Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Antenna
Well got it today in da mail. Thanks Mitch for dat.. Even with long weekend and all still made it here in under 4business days.

Comparsion with a standard pen. Note the pen is not always mightier. :D
[Image: shortyant.jpg]

And here we are installed

[Image: shortyant2.jpg]
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
What? No How-To Install Guide??

Hows the reception!?
microbunny,May 24 2005, 04:26 PM Wrote:What? No How-To Install Guide??

Hows the reception!?
[right][snapback]110654[/snapback][/right]

Lol How-to (Guilty offered his services for 40$/hr and figured 2hrs to do the job)

Step 1.Unscrew big beatin stick of death (or dog twapper u hit them in the ass and they spin around looking for who did it)

Step 2. Screw in mini antenna.

Step 3. Look at the beautiful handiwork. That took all of 30secs.

As for reception I don't know I never use the radio. To be honest I think the radio stations in Regina suck ass.(104.9 wolf is good on occasion, and if I have nothing else)
This was done merely for cosmetic look.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
Yeah, radio reception isnt really much of a concern in Regina, unless you really like hearing the same AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Guns n Roses songs over and over and over again.

That, and the city is so small that the broadcasting towers are never that far away.. the only one that really is affected sometimes is the community radio but it comes in fine with my shorty.
nice mod, if you can really call it that :P , no offence, just siad seeing as it was SO simple...plan on doing it myself sometime soon :)
I have a shorty antenna and the reception is okay. I can get our local fm(The Foxx) for about 250k and tune into the next which is usally C95 Saskatoon with no problem, but I have a great sound system in my car so I only use the radio while in town or I want to hear the local weather.

It is a reat and easy mod.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I have a silver shorty on my silver wagon.

Don't throw away the stock one - you might need it. It's so easy for someone to steal the shorty.
The stock will be put on in winter to avoid breakage. And it sits with my stock 6disc changer other stuff I take outta the car I plan on keeping (Just incase u never know)

Also I drove around a bit, and the reception doesn't seem any different from the stock. But like I said regina radio sucks I've got my mp3 cds to keep me company.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
Had mine for 2 years now, the reception is pretty good keep it on year round!
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
guilty,May 24 2005, 06:41 PM Wrote:Yeah, radio reception isnt really much of a concern in Regina, unless you really like hearing the same AC/DC, Aerosmith, and Guns n Roses songs over and over and over again.

[right][snapback]110660[/snapback][/right]

SOUNDS LIKE Q107 TO ME.
.....we have Q107 in calgary! haha
I like cheese
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
you guys bought thease????

i made my own ....
2003 Zx3 French Blue
i did too
i just cut my stock antenna in half and stuck the tip cover on again...
ZX3TUNING,May 28 2005, 08:18 PM Wrote:i did too
i just cut my stock antenna in half and stuck the tip cover on again...
[right][snapback]111240[/snapback][/right]

same here works amazinggggggggggggg..boil it for a long long time
2003 Zx3 French Blue
I didn't want to chop up my stock one. besides was only 30$.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP