Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borla Catback....
Yeah I still can't believe that deal. I was going to go with a Borla (Steeda) or Magnaflow and the price is at least a couple hundred below what I could have got either for.

I am like praying that it gets here on Friday so I can install it on Saturday. Going to be awesome!! I have wanted exhaust for a while now....
MBRP is at my house right now, hoping to do the install tonight, if not, tomorrow night for sure..... can't wait....
Let us know how it goes I'm thinking of heading down to their office in the next few weeks and getting one! If possible get some pics man.
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
The install went good, damn stock exhaust cut not to bad, used a sawsall and then had to use a hacksaw for the last bit (took about 10 minutes max to cut off)... the rest came off good, the bolts at the cat were a bitch, rusted up, impact made short work of those...

The MBRP, easy to bolt up, the back end was twisted a bit so you would definitely need two people to do it, one under the car, one behind the car holding the new end section.

Only problem, the new exhaust tip doesn't stick out far enough, I got a Wings West Body Kit so I need to get it extended about an inch or so, little more so that the exhaust doesn't heat up the body kit, paint and discolor it. Also, the tip was wanting to pull to the right at the back so I have to make some mock bracket (no welder tonight) so just cut a piece of a bed frame (angle iron) and took a coat hanger to hold the piece in place to give the back section enough pressure to hold it away from my body kit. Tomorrow, heading into some shop to get them to weld a piece of metal in to put pressure on the hanger, just so the tip is centered in the hole in the Wings West kit.

Sounds awesome, little louder than I thought it would be, stinks like hell but apparently that's the oil in the pipes the use in the manufacturing process. I can feel a light difference in acceleration but it definitely is there. Very happy with the results except for that bedframe crap we had to do. At 10:00 at night, not much for anything open and I was worried that the tip would heat up (and it sure the hell does) and melt the body kit, so basically the bed frame thing was just to put pressure to hold the tip away from the kit. I think the piece of bed frame we had to cut was about 3-5/8". Just enough to center the pipe (will take it to the shop in the morning to get it done properly)...

Very happy... very very happy.... :)