Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SVT motor trans what is it worth?
Shocked 
What would a super low k SVTF motor and trans be worth? Its complete and has under 20K on it?
Well a short block from Ford in the US is basically 3,000 before shipping and you would still have the head to deal with (another $1,200 for new) ... and then there's the $1100 in core charges if you have nothing to send back - assuming a straight purchase you're looking at $5300 for a new engine.

And the tranny new is another thing - I couldn't even find a current listing for it. An MTX new is 1900 + 1,000 core charge so the Getrag has to be at least that.

So at a minimum, not even allowing for shipping, the equivalent new is $7100 for a straight purchase - $5000 if you have cores to ship back.

I'm not sure where this gets you, other than to say depending on how many are out there, especially super low mileage, I would imagine the owner is asking upwards of $4500 to $5000.

(05-15-2012, 03:29 AM)QWKRN-U Wrote: What would a super low k SVTF motor and trans be worth? Its complete and has under 20K on it?

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
(05-15-2012, 04:06 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: Well a short block from Ford in the US is basically 3,000 before shipping and you would still have the head to deal with (another $1,200 for new) ... and then there's the $1100 in core charges if you have nothing to send back - assuming a straight purchase you're looking at $5300 for a new engine.

And the tranny new is another thing - I couldn't even find a current listing for it. An MTX new is 1900 + 1,000 core charge so the Getrag has to be at least that.

So at a minimum, not even allowing for shipping, the equivalent new is $7100 for a straight purchase - $5000 if you have cores to ship back.

I'm not sure where this gets you, other than to say depending on how many are out there, especially super low mileage, I would imagine the owner is asking upwards of $4500 to $5000.

(05-15-2012, 03:29 AM)QWKRN-U Wrote: What would a super low k SVTF motor and trans be worth? Its complete and has under 20K on it?

edit: a quick google search and I found an apparently brand new SVT motor for 3300 USD including shipping, and a new reman with 3 yr warranty for under 2k ... so I guess more options out there than I imagined.

2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

Thanks ZTW... It has just under 20 000k on it, I should have been more clear in my first post. Thanks for the taking the time to look around for me. I am just wondering what a fair price would be to help me make a decision.

Thanks again
(05-15-2012, 08:58 AM)QWKRN-U Wrote: Thanks ZTW... It has just under 20 000k on it, I should have been more clear in my first post. Thanks for the taking the time to look around for me. I am just wondering what a fair price would be to help me make a decision.

Thanks again

Np - LOL and I guess I was rambling a bit - your post was clear enough, I was just curious myself what new might cost, as a beginning point to making a value determination on the set you described - if you don't mind me asking, what's the deal you're looking at?

BTW - the new SVT engines for sale are at One Stop Auto Parts in Lansing Michigan.

I have the whole car I bought damaged 4 years or so ago and I am trying to decide if I want to part it or not. If the parts are still worth ok money I may part it. If I haven't fixed the car by now its not looking like I ever going to lol. I would like to re coup some of the money I have in it though.
(05-15-2012, 11:40 AM)QWKRN-U Wrote: I have the whole car I bought damaged 4 years or so ago and I am trying to decide if I want to part it or not. If the parts are still worth ok money I may part it. If I haven't fixed the car by now its not looking like I ever going to lol. I would like to re coup some of the money I have in it though.

Well, FWIW - except for a couple of high-mileage engines out in BC there doesn't appear to be any used SVT engines in Canada.

What kind of damage - the car might still be worth what you paid or more if it's fixable.

The car is repairable, but it is hit pretty hard and is branded salvage. I think parting it would most likely be the best bet. I tried to sell it whole about 3 years ago without much luck. Like I said I just want to get some of my $$ back, so Im pretty open at this point LOL.
The car is hit on the left front with some damage to the front suspension and 3 of the wheels, the air bags are deployed along with the right seat air bag. Aside from the damage the car is very nice and still almost smells new inside. Like I said it has been sitting for almost 5 years, I was starting it and letting it run for a bit up until last year but now the gas is so stale it wont start.
Care to hazard a guess on what it would be worth the way it is? I know its hard without seeing it but Im not even sure were to strart. I paid around 4k for it when I bought it but I know Im not going to get anywere near that for it.

Thanks again for your time and input
Well for what it is worth if you decide to part i will buy some parts like the whole cat section.
02' SONIC BLUE, SVTF #2686 OF 4788
K&N FIPK
SCT XCAL-2 POWERED BY STEEDA
SCREAMIN' DEMON COIL PACK & LIVEWIRES
STEEDA STRUT TOWER BRACE (SONIC BLUE)
STEEDA STS
STEEDA REAR POLY MOTOR MOUNT
DEI HEADER WRAP
MBRP 2.5" EXHAUST
EBC GREENSTUFF PADS
EBC SLOTTED AND DIMPLED ROTORS
RUSSELL STEEL BRAIDED LINES