Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Customer Shifter ?'s
just a question I know its not the same nor recommended but anyone taken out the reverse lockout and cut their shifter down in order to fit a nice shift knob on there??I am out of dough and i have a car show in like a week so i need a quick rememdyanyone ever done it? ;)
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I did exactly that and I love it!! I just took a garbage bag and cut a small hole and slid it down the shifter and then cut it, all the dust and metal just went into the bag and I threw it out.
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
yeah but what year??? and waht did u do with the reverse lockout assembly??
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I have a 2000 focus and the reverse lockout just pulls out. Take the stock knob of and you just have to pull the plastic piece out. The only hard part is getting the reverse lockout out of the shift boot but with a little patience it will come out. Hope this helps
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

be like me...i didnt have patience to pop the tabs out so out came the wire snippers :D
The reverse lockout on the 2000-mid2002 shifters is easy to get rid of, not sure about the 2003s though. When you pull the boot up, see what mechanism the reverse lockout ring pulls up.. You should be able to get rid of it fairly easily.