Poll:
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Should I Do?
A chance deal has come my way to possibly upgrade my stereo!!

Right now I have Alpine Type-S 5x7"'s in all four doors and I have the opportunity to switch into MB Quart Reference Series 6x8" 2-way Component sets front and rear.

Info On MB Quart RCE-268

I like the Alpines but, these MB' s are...well....absolutely stunning!!! And I can run them off the Clarion amp I already use for the Alpines :)

What are peoples opinions of what I should do?
i never heard how the alpines sounded in a focus. but i just put in a pair of MB quart RSC213 components in my front doors. my only recoomendation is send them ALOT of power. my alpine deck 25wx4 rms made them clip
the jensen amp i have on them temporarily 75wx2 ( jensen watts ) makes them clip. next test is running the alpine amp on them 110x2 rms and see what happens. they sound excellent with the right power, but in low power applications. the kenwoods i bought off dan sounded better than them. imo, nothing compared to focals. but the quarts are good.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I got a 50x4 alpine deck and a 90x4 clarion amp...
is the 90wx4 clarion amp rms or peak
the jensen is 300w peak.. and its not enough.
05 Altima SE-R
go with focal...WAYY!! better
-Will update mods when its all put back together...
1998 nissan 200sx 2.0L Turbo
Check it out here
The thing is though. if you look around online. you can get MB quart CHEEEAP ... i got my refrence set for 119us. i paid over 700cdn for my focals. sure the focals sound better. but it depends if youre that much of an audiophile.
05 Altima SE-R
Yeah..I'm not looking for $700 in speakers....per pair...

I can get the MB's for a nice price...I've never even heard of Focals or where you can get em

Haha, thats the key.... The best brands are the ones youve never heard of.
05 Altima SE-R
You know Bunny since I really like you I will let you in on what I am currently running. Now you can't rock out to Bon Jovi or Def Leppard without a quality system.

Enter your postal code...then try the link again sorry guys.... :D

The speakers:

Mullets Rule

And now the kick ass deck:

Rock On D00d

If you like I can show you my amp...but I think you know the way now and can help yourself. :D

Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
i also have the alpine 5x7 type-s and they are awesome amplified. if your deck supports time correction and treble levels they can be amazing. you technically dont even need tweeters... they can be very loud and crisp or they can be toned done for more that mid level sound. i currently run the alpine cda-7894 and have the time correction, i love it. the 5x7's pump out a good 40watt rms if amplified properly.

edit: do you still run the stock wiring? Or have you re-done the wiring? Im currently running stock wires... which id love to change. curious if you have done it or not?
*** 2000 Street Edition Sedan Album ***
(May Your New Owner Love You As I Did)
GlennH,May 12 2004, 08:17 PM Wrote:... do you still run the stock wiring? Or have you re-done the wiring? Im currently running stock wires... which id love to change. curious if you have done it or not?
Yo glenn man..

Yeh I replaced and ran new wires throughout...phoenix gold mainly and some extra little gold plated connectors.. :) by the way...the sedan is a whore to run wires through...in some spots

I know what you mean about the alpine speakers...they do kick ass amplified!!

I got an Alpine cda-9811 mp3/wma/cd deck..50x4 hooked to my four alpine type-s 5x7"...powered by my clarion amp...90x4...

my sub and other clarion amp are still in boxes....for a little while at least...(long story <_< )

and it does sound wiked....but i am hungry for more and these speakers sound so much better...IMO...

I was just considering the money factor and the 'do i really need to switch if im happy now' factor..
get the sub and amp in before you make the decision. maybe you will be happy with what you have. unfortunatly i have no subs in @ the moment. just listening to the speakers is weird. they dont put off any kind of bass at all. i just recieved my jbl bp 1200.1 and i need to buy a fuse because i blew mine the other day being an idiot... hehe so im on hold @ the moment. also i have a third sub and im starting to design a sub box for 3x12" subs. gonna be cool.
as for re-wiring everything... thats awesome. i so wanna do that.
Cool, you gotta post pics when youre done building your 3x12 box. I had 3x12s in the zx3, and i dont think i took any pictures :angry: 3x12 is a nice configuration, it doesnt get too much louder than 2x12's but imho its worth it.

As for micro. i'd definatley recommend putting the sub in first, makes a world of difference.
05 Altima SE-R
i have a sedan. i'am lookin for idea's for 3 subs. i dont care for trunk space... i could use it all, but im curious for a layout. if anyone has an opinion please let me know.
what i did was a "treo wedge box) the two subs were angled out to oppisite sides. and the 3rd sub (center) was facing the rear of the trunk. and i had the amps mounted on the back seat. thats my favorite config so far for a trunk with 3 subs.
05 Altima SE-R
One of the nicest 3x12 or 3x10 setups for a sedan that i've seen is similar to the ghetto picture I made below!!

<a href='http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v72/microbunny/3X12DEMO.jpg'>[Image: 3X12DEMO.jpg]</a>

my buddy had this setup (3x10&quot;) in an eagle summit (LOL) ...and it friggin pounded!!
well i decided not to wait for my system to be installed, i did it myself. man this jbl bp1200.1 is amazing. its got a little to much power i think.
sell the car
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
lol i actually sold all my stereo stuff and bought new.
I heard a 3 pairs of Focal 6.5&quot; component speakers tonight and let me say that they sound truly amazing. There was a $450 pair, a $650 pair, and a $1100 pair. I couldn't really tell the difference between the 3 but there was a slight difference between the $1100 pair and the $450 pair. Not a $650 difference but a detectable one. I can say that these were the best speakers I have ever heard!