Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Custom Made Front Bumper
Adam, go look at pics of my car. Its lowered 2" and you can fit lots of fingers wherever you want!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: <_<

Im also riding on 15's.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Supah Silvah Snail's on 15s? :o

Dude, we have words for people like you - rubber abusers. :)

Ok, I'll stay OT. I like the look of the car... but the bumper's mucho extreme for me.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Oh Nate its not about saying either meford or am I are better than he is, he wanted feedback and he got it. That bumper sucks.

1. its ugly
2. its not done well
3. the uni-wiper mod brings everything else down with it.

finsihed or not, in its condition it sucks. I never once claimed my glass skills were better. Thats why I don't undertake such huge tasks. Do you give props to some guy trying to climb Mount everest in shorts and a t-shirt just cause he tried something really hard? No, you call him an idiot for even trying. Same goes here, the job sucks, poorly done. Maybe he should have tried something less ambitious or if he has already done smaller things, go back to them, cause this bumper turned out bad.

I was going to keep my mouth shut but nate you called me on this one and this is the truth. Needless to say the dude wanted feed back, well here it is.
Run your car, not your mouth
looks good though.. nice work.. but as mentioned, thats low.. it would rip off the first drive 5 feet out of my driveway hehehe
ZX3T gone..
thanx for the feedback guys, TRUST ME, i aint takin ne of this to heart, everyone has their own taste and i LOVE IT, but like i've said, IT AINT FINISHED YET! once its done i think a few of u might change ur minds, but that's just me

thanx again for all the fedback, its been great to know what other people think
SDPZX3,May 20 2005, 12:34 PM Wrote:thanx for the feedback guys, TRUST ME,  i aint takin ne of this to heart, everyone has their own taste and i LOVE IT, but like i've said, IT AINT FINISHED YET! once its done i think a few of u might change ur minds, but that's just me

[right][snapback]110073[/snapback][/right]

Taken with class.

You have my vote! :thumbsup:
you're definitely taking people's criticism in stride... that bumper definitely ain't for me... nor is the single wiper mod (Why god, oh why?!).

I wish it were possible to model that badboy out of clay first, or provide a picture of what you're trying to achieve... I can't really say anything other than it looks really low, and doesn't look right in that pic.

But to each his own.. it's about what makes you happy... I'm happy my car can drive in snow, over railroad tracks without anything being ripped off... I've hit some big bumps with my 1.5" lowering, and I've never hit the bumpstops yet. (thank the lord!).

I believe it was DD1 who bought the CF lip that you couldn't fit a lighter under... didn't even make it back home to his place after he installed it by my reckoning... just be prepaired for the 'extra work' of having a custom piece that is too low for the car.

keep us posted of the final product... it may still turn out to be a thing of beauty...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I'm glad you don't take my words than anything more than just words. Yes, its not my style, and that does NOT make it the same as a personal attack against you as the driver.

My car isn't loved by everybody here either so we are even!
^^^^^^^^^^^

your not kidding..........

hehehehehe
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
^^^ touche!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,May 20 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:.....I believe it was DD1 who bought the CF lip that you couldn't fit a lighter under... didn't even make it back home to his place after he installed it by my reckoning.....
[right][snapback]110095[/snapback][/right]

That lip was low!! You could fit a lighter under it on its side....you just couldnt stand it up and fit it under, even if you had a mini BIC lighter it was still too tall!

That lip was gay! It lived for about 2 hours I think and then disintegrated under DD1's focus as it fell off and got sucked underneath...

*moment of silence..* R.I.P. Lip.....

hahaha Don....that Lip sucked balls....
nice bumper.. yeah its low... but I like it!!!

and for the 1.5'' drop , my car have 1.5'' drop and he look like yours, for sure!!

[Image: P1130051.jpg]

[Image: no.jpg]
Cardomain: Click Here!
MonChar.com ICI!
ZOOM,May 20 2005, 11:20 AM Wrote:Oh Nate its not about saying either meford or am I are better than he is, he wanted feedback and he got it. That bumper sucks.

1. its ugly
2. its not done well
3. the uni-wiper mod brings everything else down with it.

finsihed or not, in its condition it sucks. I never once claimed my glass skills were better. Thats why I don't undertake such huge tasks. Do you give props to some guy trying to climb Mount everest in shorts and a t-shirt just cause he tried something really hard? No, you call him an idiot for even trying. Same goes here, the job sucks, poorly done. Maybe he should have tried something less ambitious or if he has already done smaller things, go back to them, cause this bumper turned out bad.

I was going to keep my mouth shut but nate you called me on this one and this is the truth. Needless to say the dude wanted feed back, well here it is.
[right][snapback]110061[/snapback][/right]

Tony, All I'm trying to say is their's nicer ways of critisizing his work. For all you know this is the first time hes attempted something like this and is learning. Its not done, and yeah, it has a lot of work that still needs to be done. I wouldnt go as far as say its ugly, its not done ;) :rolleyes:

I agree, it is low, and yeah the wiper mod has to go for sure. but see how nice I was about it.

Thats like you posting a pic of a new carbon fibre hood with your red fenders. I know you havent completed the project, so why flame away. If he posted that, painted, ready to go.....well...yeah...BURN him to the ground. :lol: :lol:

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
ANTHONYD,May 20 2005, 12:39 PM Wrote:
SDPZX3,May 20 2005, 12:34 PM Wrote:thanx for the feedback guys, TRUST ME,  i aint takin ne of this to heart, everyone has their own taste and i LOVE IT, but like i've said, IT AINT FINISHED YET! once its done i think a few of u might change ur minds, but that's just me

Taken with class.

You have my vote! :thumbsup:
[right][snapback]110075[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. I'll wait to see the finished product. Nice tail lights & eyebrows btw.
SDPZX3,May 20 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:thanx for the feedback guys, TRUST ME,  i aint takin ne of this to heart, everyone has their own taste and i LOVE IT, but like i've said, IT AINT FINISHED YET! once its done i think a few of u might change ur minds, but that's just me

hey if you can take our s**t and throw it right back at us your an all right fuktard in my books.
Welcome to the site and best of luck with your glassing projects.

i stick to what I know best.

women.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,May 21 2005, 01:50 AM Wrote:
SDPZX3,May 20 2005, 04:34 PM Wrote:thanx for the feedback guys, TRUST ME,  i aint takin ne of this to heart, everyone has their own taste and i LOVE IT, but like i've said, IT AINT FINISHED YET! once its done i think a few of u might change ur minds, but that's just me

hey if you can take our s**t and throw it right back at us your an all right fuktard in my books.

i suck on what I know best.

men.

[right][snapback]110145[/snapback][/right]

woah....
ZOOM,May 20 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:

men.

woah....
[right][snapback]110164[/snapback][/right]

AHHH YOU IDIOT!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

great minds think alike I see.
;) :D
ANTHONYD,May 21 2005, 10:46 AM Wrote:
ZOOM,May 20 2005, 11:27 PM Wrote:

men.

woah....
[right][snapback]110164[/snapback][/right]

AHHH YOU IDIOT!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

great minds think alike I see.
;) :D
[right][snapback]110187[/snapback][/right]

You two wanna take turns?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
yikes^^^

... :unsure: :blink: :huh: :unsure: :blink: :huh: ...

Not really my style, but I've definitely seen a lot worse. My suggestion would be to smooth over the bump-strip ribs and build the license plate indent large enough to fit the whole plate (rather than having the bottom hanging down).

Just be prepared to be repairing it quite a bit as the roads will not be kind to a bumber that low. My suggestion for a rebuild would be to get rid of the middle grill section, make the middle section (around the license plate) a little bigger and keep the bottom lip with foglights but moved up higher.. would give you more ground clearance and keep the same style.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom Made Front Bumper SDPZX3 23 6,826 05-30-2005, 07:21 AM
Last Post: SDPZX3