Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome Mustang Rims
So there I was at my grandparent's place on the weekend, celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary (Happy anniversary Gramma and Grampa!) with all my relatives and along comes my cousin Alec and he notices my new car. So I show him it, took it for a spin, and he starts talkin about rims. He says he has some 4 bolt, 15" chrome rims back at home. I say "That's cool how much you want for em?" He says $200.00 for the set of 4. They were used on his brother's mustang beforehand for only seven months.

So we talked and I came by his house today after work to take a look.

He had them in the original boxes, sitting in his garage for a year or so.

BTW here's pics of 2 of the rims.

[Image: Jam003.jpg]

[Image: Jam004.jpg]

They are American Racing rims, I think they are chrome painted steel, either that or bitch heavy aluminum.

Anywho, I still have to check to see if they would fit, but what do you guys think? I know they aren't the latest style but for 200.00 bucks, they look better than stock steelies with hubcaps.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
You can use this page for referencing the bolt patterns:
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Fo...n_Reference.cfm

It looks like the 79-93 Mustang 4 bolt wheels are the right pattern (4x108), but the offset may be way off since they're designed for rear wheel drive.

H = High Positive Offset - FWD ( Front Wheel Drive ) Typically +45, 40, 35 offset
M = Medium Offset - RWD ( Rear Wheel Drive) Typically +20 offset

Focus is "H", I think they're around +40-45.. the Mustang is listed as "M". I cant remember which way is which, either they will stick out way past the edge of the car, or not fit far enough inside the wheelwell.
Those on a focus would look like crap...... they look like rims that are on the big F450 diesel trucks.....
Oh well, looks like these are going right back to Alec. Hmmm $200.00 bucks better spent on speakers. :D

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oh yeah, definitely man, well worth it to put the cash into something else. For something like rims, make sure it's EXACTLY what you want...... everyone sees them also....
Those wheels are definitely more of a "muscle car" kind of look, would look a little out of place on a compact car. Not that they'd fit anyway..
ugly 1980's style rim. Even if they fit I wouldn't want them on my car.
Run your car, not your mouth
where's the pic?
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]
Jaspher,Apr 13 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:where's the pic?
[right][snapback]101375[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, deleted it from my website. trust me, it wasn't worth it.

Oscar The Grouch,Apr 13 2005, 09:39 PM Wrote:
Jaspher,Apr 13 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:where's the pic?
[right][snapback]101375[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, deleted it from my website. trust me, it wasn't worth it.
[right][snapback]101427[/snapback][/right]

I like chrome.
2006 Corolla - 1.8 DOHC 16V VVTi
2000 Focus SE Sport - 2.0 DOHC 16V Zetec - SOLD
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jaspher
http://ca.geocities.com/tdsports@rogers.com/home.htm
[Image: sig.jpg]