill have to put it on my computer, im gonna try tonight to download the programs and connect it, see what happens...i really dont want to have to retune it when i have a good tune already there....Angry

also the disc that comes with the xcal2 is outdated so they will ask you to update its easier to just d/l the newest version here
http://www.sctflash.com/showdeviceupdate...9400&DTYPE=

E.O MASIV
(06-15-2011, 02:59 AM)05blackzx5 Wrote: also the disc that comes with the xcal2 is outdated so they will ask you to update its easier to just d/l the newest version here
http://www.sctflash.com/showdeviceupdate...9400&DTYPE=

i talked to SCT tech support and they say to install that program and unlock it that way.....ill be trying that tonight and see what happens, you think tho if i update it will it delete my saved tune????

I don't think it will cuz when I bought mine used I had to unlock it and delete the files so I could upload new ones. But that was a couple yrs ago so I'm not 100%
Did u ask tech support if it would delete the file
E.O MASIV
(06-15-2011, 06:37 AM)05blackzx5 Wrote: I don't think it will cuz when I bought mine used I had to unlock it and delete the files so I could upload new ones. But that was a couple yrs ago so I'm not 100%
Did u ask tech support if it would delete the file

i forgot to ask, ill try it tonight see what happens, ill just try to back up the file on my computer...

so i installed all the programs on my laptop, live link/ live load/ live update, but before i can use any of the programs i gotta download the drivers for the usb connection....my laptop cant find the right drivers (windows vista).....sooo im pretty pissed at this point, i guess i gotta try it on my work computer which is older...hopefully it can find the right drivers....anyone got any ideas??

They also have the drivers on the same page I posted earlier, I just updated my tunes using windows 7. Scroll down on the page and it has drivers listed
E.O MASIV
(06-15-2011, 11:31 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: so i installed all the programs on my laptop, live link/ live load/ live update, but before i can use any of the programs i gotta download the drivers for the usb connection....my laptop cant find the right drivers (windows vista).....sooo im pretty pissed at this point, i guess i gotta try it on my work computer which is older...hopefully it can find the right drivers....anyone got any ideas??

IIRC SCT devices have always had a problem with VISTA ... but here's what it says on the SCT website about installing drivers manually.

Quote:If a Tuner was plugged in before the software was installed it may be necessary to install the drivers manually. A sign of this is if you see Errors coming up when trying to use the functions of the X3/Livewire Updater. "Device Communication Failed" “Failed to Write Data” "Connect Livewire" or others.

To Check this out, have the tuner plugged in.

First confirm the SCT programmer is securely connected on both the programmer usb port and the computer usb port.

If you are still receiving this error, disconnect the usb from the computer and reconnect to a different usb port. Give time for the drivers to install.

If you are still receiving this error you will need to manually update/install the drivers in the device manager.
To enter the device manger, click on the windows start icon, for XP computers click on run, for windows 7 simply type in the search bar: DEVMGMT.MSC, again that is DEVMGMT.MSC.

Once the device manager is open, look for any icons with a yellow question mark or exclamation mark on them.

Right click on the item listed next to the yellow mark, and select Update Driver.

At the question: Can Windows connect to Windows Update to Search for Software, select No, Not this time, click next.

At the question: What do you want the wizard to do, select Install the software automatically. Wait for the driver install to complete, accepting any pop ups that appear.

Drivers should now be installed and the software should work properly.

NOTE: This will only work if the software has been installed.
[/quote]
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

so ive tryed it on my work computer....the drivers installed, but now the software isnt working....god this is getting rediclous.....im one step away from asking one of u guys just to come to my house and help me out......ill pay top dollar...lol

(06-16-2011, 02:37 AM)buzz2.0 Wrote: so ive tryed it on my work computer....the drivers installed, but now the software isnt working....god this is getting rediclous.....im one step away from asking one of u guys just to come to my house and help me out......ill pay top dollar...lol

Perhaps contact the guy who wrote the tune ??? He's obviously an SCT dealer and might help out thinking of possible future business