Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who should I be talking to next? (re. my convertible top)
I was going to say Jim Kenzie...
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-14-2011, 03:54 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: I was going to say Jim Kenzie...

If you're writing to Kenzie make sure your opening line is: "Dear Jim, my car has too many cupholders."
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Actually it should be, "Dear Jim, the service manager at the Ford dealership is being a d***. Oh BTW he drives in the left lane all the time."

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-14-2011, 04:47 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Actually it should be, "Dear Jim, the service manager at the Ford dealership is being a d***. Oh BTW he drives in the left lane all the time."

LOL ... yeah, I think you figured this out, but I was referring to Jim Kenzie's mad campaign in the late 90's to force auto makers to do away with cup holders in cars ... he believed that no one should be drinking anything while driving ... he would make a point when reviewing new vehicles to state ... "while nice to drive, the new [insert name here] has too many cupholders."

I know for a fact it drove the folks at Ford Canada absolutely nuts.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Bad press worked for me with my Canada Goose Jacket.

I raised a stink on their Facebook fan page and was contacted within minutes of my posts by the VP of the company.
I had a new jacket in my hands 2 weeks later.

(This was after MULTIPLE attempts to reach these people.)
(07-13-2011, 06:49 AM)torradan Wrote: Shanahan isn't around anymore. It moved (or merged?) with Freeway out on Morningside. I always get good service with those guys when I have a stupid question or need a part, even though its about 20 minutes further from me than Donway.

IDK what shanahan you thought I was talking about but,

http://shanahan.dealerconnection.com/?lang=en
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Steve,

I think you'll have to start seriously preparing to go the small claims court route at this point. Even if your ins. co. tries ducking behind the fact that you insisted on the place for the repairs, the problem still isn't fixed *right*

Because if you do hand the car back at the end of the lease, guess who they'll try nailing for the screwed up top? Dodgy

As to another dealer, I know some people will laugh at me, but for as long as Dixie Ford has serviced my car, there hasn't been any sort of screw up that wasn't fixed up right when brought to their attention.

They may not be the cheapest, but IMO you get what you pay for.

NefCanuck
I'll be bringing the car back for it's 7th visit tomorrow morning.

My Girlfriend actually wrote ford canada yesterday and they say they're going to be in contact with me soon. Maybe the pain of losing 2 future customers will help.

Will keep you guys posted.

If only I didn't like the cars so much... maybe I should get a Camaro....
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

(07-20-2011, 04:54 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: maybe I should get a Camaro....

For the love of God NO!!!!

I'd highly recommend a new camaro ss (manual of course, way too many autos out there)... We've had 5 come thru MBRP in the last month... A few were over 500 whp after a quick tune... Def nice cars!
Tell them we're dedicating the next Ford Focus club meeting to the issue and the press is invited.
haha.. nice suggestions guys...

So it's back in today.

.... and the trim shop can't work on it now because their guy is on vacation (nice to know after driving all that distance).

So I get to make trip number 9 in a week or so... The trim shop is going to try resolving the windows not working and the ripple... and then the dealership says I have to talk to the insurance company to resolve the top not covering the frame rails properly.

time to get more people involved...

Pull your business from your insurance company.
You should get 6 big friends go with you to the dealership next time. Sometimes all you need is a posse. Cool

(07-21-2011, 05:19 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: You should get 6 big friends go with you to the dealership next time. Sometimes all you need is a posse. Cool

Do a video walk around of your car, telling the horrid story ... record it in front of the dealership sign ... post it up on youtube.

^-- there's a good idea.

Holy cow... took enough phone calls, but I have a meeting with the General Service Manager tomorrow morning, and the insurance company has contacted the adjuster, and I'll be contacted shortly by them.

should I get my hopes up by classifying this as 'progress'?

(07-21-2011, 06:41 AM)darkpuppet Wrote: Holy cow... took enough phone calls, but I have a meeting with the General Service Manager tomorrow morning, and the insurance company has contacted the adjuster, and I'll be contacted shortly by them.

should I get my hopes up by classifying this as 'progress'?

Progress maybe ... but don't get your hopes up.

Should still bring in 6 big guys, or six sexy big breasted hot women. Either way, you'll probably get what you want.

Oscar, they'd deserve big breasted women if they were gay...

Taking trip #8 this morning... yay.

the mileage I've put on the car going to and from the dealership now outnumbers my mileage anywhere else this summer.