Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cai Installed
Installed an AEM CAI last night. i got it off laidman's car. I cant get enough of the sound. i love it. after actually seeing the AEM, i see why it was recomended over the ebay one, the welds are alot better quality.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Jun 3 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:Installed  an AEM CAI last night. i got it off laidman's car.  I cant get enough of the sound. i love it. after actually seeing the AEM, i see why it was recomended over the ebay one, the welds are alot better quality.
[right][snapback]112385[/snapback][/right]

I think I speak for us all when I say....

:postpics:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jun 3 2005, 09:05 AM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jun 3 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:Installed  an AEM CAI last night. i got it off laidman's car.  I cant get enough of the sound. i love it. after actually seeing the AEM, i see why it was recomended over the ebay one, the welds are alot better quality.
[right][snapback]112385[/snapback][/right]

I think I speak for us all when I say....

:postpics:
[right][snapback]112391[/snapback][/right]

dang right
lol didnt finish install til 12 last night, no digi around, at work now, will take pics when i get home.
on thing is rigged on it though, the original AEM elbow/coupler to the TB was ripped apart. but my friend had a spare one lying around so i used it. the problem is that it has a small hole in the top which looks like its for a sensor. to plug it i used a a short bolt with a large washer and wrapped the coupler with electrical tape.

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
oh s**t, thats what I forgot to give you, the screw driver for the screw on the MAF.
laidman,Jun 3 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:oh s**t, thats what I forgot to give you, the screw driver for the screw on the MAF.
[right][snapback]112409[/snapback][/right]
had that, its the coupler i had to rig

I may have a coupler kicking around if you need one. Its just a rubber one tho...
hardk0re,Jun 3 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:I may have a coupler kicking around if you need one. Its just a rubber one tho...
[right][snapback]112422[/snapback][/right]
for the pipe to the Throttle body? if so, how much?

ZX5focused,Jun 3 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jun 3 2005, 12:28 PM Wrote:I may have a coupler kicking around if you need one. Its just a rubber one tho...
[right][snapback]112425[/snapback][/right]

If you could measure the size of the tube I think its 2.5" right? and the size of the TB I can see if I have the correct size of coupler. If I have it just pay for shipping and its yours.
hardk0re,Jun 3 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jun 3 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]112425[/snapback][/right]

If you could measure the size of the tube I think its 2.5" right? and the size of the TB I can see if I have the correct size of coupler. If I have it just pay for shipping and its yours.
[right][snapback]112439[/snapback][/right]
sweet ill measure it tonight and get back to you, but the upper is 2.5 for sure just gotta double check the TB.
Thanks man

the pipe is 2.5 and the tb is a little more than 3, i think