Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scissor Door Adventure (pics Added)
Well my kit should be here soon. Doors are finally going vertical :D

Now watch the panties drop :) LOL

Picked them up from JT Autostyle. Supposed to be a "bolt on" kit but Im no sucker. LOL I got the tools sitting here allready for any fender mods. If anything the fender might need some rolling or I can use the dremel and cut it out to make room for when the door goes out.

I did alot of research. Think its been a year of reading up on these dam thing and many others did the JT Autostyle kit with out needing to mod anything but you never know these days.

I well post up pics and progress as time progresses

Bash all you want you haters :P but its seriosly a mod I always wanted and im happy with it. Till of course the day I find out it dont work lol like the ProCharger LOL
Awsome .. cant wait to see pics.

Great mod for show cars.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
a friend of mine in london just put his 2002 civic on bags and lambo doors. I like the look of the doors a lot. On a show car it looks crazy cool, but I am afraid of the flimsyness of the hinges. It looks so sketch its not even funny.
Run your car, not your mouth
hope you bang your head on it getting out of the car one day. Might knock some sense into you to put the stock doors back on :P
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
i doubt i well have any toruble getting in and out. I seen big guys get in and out of cars with scissor doors without any hassle and im like the size of their belly.

The flimsness is there so there is some play. If it was all tight and it moved around you would end up snapping something. Open up a stock door all the way up and see how flimsy it is. Some ppl just get pins welded in to get rid of the play but doing that could be worse.
Right on Jay, can't wait to see that in person. I've heard nothing but praise from people with that kit on the focus. I haven't heard of anyone with any installation issues, as far as I know, JTautostyle makes the best kits out there.

Awesome stuff, can't wait to see it!
Glad you're happy with them.

I personally think you just ruined one of the nicest Focus in N.A.

Enjoy. :)
Jay, congrads, and i think your doing a good move of making your unique car, even more unique with this..hope you enjoy, and you better get your ass down to Ontario one day and show them off to us!
ill comment once i see it...

but congrats on the new mod..your doing ALOT more, than most on this site do...
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Jun 23 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:ill comment once i see it...

[right][snapback]116628[/snapback][/right]

Only because he's got gobs of cash. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Jun 23 2005, 07:24 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]116630[/snapback][/right]

true...

but i know some of you, if you had the cash, still wouldnt be doing the things he does
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
FociPhil,Jun 23 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:

true...

but i know some of you, if you had the cash, still wouldnt be doing the things he does
[right][snapback]116646[/snapback][/right]

You got that right bro.

I'd be investing, making my home better, and building equity.
Hope they look better on a focus then a sunfire, some dude around here put lambo doors on his sunfire and looks facking stupid :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
FociPhil,Jun 23 2005, 01:40 PM Wrote:but i know some of you, if you had the cash, still wouldnt be doing the things he does

You're right that most people, even if they had the cash, would not subject their poor cars to having scissor doors :P

It's a good show-car mod, but I still think that the first time we have our 90km/h wind gusts you're going to open your door and *doooooink* it's going to bend right over. Would look funny trying to drive it home with the door sticking straight out and twisted over :P

Does the company have a strength rating on their hinges, like any test data to see what kind of wind force it takes to bend the hinge? I guess it would depend on the door though, and the Focus has a big wide door so it'll grab more air.. but I guess we'll find out soon enough :D :lol: ;)
Kool_ZX3,Jun 23 2005, 01:02 PM Wrote:Hope they look better on a focus then a sunfire, some dude around here put lambo doors on his sunfire and looks facking stupid  :lol:
[right][snapback]116659[/snapback][/right]

Here's what they look like.

[Image: focus_lsd.gif]

The thing is thow if its ever that windy out I well more then likley wont even let the focus leave the garage. I remember last wind storm we had I called my dad to come drive me to work.
I think it'll be facking sweet. I for sure have to see your car after it's done. I love scissor doors, and would love to do that as well.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
ANTHONYD,Jun 23 2005, 03:49 PM Wrote:
FociPhil,Jun 23 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:

true...

You got that right bro.

I'd be turbochargin', making my car handle better, and building stoopid amounts of boost.
[right][snapback]116652[/snapback][/right]

Werd B)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Equity dont help ya when your 6 feet under...

Granted... Scissor doors dont either. :P

The reiger focus looks awsome in that picture... Everytime I see a car with the reiger bumper I shed a tear.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Yup. Might as well have fun while I can. I might not be around to make it to 30. You never know.
tdot-zx3,Jun 23 2005, 10: Wrote:Equity dont help ya when your 6 feet under...

Granted... Scissor doors dont either. :P

The reiger focus looks awsome in that picture... Everytime I see a car with the reiger bumper I shed a tear.
[right][snapback]116798[/snapback][/right]

How does it go? :huh:

You enter this world with nothing and you leave this world with nothing.

While your here, you might as well have something cool.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]