Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What detailers/cleaners do you guys use
just seeing what everyone uses to clean there cars with
im kind of all over the map when it comes to using certian products.

Thinking of switching right over to autoglym

What do you guys use from all your needs?
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
When I use such products - not often, mind you - I use Shining Monkey - no lie.

http://ca.shiningmonkeycorp.com/default.aspx

(06-05-2013, 10:22 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: just seeing what everyone uses to clean there cars with
im kind of all over the map when it comes to using certian products.

Thinking of switching right over to autoglym

What do you guys use from all your needs?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
iv actually heard really good things about their products
they work decent?

(06-05-2013, 10:45 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: When I use such products - not often, mind you - I use Shining Monkey - no lie.
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Well I'm certainly no expert - but I did attend a couple of their demonstrations the SVT Ontario Club had a few years ago - and all the experts in the crowd were really impressed, so I bought a whole kit and have used it since - I get really good results without trying hard - I would think someone who really knew what they were doing could get excellent results.

(06-05-2013, 10:47 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: iv actually heard really good things about their products
they work decent?

(06-05-2013, 10:45 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: When I use such products - not often, mind you - I use Shining Monkey - no lie.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I called around all day yesterday, I was using Mother's Cleaners but found out it had silicone in it -_- but called Meguiars and they have me a bunch of Products they have that are Silicone Free, and Wax Free .
ya iv been in emails back and forth with autoglym and they are telling me there car shampoo is silicone free but all there polishes contain silicone. i think im gonna make the switch to autoglym. very infomative about all their products
Instagram @o_so_slo
I buy all mine from costco. Armorall wipes, micro cloths, Ice carwash and Shine wheel cleaner and tire shine. All fantastic stuff.
2003 ZX5
"I feel like a silver bullet"
SVT wheels
SVT suspension
AEM intake
With a hint of dip

[Image: 158491.png]
http://www.kleers.com/product.php?xProd=2&xSec=1 I use their stuff. And I also use the Lucas quick wax stuff. I use autoglym odor eliminator on the inside along with the meguiers detailing wipes.
how does the odor eliminator work? decent? is it just a can of smelly stuff lol
Instagram @o_so_slo
I'm all over too, I use autoglym SRP after a mothers clay bar and follow them with a mothers carnuba wax

For interior I use mothers protectant or meguiars wipes. Used meguiars leather conditioner on seat and stoners glass cleaner for windows or alternatively I have been using the rainx window cleaner lately.

Meguiars has an awesome ultimate compound for swirls and scratches and works well to shine up the clear coat. For wheels I use turtle wax wheel cleaner and mothers bakc to black tire shine - works really good
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
(06-06-2013, 04:37 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: I'm all over too, I use autoglym SRP after a mothers clay bar and follow them with a mothers carnuba wax

For interior I use mothers protectant or meguiars wipes. Used meguiars leather conditioner on seat and stoners glass cleaner for windows or alternatively I have been using the rainx window cleaner lately.

Meguiars has an awesome ultimate compound for swirls and scratches and works well to shine up the clear coat. For wheels I use turtle wax wheel cleaner and mothers bakc to black tire shine - works really good

I second the swirl remover. I think its called swirl x. Makes it look like new. Yea the Oder eliminator works it doesn't just cover up the smell , it smells fresh every time I open the door. I spray it under the floor mats.
I use Lucas products as much as possible... And meguires where Lucas doesn't have a product.
i work at a dealer ship in that detail bay as a detailer and us motocraft cleaners and mother protections and other bulk stuff we get
"CANT FORD IT DONT BUY IT"
"I BLEED FORD BLUE"
just went a got myself a bunch of autoglym products. already tried the interior shampoo on my beater car..works pretty well so far
Instagram @o_so_slo
My process....

Start with a good wash, use the 2 bucket method. 1 with clean water, the other with soap water. Rinse the sponge/mit/cloth in the water only bucket before putting in back int he soap bucket. This will minimize swirls. I use optimum soap.

I use a home depot grout sponge when cleaning the vehicles. holds in the dirt well, keeps it away form the paint and rinses out very easily.

I start by rinsing off the entire car with just water, then I use my foam canon to apply soap

http://www.eshine.ca/riccardo_foam_cannon-4005.php

Once that is done, I use the 2 bucket method and go over the enitre car.

Rinse the car off.

Next I spray on Ironx and Turtle wax bug & tar remover (Ironx now sells a 2in1 product which I will be trying shortly).

The Ironx will get rid of any rust particles that formed on the paint. Anyone with a white car will know what I am talking about. All those yellow dots all over your trunk. yeah, those.

Again, before the iron x and bug & tar remover dries, I do the 2 bucket method all over again.

Rinse again.

Now your paint is ready for compounding/polish/waxing.

For black trim, I use Black on black. Love this stuff. Spray on, wait, and buff off.

http://www.eshine.ca/chemical_guys_black...ff-847.php

For tires, I use Sonax wheel cleaner, the yellow stuff, breaks everything down nice and makes it easy to come off.

http://www.eshine.ca/sonax_wheel_cleaner...oz-559.php

And get a good brush for the inside of the rims. One of the comments I get from my customers is how do i get their wheels so clean. Easy, use a brush! Get in the wheel barrels very easy with this:

http://www.eshine.ca/ez_detail_auto_whee...h-3050.php

for tires, I use Chemical guys Gel. Lasts longer than most spray's and gives a deeper shine. I'll use a cheap spray like simoniz to clean the tire, rinse that stuff off and put on the gel

http://www.eshine.ca/chemical_guys_gel_n...oz-811.php

For the interior, honestly, you want to save time....this tool does it all:

http://www.eshine.ca/tornador_classic_z_...n-1352.php

Just recently added this tool to my arsenal and I use it for everything. Cleaning interior carpet, door jambs, seats, dash, engine bays...love it. Uses compressed air and whatever cleaning agent you want. Saves you so much time. It used to take me a few hours to do a shampoo job, now I do it in less than an hour. Engine bays take 20 minutes to clean with this thing.

whatever you do, do not use steel wool or sos pads to clean your paint. mmmmmmmkay?

[Image: IMG_2589_zps54efdcf9.jpg]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]