Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Cheap To Be Good?
they look nice... do they come in a black housing instead of the silver?
The twin halos with "black" housing are SWEET!!!
"Focus On The Road!"
I Love My Liquid Grey 2007 Focus ZX3 SE

Next: tint, front & rear bumpers...
dabigmandan,Mar 23 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:they look nice... do they come in a black housing instead of the silver?
[right][snapback]96085[/snapback][/right]

yeah they have a few sets on ebay that are black instead of chrome. I just got the chrome cuz well...I thought it would look sweet. I am tempted to pull the covers off of them and paint them green like my car to have them match.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
i think that would look pretty sweet
I'm looking at getting a set of those in chrome for my ZX5. I like them better than the ST170s from a visual standpoint, and I don't do any night driving outside the city so the actual performance doesn't affect me too much either.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
Like I said..I like mine. Only complaint and I should have put this in my first post was that they shipped them with real crappy bulbs. I replaced them with the silvana silverstar 85watt H1 and H3. To replace the bulbs I had to pull the fixtures right out because I coudln't get my hand back there to remove the bulb. So I had to pull the grille, pull the fixtures, replace each bulb, replace the fixture, replace the grille...I am asuming that with the stock headlight setup that this is not required.

Also aiming these can be a real pain as you can't use the directions in the Ford manual...you just have to aim them to whatever you feel is comfortable.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
ThraxXx,Mar 26 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:.........I coudln't get my hand back there to remove the bulb.  So I had to pull the grille, pull the fixtures, replace each bulb, replace the fixture, replace the grille...I am asuming that with the stock headlight setup that this is not required. 

[right][snapback]96689[/snapback][/right]

That appears normal, especially on the left side. May or may not be the case with the stock headlights, I don't remember, but by trial and error that is how I deal with MACH HID problems and I am quick at it now.

BTW the problems I was looking for were always my own wiring. the core product is "brilliant".
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Those things never fit perfectly