Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerworks Kits Are In,
one unit is going into the silver car the other is going into the JMS demo car which will soon be getting a new front bumper.

[Image: pw01.jpg]
[Image: pw02.jpg]
[Image: pw03.jpg]
[Image: pw04.jpg]

we "SHOULD" have it in our silver car by not next but the following weekend assuming we get the ECU back promptly. the silver car will remain basicly stock for a while aside from the basic bolt-ons that are already there and the SVT fuel pump i just had installed under warrenty! :ph34r: . once the kit is on and running we will give it a couple of weeks, review and then add our prototype Cams into the mix and check the results. we will have before and after dynos for all stages including base to post SC and then SC to SC + cams. once the cams are on and the car gets some mileage, the real fun begins.... big boost upgrade, bigger injectors, SVTF MAF, Diablo MAFia and my tuner gets to play with it.
goal is 275-300fwhp 240+lb/ft on 94octane... we want to push the limits of this kit on a stock motor before the built motor goes in and more boost gets added...

let the games begin! :D
**DROOOOLS**

Gonna start saving up now! B)

I want one SOooo bad!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Damn!
metal never looked so sexy....
Nice.

BTW SVT fuel pumps are the same as ZX3 pumps. I found that out last year but have now just confirmed it

Quote:O.K. lets get this whole thread straight.

There is no difference between a regular ZX3 pump and an SVT pump.

All Zetec Foci use the same pumps in their particular model years.

2001-
1M5Z-9H307-CA this is the upgraded recall pump.

2002-
early 1M5Z-9H307-CA
late 2M5Z-9H307-AD

2003 and 2004 share the same pump.
3S4Z-9H307-BC

The Duratec cars do use different pumps.

My '02 SVT uses the 2M5Z-9H307-AD pump, I can tell you that I sell the '03 Focus pumps to guys with '03-'04 Cobra Mustangs because their pump housings have two pump motors in them and the individual Focus pumps do flow more than the individual Cobra pumps.

I can also tell you that the Focus pump does not flow much if at all better than a stock Mustang GT pump so when guys with high HP GT's need to upgrade they either go to a Lincoln Aviator pump or spend the big bucks and upgrade to the '03-'04 Cobra tank and dual pump setup.

It is possible that all '02 SVT's were built with the late build pump and that is where the myth of the SVTF pump came from but I gaurantee that there are lots of standard Foci out there running the same pump.

I have no specs on the pumps, only catalog listings so it is possible that the late ones have a higher flow rating but I have no way to know that.

When I sell them to Cobra guys I sell the '03-'04 pump because it is the least expensive.

I hope all this makes sense. 
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
cool.
actually, my tuner has done testing on the SVT pumps and they do flow a lot more than the standard or recall pumps for the regular ZX3s, about 30% more. the housings on the SVTF pumps are also different than the regular ZX3pumps and they need to be swaped to fit the focus sender unit. granted i did not do the works myself, the dealership did it for me under warrenty plus a little extra for the difference in price of the pumps. but i used to work at the dealership and am friends with all the techs, service advisors and the owner of the dealership... i highly doubt they would all bullshit me the same story but who knows?
The svt pump is different than the zetec pump period.
In the service manual(2002model) there is no code for the svt pump,you have to buy the service manual(2003&up)to service the svt focus.

In testing svt pump flows better than even the duratec focus,only the Navigator pump flows better not by much and cost more$$$.

stock svt flow#217 lph at 40psi(13V).
stock svt pump with kenny bell boost a pump(17V)flow#302 lph at 40 psi(this#is the same flow#of the dual pumps in the cobra03and04).

Also the fuse(pump) for the zetec model is rated at 20A,and in the svt is at 30A.

Even if you don't know these flow rating take a look at the fuel rails of both the zetec and svt focus B) .
I've also read this about the pumps on FJ by a Ford parts guy. :huh:

Quote:O.K. lets get this whole thread straight.

There is no difference between a regular ZX3 pump and an SVT pump.

All Zetec Foci use the same pumps in their particular model years.

2001-
1M5Z-9H307-CA this is the upgraded recall pump.

2002-
early 1M5Z-9H307-CA
late 2M5Z-9H307-AD

2003 and 2004 share the same pump.
3S4Z-9H307-BC

The Duratec cars do use different pumps.

My '02 SVT uses the 2M5Z-9H307-AD pump, I can tell you that I sell the '03 Focus pumps to guys with '03-'04 Cobra Mustangs because their pump housings have two pump motors in them and the individual Focus pumps do flow more than the individual Cobra pumps.

I can also tell you that the Focus pump does not flow much if at all better than a stock Mustang GT pump so when guys with high HP GT's need to upgrade they either go to a Lincoln Aviator pump or spend the big bucks and upgrade to the '03-'04 Cobra tank and dual pump setup.

It is possible that all '02 SVT's were built with the late build pump and that is where the myth of the SVTF pump came from but I gaurantee that there are lots of standard Foci out there running the same pump.

I have no specs on the pumps, only catalog listings so it is possible that the late ones have a higher flow rating but I have no way to know that.

When I sell them to Cobra guys I sell the '03-'04 pump because it is the least expensive.

I hope all this makes sense.