Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Finally On! But One Problem. (pictures)
So the start went a tad off.

First the bad.

First thing I was being careless and hit the wrong bolt letting all my R134 for my a/c out. I noticed it rigth away but there is so much pressure on that thing the bolt came rigth out. What a mess. Either way I dont use my a/c and its going to cost me $50 to get it refilled.

2nd they sent us the wrong size belt. There was no way this belt was going on. Even after having 5 different ppl looking at it (2 of them being mechanics) there was no way that belt is going to fit. So thats an extra $$ for me to buy a slighty bigger belt witch did fit on perfect and its on there nice and tight.

3rd they missed to send me a the second 2 & 1/2inch, 45degree angle bent pipe. Not a big deal since I found a exact pipe to replace it. The thought thow.

4th we had to modify some of the rubber peices to, so we could make room and fit some of the plubing in behind my euro front bumper. Not very much room at all when comparing it to a us spec bumper.

5th im not impressed with the piping that goes into the throttle body. Looks very home made and un professional. Not a big deal but when paying good $$$$ you would expect something a bit better.

6th I will post this below :(

Now the good. We got everything bolted up. and it does look good. With the car lowered the piping doesnt sit as low as I thought.

This is "We"

Me (Jason)

[Image: Picture397_17Apr05.jpg]

and my buddy Noah

[Image: 040105084.jpg]

[Image: 040105072.jpg]

[Image: 040105068.jpg]

[Image: 040105071.jpg]

[Image: 040105077.jpg]

[Image: 040105078.jpg]

[Image: 040105079.jpg]

[Image: Picture414_17Apr05.jpg]

[Image: Picture408_17Apr05.jpg]

Making the pipe they forgot to include

[Image: Picture404_17Apr05.jpg]

[Image: 040105080.jpg]

[Image: 040105083.jpg]

[Image: 040105075.jpg]

[Image: Picture413_17Apr05.jpg]

[Image: Picture410_17Apr05.jpg]

[Image: Picture409_17Apr05.jpg]

Motor mount we put in to

[Image: Picture412_17Apr05.jpg]

So everything is on and good. How ever the bad :( We lowered the car back down and turned the key and nothing. Car was DEAD!! HMMM so we checked everything over and it all looks good. Tried again and nothing. So we pulled the chip out and tried starting the car with no tune. BAM!!! It started no problem. Ran like s**t and super rich. The blower sounded super loud. Didnt let it run very long.

So... we pulled the computer and double check the connectors. Yup they looked clean. So we put back in and again nothing. AHHH pulled it out again and looked again. Took some rubbing alcholol and took the knife and clean them a tad more then (couldnt get them much cleaner).. Plugged back in and still nothing. GOD DAM!!! Pulled the chip out and again. The car started without the chip. So its got to be the chip that is wrong. Not sure why but I gotta call ProCharger tommorow and see what they can do for me. After having again 4 other ppl look at this still nothing.

So thats where I am sitting for now. Evetything on except a tune. Hopefully ProCharger helps me and I can get this resolved. I will post any updates..
Wow, that blows. For a big $$$ kit you'd think all the kinks would be worked out. Keep us posted....can't wait to see what your car will run like after you've sorted the cpu issue.
Me and Noah were both not very impressed with the kit. Im hoping there customer service is much better then there kit. Also the manual was very UMMM. ya???? Pictures were wrong and a 2003 focus is a tad different in some areas then the 2000 focus they used in the photo's. This has been a huge learning process for me. Frustrating at some times but I can prolly put on and take off UDPS + water faster then anyone LOL. After bolting and unbolting the blower off and on more then 5 times. LOL I can almost do this kit in my sleep for next time.

Oh well what can ya do. I was willing to try something different since not many ppl have done it. I talked to a few guys on other sites but they had ProCharger install there kit. I seriosly think im the only person who installed this kit them seleves and on the euro front LOL.... Not very user or bolt on freindy like they claim. Im sorta thinking I should of stuck with power works idea but whatever. Im not giving up on this and will see that I get this thing running perfect. I plan on taking a year off the car then next year start working on my new engine and turbo. LOL This car is no where near done.

I will for sure post a video and pictures once shes running. Like I said. Even when I had the car started with no tune that blower was loud. Im excited to get it running unless I blow up my engine LOL
I know when things start to go wrong in huge runs like that for me I usually take it a sign that it was not meant to be. BEE CAREFULL JAY!!! We don't want to see pics nect week of Ztec grenade!

It looks great incidentally.
Congrats on the instal, its lookin good. Theres not much room under there for piping and s**t.... its pretty difficult to run all the piping up to the intake nice and cleanly.

The most impressive kit for clean piping I have seen is the FocusSport supercharger. Any kits that run the piping up the stock location really do look like its been forced in there..

as for you chip, does your odometer show ---- when its in and doesn't start? (or doesn't do anything at all) .. might just be a chip without anything on it. Try the chip but dont push it in the j3 port hard.. just slide it on and leave it, dont push it thoroughly and then try it..

if not most likely your chip doesn't have a program burned or its just defective..
ZX3T gone..
Good Luck Jay
Jay, shitty news man. You need some J&T Performance thier to help you out. ;) :D

I installed the same chip as you. When your sanding down the contacts on the Motherbroard of the cars ECU, make sure you sand it down GOOD! I sat their for 15 minutes sanding it ....lol....And when I showed Jays200ZX3, he asked me to sand some more.....I did, and my car started no problems...

EDIT: Just to add, when I bought my chip from Tom, thats one of the things he said to me about mail order tuning and such. He hates mail order tuning cuz of stuff like this. Even when i bought my chip he said my car may not start. :huh: :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Going to try cleaning again tonight.

when I try and start the engine with the chip in the red blinking light in the consolde starts flashin super fast and all the lights show up on the odometer even a Overdrive light LOL
Damn, you got a chip for an auto! :lol:

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

Send that puppy my way :lol:

That's too bad to hear about the kit tho man. You'd think that a company like that that's trying to break out and get noticed would want to double-check everything before they send the kit to the customer. :(

Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
If the light is flashing really fast then the chip isn't making right contact...clean up all the terminals again make sure its all good and clean.

Funny thing is when I installed my diablo I did a half ass job cleaning the terminals but it worked fine. :P

Holy crap Jay!! Well now I know what kind of mess Im getting myself into when I go to install mine??! :blink: Dude Im just glad that you were able to get that kit in behind the Euro bumper!!! I was soooo worried about that! What kind of mods did you have to do to make it fit? Ya it sounds like its the chip thats giving you the trouble, you really got to clean those contacts!
I could'nt Fix your brakes so I made your horn louder!
Is the intercooler supposed to go behind the front bumper where the condenser and rad is?, is that one of the modifications you had to do?
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
edit
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Timmy, I just had to cut some of the rubber peices shorter and I have to take a dremel to the bumper so I can make some extra room. Its very tight. I was planning on doing a FMIC but I dont see how I will ever get a FMIC in there. Was one of the
things I never thought about when I converted to euro. The only rubber peice I have concern for is the one connected to the blower then routing tot he pipe to the intercooler. Its pushed so close to the front of the bumper that its squishing the hose. Since it rubber it well expand and hope it wont push my bumper out. Its only slightly squished.

Also timmy. They say to remove the passenger side tow hook in the manual. You can skip that step. All you need is to remove the driver side one.

The quality of the brackets and the blower is amazing.

As for the intercooler its is made to sit like that. In that picture I didnt have it bolted down tight andlooks to be angled but it now sits perfect horizontal now. I will get some pictures tonight of the car lowered and back on the ground. Im seeing if Mitch can get me a stock euro lip so I can hide that plumbing a bit better.
just sand down more of the ecu connector, also make sure u sand down as even as possible! it really sounds like the connector not clean enough for me ;)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I hope so. This is going to be bugging me so much now. Cant even concentrate on anything else. LOL Im seriosly not going to bed till I get this thing going.
What part of the bumper did you have to dremel?
I could'nt Fix your brakes so I made your horn louder!
Ah Jay, the problems of changing your car. You would think when you spend a few thousand dollars that everything should go so smoothly. Forgetaboutit. That wouldn't be much fun?
Nice job on the install Jay and I hope all goes well.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
TimmyD@Bishopsales,Apr 18 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:What part of the bumper did you have to dremel?
[right][snapback]102373[/snapback][/right]

I only had to dremel the front bumper a tad. The pipes that I had to modify were the main pipe that hooks intot he tb. Had to adjust it so it would fit better in the 65mm fc tb. Also had to modify the plumbing that connects the blower to the main intercooler pipe and also had to modify the plubing that attached the cone filter since it was hitting the side of the euro front.

meford4u,Apr 18 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:Ah Jay, the problems of changing your car.  You would think when you spend a few thousand dollars that everything should go so smoothly.  Forgetaboutit.  That wouldn't be much fun?
Nice job on the install Jay and I hope all goes well.
[right][snapback]102390[/snapback][/right]

Nothing is ever bolt on. I now know from experience now. Dont trust an american to send you the right parts LOL Just kidding.