Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Svt Dean In Focus Fanatic
Topic title says it all...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Congrats Dean.

Anybody wanna scan it for us?
Yeah I've never seen the mag yet, someone please scan it so we can all see.....
You asked for it.

[Image: Photo0001.jpg]
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
SVTZX503,Mar 29 2005, 02:25 PM Wrote:You asked for it.

[Image: Save0001.png]
[right][snapback]97289[/snapback][/right]

We spoke of this earlier....

Congrats Dean-O
So cosworth makes an svt head?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
200WHP with bolt-ons? I'm impressed if that number is true.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Dean sent me pics of his current turbo install. Not sure if he is posting them yet.
Congrats to him for sure.

Maybe one day my car will make it in.
Umm Dean lives in Clarkson, Ontario! Not Toronto! Secondly, he's MIA as usual lol. I know b/c he lives 2 streets away from me and haven't seen him pimping his ride.
From the T.O. to the B-Lo. (D'Youville)
"Can I be da Joke Pimp?"
wow I didnt know the cosworth head did that much, beats getting a supercharger put in............. :huh:
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I still don't like that car.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Mar 29 2005, 06:51 PM Wrote:I still don't like that car.
[right][snapback]97362[/snapback][/right]

I'm with you on that one. The only thing I'd take from that car is the seats!
Again there is the kit haha what kit is that! :)
Cosworth doesn't make a head for the SVT. Once again Dean is full of it...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
why there so much hate towards deans car? I think it looks good.
I like Deans car :) Looks nice and its got a good amount of hp. I'd take it anyday :)
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]
I think the bottom line what everyone is trying to say here is: "I think SVT Dean's car is Unique/Different", Am I Correct?
My other ride is your Mom
Actually I wasn't flaming, and 200WHP in a SVT is far from unobtainable... but more than one person I've talked to today has told me that there's no such thing as a Cosworth SVT intake. I tend to trust the opinions of the people who have told me as they're more knowledgeable than I am on the topic of engine building.

I have no hate against "Dean" as I've never met him. However, when we as a community have members that make possibly suspect claims that end up being published in a "tuner's mag" or fan magazine supporting the Focus... both we and the guys who printed the "info" look silly. I mean, you would think the guys that edit a magazine called "Focus Fanatic" would take the time to see if there really is such a thing as a Cosworth intake for the SVT. If there is, fine. If not, well, that speaks for itself.

I think that's what's being stressed here. The car looks fine, it's the bench-racing claims being treated as gospel in a publicly-distributed medium that are catching flak. Anyone can email Focus Fanatic and say they've got all kinds of crap done to their engine, and that they dyno with 180WHP, 220WHP, or more. I'm also not saying everyone needs to submit dyno sheets notarized by a lawyer or notary public. It's just quite sketchy-looking to the dedicated "fanatic" that looks at the car, looks at the mod list, and wonders how a factory stocker with 130-140WHP and a few "bolt-ons" hits 200WHP clean. Simple as that.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Cosworth has only been making part for the duretec engines.

as for Dean's car, I really don't like it at all. its the big 15" screen in the middle of the dash that makes me wanna puke.
'03 Focus SVT
^^^ haha, funny you say that cause i was thinking that at first too, but besides that i think this car looks good from the outside, i've met the guy once at a meet, but personally, i wouldn't like to see him again. =T