Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Af Gauge Help
So I decided to finally wire up the a/f gauge and I dunno if I got it working right. I dont get how but.

Black wire went to a ground. I used the same ground I used for my gauge face.

Red went to power. I used empty fuse for when the ignition is on.

Finally I tapped into the 1st o2 sensor black wire. I tapped into the wire after the green harness. I also used one of those quick taps so I dont see how I could have anything hooks up wrong. The gauge works but it just seems liek its not working right. The ground and power are good else I wouldnt have any power to the gauge.

Here is a video I did. Something seems way off. Its making me mad that such as easy thing isnt working and hope I didnt end up with a faulty gauge.

Click here for video 1mb

and this is what I ment by quick tap

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/thabrat/gauge_af009.jpg[/image]
It looks to be working Backwards. Usually when you give it gas it goes into the green, and stays in yellow when idling, and red when you come off the the accelerator and back and forth as you drive. Im just waiting for my pod from the painter than Im installing mine.

I had mine hooked up using the same quick tap in my Cavy. Unless your car runs real rich then it may be right :huh:

David
[Image: sigfocuscanada.jpg]
Maybe tonight Im going to solder and tap into the gray instead of the black.

I dunno why my car would run to rich thow. Everything having to do with e manage is stock.
Its suppose to go to rich on start up Jay. Does this to heat up the cat faster....

I think its hooked up right. let it idle for 2 minutes and check to see if it sweeps from side to side.

When I hooked up mine and was on the wrong wire, the guauge stayed in Lean and didnt move.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
what wire did you tap into Flo?
Im pretty sure it was a black wire. Im in Montreal and Cant check right now.

I've been asked like 8 times that same question....lol....I should really check!
same here.. black wire.. but some its the grey wire..
ZX3T gone..
i'm guessing its connected backwards. jay, you could the wire coming out of pin 60 on your ecu. think thats the one.
'03 Focus SVT
Air Fuel gauge

hope this helps.
'03 Focus SVT
I honestly think its hooked up right guys....it it was wrong, it owuldnt move at all, no????
In the Autometer install it says when ide or when there is no load the light should dancing back and forth witch mine is not :(

I was origionally going to tap into the ecu but i have no idea how to get at that wire. everything is so tight and dont know where I should be looking.
ZX3TUNR,May 16 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:In the Autometer install it says when ide or when there is no load the light should dancing back and forth witch mine is not :(

I was origionally going to tap into the ecu but i have no idea how to get at that wire. everything is so tight and dont know where I should be looking.
[right][snapback]109216[/snapback][/right]

How long did you let it go for? Its suppose to go to Rich on start up. Mine does, always did.
I been running it most of the day now. When I first start the car up the gauge doesnt even move. Then you wait a few seconds and it slowly climbs to the middle top then drops to lean then slowy goes to rich and just stays there. Then when I actually drive it drops to lean then goes to rich. Then coming to a light and at idle she drops to rich again. Start her back up she go to top middle then rich then lean LOL. Its like all over and moves so slow.. Takes about 10seonds in between before it adjusts the gauge again.

I think tonight Im going to tap into the gray wire instead. I keep getting mixed answers of what wire to use so Im just going to try both lol..
Do try both. Berin and I had to use different wires for the same result.
Thats probably why your getting mixed answers...lol