Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamin-x
does anyone know where i can get it or something similiar locally?
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
whats that? Lamin??

:unsure:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
That's the colored films/tint that you can put on headlights right?
http://www.ltbmotorsport.com/lacofi.html

Yup, I was right..... not sure about here in Canada, some guys on FF.com ordered some but it was from the states. Maybe special order from a good autoparts place?
focussport has them on their website pre-cut for the headlights and foglights. i don't want to order from them b/c shipping will probably be more than the kit itself. some people have had problems with them as well.
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
Maybe try asking around some local tint shops to see if they carry or could get some of it.
If Focus Sport has it maybe try asking Mitch (ZX3TUNING) if he can get it since he deals with FS and is in Canada.
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
Lamin-x has their own web site and i believe they sell the kits directly and also in bulk rolls

i was checking them out 'cause i was thinking about blacking out my HIDs.......
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Wow this would be a nice alternative to my tail light covers. Anyone know if there are pics of this stuff applied anywhere?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Nov 7 2004, 02:04 AM Wrote:Wow this would be a nice alternative to my tail light covers. Anyone know if there are pics of this stuff applied anywhere?
Yeah it looks pretty sweet! B)

check on their web site at http://www.lamin-x.com
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
I've read that everyone is using that...specially to tint the fogs to amber...I'm checking also..I want mines amber too.!, and I'been reading that the product its awesome...lets see if we can at least order in bulk...one roll of the same color..
whos in for it?
and what tint??
black...
amber...
:ph34r:
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
i was wanting my fogs amber too. anybody else interested in amber fogs?
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT
If you just want yellow fogs and not necessarily the protection of the laminant you could just get yellow bulbs.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Ive looked everywhere for yellow bulbs, No luck at all.

If you know a place let me know please.
I know that BAT Inc has some...but nobody said nothing good about them...some said they lasted for a month or 4...so.
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
:lol:

I knew someone would ask! I got yellow bulbs in both my cars fogs. I went cheap on the Focus and top shelf for the Subaru. The Focus got (I forget the number 889?) from here:

http://www.classicgarage.com/classicgarage...ellow-gold.html

I think after shipping it was $30 for the pair. As you see they are 50W vs stock 36(?)W which brings up an important point, I only use mine in fog/rain/snow. I've come back from up north and an inch of ice has crusted over the entire front of car including headlights but the heat generated by 50W fogs will melt anything that touches the surface of the fog lens. They get hot and are not a good idea if style is your motivation. Some have apparantly had melting issues with 55W bulbs (lens is plastic on North American Focus) but I have not in with 50W and have had the same bulbs for 4 years. Again I only use them in fog/rain/snow, I think they need the cooling effect of moisture on the lens. They are not "Lexus" yellow but a pale "yellowish". Some of the guys have seen mine if you want another opinion.

The question remains "form vs function". If the question is "are they better than stock" then yes, if the question is "will they make me look like a Lexus?" not quite.

As for the WRX I've just last week tried PIAA H3 Yellow ION Crystal. They are 55W bulbs with an advertised 80W output. Too early to tell but very expensive and I'm not sure if they have anything that fits the Focus but they definately are bright.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
yellow bulbs

svt fogs are h10
'02 CD Silver SVT
All the options
#3731 out of 4788

'85 Mustang GT