Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp Questions
alright guys, looks like i have a lil bit of cash, and am looking into an MBRP cat back, i just need to know, does this work on sedans with the zetec engine? :huh: and how is this? i want something with some sound when i want it, but also to be silent when i don't, and is there anything else i'm going to have to buy when i put it on?
yes it sound awsome, its probably the best quality cat back over all on the market, even the welds use SS, it can be loud when you stomp on it too, look on their site, they have sound clip of their exhaust.

I dont think you need anything when getting it installed.

-Marc
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
ok, so if i want the one from the zetec, which to i order, cuase it shows only a 2.0 for a sedan, then the svt one it shows 2.0 zetec, i'm confused :blink:
Unless you have an SPI the standard engine in the sedan was the 2.0L . As for the exhaust itself, the MBRP is prolly the most popular choice on this board. I've had mine on since early october and i love it. It adds a nice deep sound to the exhaust when you really get on the gas but if your gentle you'd be hard pressed to tell its there. Fit and finish on the whole system is great, the only think you may need are a few washer to centre up the exhaust tip in the cutout in the bumper. Just a heads up if you plan on doing the install yourself, you won't be able to get the bolts off the stock exhaust where it meets the flex pipe without cutting them off.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

at IDLE, mbrp is not bad, its a little louder than stock, but when your WOT throttle, its nice n loud but not too loud
My other ride is your Mom
:) its the one exaust in the FJ shootout I have at home that sound the most like a real race car and not a rice car...
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
All I can say is SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!!!!

Oscar and I got em done today... ED and the boys are PIMPS. We took Oscar's car for a cruise while they did mine first, and then we got to sample the craziness in mine while they did Oscar's.

Even at 120 on the highway, doing a fly-by... not ricey or overly loud. My intake is actually just as loud as the exhaust above 3500 or so for a bit, due to the sound shaping and noise characteristics of both the exhaust and engine.

Around town it's a nice burble, and it has some authori-TAH when you give it some pedal. Perfect combination in my book *thumbsup*

I think I'm most in love with a roll-on in 2nd gear, around 2500 RPM or so... just a nice, deep rising tone as you pull.

On that note, it feels a tiny bit quicker, but nothing as dramatic as the change in driveability when I went to the homemade short-ram from the factory intake. Even with the SPI and auto, a pull from 100-140 doesn't take nearly as long as it used to when dead stock. Sounds damn good doing it too :D

Ed at MBRP came in at a VERY decent price for each of us, and while they can't guarantee that price for everyone... it was well under 300, taxes in AND installed.

Money well spent, and I'll recommend MBRP as a company AND product (for the Focus) to anyone, anytime.

Almost forgot - it's completely NOT tinny-sounding, or ricey, or "Crappy Tire Folgers Coffee Can Muffler Special" sounding... nothing like that.

I'll do up some sound clips with the digicam's movie mode tomorrow perhaps...
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Never hurt anyone to pick up a phone and talk to MBRP or any other company instead of getting 2nd hand info on the net, you know get a rapourt going.

Another good one that has a nice/quiet sound and equal power gain give or take is the Focusport with the stealth option but it would be about twice as much to your door.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I liked yours, andrew, when we went for a zip at Dan's. Like you say though, it's about twice the price.
My one concern is the fiancee possibly getting pulled over for a "loud" exhaust. I don't think she needs that kind of stress.
I had both a Brullen and a MBRP, for both i'd say the quality was top notch, and the sounds while quite different were very good and not ricey.

I think that the MBRP is as good of an exhaust as you can get, for the price and quality its very good.