Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAI or short ram?
Im having trouble deciding on a intake i would like to go with a cai but i am scared of hydroloc , but also will buying a short ram decrease my hp?
Cold air intake. Long as you have a lower shroud on your bumper, you'll be fine. Don't go into any deep puddles or go through puddles at high speed.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
(07-17-2011, 12:26 PM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: Cold air intake. Long as you have a lower shroud on your bumper, you'll be fine. Don't go into any deep puddles or go through puddles at high speed.

whats the best brand AEM , k&n , or steeda?
AEM and KN are the same now. I prefer AEM. However FSW makes a good one too.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I have a K&N on my 06 ST and i couldnt be happier. I put it on about 2 years ago and ive never had a problem with hydrolocking or any issues with water for the matter. My stock splash shield is holding up just fine but I also have the water repelant "sleeve" on it. My vote is with the K&N for sure. Sounds great too!
Current: 2006 Focus ZX4 ST. Tuxedo Black and Sterling Grey
Mods: 7" double din Alpine touch screen audio unit, K&N typhoon CAI, Steeda short shifter, custom two tone paint, rear wing delete, Angel eye headlight kit with 6000K HID upgrade, tinted windows, tail lights, and marker lights, Eibach Sportline springs on Tokico shocks and struts, Eibach front and rear sway bar kit. 17x7 Ikon Black Zen Wheels. Massive front and rear upper strut bar.
remember that KnN is an oiled filter and with it being so close to the ground and exposed to water more often, you would need to check it frequently to ensure it has adequate oil. That being said, i have the dry flow AEM CAI on my SVT and its wicked (upgrading the TB also helped a bit Tongue)