Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think My Shocks Don't Like Me Anymore!
I think im going to kill my shocks soon because they don't work well anymore...Is it true that the sport line is not design to work with the stock shocks??
Turbo arrived!
Very true.

A drop over 2" will kill the shocks quickly, mine were toast within 10,000 kms.
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 25 2005 Wrote:Very true.

A drop over 2" will kill the shocks quickly, mine were toast within 10,000 kms.
[right][snapback]104213[/snapback][/right]

Well by the sounds that the car make when I hit a bump, I think there survering!!!!

Wich shocks would you guys suggest?
Turbo arrived!
So i am also looking at the same sportline set up...but all this talk about what it does to your current suppesion what would u have to get to not make your car fall apart...when u get the springs?
dmcisaac,Apr 25 2005, 12:33 AM Wrote:So i am also looking at the same sportline set up...but all this talk about what it does to your current suppesion what would u have to get to not make your car fall apart...when u get the springs?
[right][snapback]104219[/snapback][/right]

Well, any drop under 2" will hurt your shocks..I don't really think you can hide from it. If you change your spring you change your shocks...that's what im going to do.
Turbo arrived!
The Eibach shocks were designed to go with the Prokit or Sportline springs.

I have them, and they're a nice combination.
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 25 2005 Wrote:The Eibach shocks were designed to go with the Prokit or Sportline springs.

[right][snapback]104226[/snapback][/right]

How much does thoses shocks go for?
Turbo arrived!
01-yellow-ZX3,Apr 24 2005 Wrote:The Eibach shocks were designed to go with the Prokit or Sportline springs.

[right][snapback]104226[/snapback][/right]

is that all u have the shocks and one of the kits?
supension wise
I have Sportline springs, Eibach Prodamper shocks/struts, strut bar, SVT rear sway bar & urethane bushings. This setup handles very nicely! It puts a lot of other vehicles to shame for cornering.

The Eibach prodampers usually go for around $329 US.
so u would need the dampers as well u have the whole kit but that is 1300 dolla
Any lowering of the car, you should use the equivalent dampers or dampers designed to be used for your new stance, spring rate, etc.

Even with the Eibach Pros which isn't as dramatic a drop as the Sportlines you shouldn't use the stock dampers. Currently I am running the stock dampers still cause it was literally impossible to get the Eibach Pro Dampers last year (massive backorder) and after about 10 months, my ride quality has diminished but it's not horrible. I can imagine on a lower drop, it would be even more diminished.
S2,Apr 25 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:Any lowering of the car, you should use the equivalent dampers or dampers designed to be used for your new stance, spring rate, etc.

Even with the Eibach Pros which isn't as dramatic a drop as the Sportlines you shouldn't use the stock dampers.  Currently I am running the stock dampers still cause it was literally impossible to get the Eibach Pro Dampers last year (massive backorder) and after about 10 months, my ride quality has diminished but it's not horrible.  I can imagine on a lower drop, it would be even more diminished.
[right][snapback]104263[/snapback][/right]

ok, well im going to look for the eibach sport line shocks, how there are and everything.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Apr 25 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:
S2,Apr 25 2005, 08:42 AM Wrote:Any lowering of the car, you should use the equivalent dampers or dampers designed to be used for your new stance, spring rate, etc.

Even with the Eibach Pros which isn't as dramatic a drop as the Sportlines you shouldn't use the stock dampers.  Currently I am running the stock dampers still cause it was literally impossible to get the Eibach Pro Dampers last year (massive backorder) and after about 10 months, my ride quality has diminished but it's not horrible.  I can imagine on a lower drop, it would be even more diminished.

ok, well im going to look for the eibach sport line shocks, how there are and everything.
[right][snapback]104282[/snapback][/right]

There are no Eibach Sportline dampers, the Pro Dampers are used for both lowering springs (Pros and the Sportlines).
S2,Apr 25 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:

There are no Eibach Sportline dampers, the Pro Dampers are used for both lowering springs (Pros and the Sportlines).
[right][snapback]104284[/snapback][/right]

ah ok, didn't know that.
Turbo arrived!
I changed my dampers and springs the same day, and I only dropped it an inch. It's uber comfortable. I don't think there's any point in doing springs without doing dampers. It's just more work in the end. Do both at the same time, and boom you're done.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
focusonthis_88,Apr 25 2005, 10:51 AM Wrote:
S2,Apr 25 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]104284[/snapback][/right]

ah ok, didn't know that.
[right][snapback]104285[/snapback][/right]

We told you all of this when you were going to put your springs in. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 25 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:We told you all of this when you were going to put your springs in.  :P
[right][snapback]104460[/snapback][/right]

I know!!! :P But i got a price on the Eibach Pro Damper Kit and im probably going to buy them.
Turbo arrived!
how much ...and were did u find them at? :D
dmcisaac,Apr 25 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:how much ...and were did u find them at? :D
[right][snapback]104501[/snapback][/right]

Well my dad is the part manager at a Ford dealership in my town so I got it really cheap. Well, if you live in the Ottawa region or in Gatineau go see Final Lap they sell them for 500$ the pro damper kit.
Turbo arrived!
:( damm haha i am ficked...sumone give me dampers for cheap :)