Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What battery?
I was looking at getting a yellowtop , but does the performance justify the price? What is everbody else use?
I think stock is best...no fitment issues.
i use yellowtop, main reason is i have battery in trunk, no need to worry about having sealed box with vent hose routed to outside.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
optima's still exhaust the same gasses as regular batteries. The only thing is they are GEL and not liquid... so they can be mounted sideways if required.

The reason I got a sealed box is because I had an optima that shorted out and was dumping so much gas it was crazy.
nope, it doesnt exhaust gasses much as regular batteries. if it did, something is wrong with battery.
there was quality issue with optima yellow top but if you get lucky and got good one first time, you wont have any problem.
i had optima yellow for last 8 years and it stopped holding voltage, so i got another one and did same thing on white focus.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Right from optima's site! Ignore it if you want...its your coffin.

Trunk/Interior Mounting – If your battery is mounted inside the passenger compartment or trunk (common in many European makes), the battery must be vented to the outside of the vehicle. OPTIMA group 27, 51, 78, 34C, and 31 batteries all have ports for connecting a vent hose.
Im trying to make my car a bullet proof dd and it will be tracked. So quality is what concerns me.
where is port?i see nothing, if you are talking about black foamy thing, that is vent but it is not meant to plug anything to it.
battery is battery, if you misuse it, of course it will exhaust gasses.
like i said, use it properly, optima is not going to exhaust gasses as much as regular water acid based battery.
it is proven, not newbie company comes up with new technology and saying there is 0 gasses coming out.

OP, it is up to you get which battery suits you.
If you want something bullet proof, I would go with a Taylor Aluminium box and a yellow top.

[Image: 48200-Battery-Box-300x259.jpg]
[Image: Plus_sign.jpg]
[Image: optima-yellow-top-yt-s4.2-8012-254-d34--600-p.jpg]

And Do not forget a circuit breaker as close to the battery as possible...
A lot of the Ottawa Subaru guys recommend the Kirkland (I think ??) Costco batteries.

I sold my focus with the stock battery, still running the stock one in all my other vehicles also.

I find these optima batteries a complete waste of money.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
My stock battery died on me at the end of the winter....so I bought Energizer.....you know the one with the Buddy inside Smile
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
(09-09-2011, 04:24 AM)Flofocus Wrote: A lot of the Ottawa Subaru guys recommend the Kirkland (I think ??) Costco batteries.

I sold my focus with the stock battery, still running the stock one in all my other vehicles also.

I find these optima batteries a complete waste of money.

Thats what i have. It just dosnt sit well getting a battery for m car where i can buy food from.
I've got the more expensive one that the local ford was selling. They justified my car needing it because of my stereo so I went with it, figured a bigger battery wouldn't hurt. It's done well so far... only have had it for a year lol
2003 Focus ZX5 Racecar/Perma broke/Storage
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Daily Driver
Aside from Optima, most car batteries are manufactured by three companies: Delphi, Exide, and Johnson Controls Industries. Each makes batteries sold under several different brand names. This is by no means a comprehensive list but Delphi makes AC Delco and some Everstart (Wal-Mart) models. Exide makes Champion, Exide, Napa, all Canadian Tire batteries and some Everstart batteries. Johnson Controls makes Diehard (Sears), Duralast (AutoZone), Interstate, Kirkland (Costco) and Ford (Motorcraft).
Some of this info was cribbed from the net but I have seen firsthand how Exide receives black batteries from the US and "plaques" them with everything from CT to BMW to Kenworth labels.
http://www.odysseyfactory.com/extremespecs.html

bunch of my 240 buddies use these