Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screeching Noise
Hey,

I just noticed 2 days ago, when I make a left turn with my car I hear this screeching noise coming from the front drivers tire...Anyone know what this could be caused by?!!?!?!?!

Thanks
Wheel bearing?
is it expensive to change etc?
check your tire pressure
Okay...I guess this call for asking my boyfriend to check a few things for me on my car haha...

I was thinking also could it be the power steering fluid?!?!Even if it doesnt do it when im turning right? or no..?
The power steering issue would make a whine noise rather than a squeel.

I'm gessing it might be either a belt of some sort or a wheel bearing. Is is at high speeds or low?
Its at Low Speeds...like when im turning to back up...or turning at a stop etc
might be a belt that's loose and slipping, I had the same kind of issue and it was a belt on my topaz. the entire tensioner system was gone(stupid canadian tire) last time I get them to do anything hard related to a car.
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
was is very expensive to get fixed?
Guys, remember a few yrs back, when we were at Dans house and his car made a horrible screeching sound when he turned the wheel all the way? well it turned out his power steering fluid was BONE DRY. haha. you can just peak under the hood and see if the resivoir is filled or maybe there is a leak?
My other ride is your Mom
the fluid is ok :(
this is weird...

my wife's 2005 Mazda 6 is making this exact noise....left turn...screaching...

definatly not a power steering pump sound...quite irritating actually...only left hand turns...

i can't figure out what the heck it could be...

anyhow...going in for service this week....good thing the car is still under warranty
dumb cars ! ugh!

well someone checked for me...and...my grease things are dry...but they are sealed so theres like no way on filling them up
If you can, Get the adaptor that fits on the greese nipple and fit it to a Air line, Blow the snot outa the nipple then greese away.

If i remember correct the bearings run 65$ for a Civic, The bearings are alot smaller then the Focus.
could be a strut tower bearing. They are known to go on the focus
they are $15 through ford
So I figured out what the noise is thats coming from my front tire when I turn my steering wheel..

My dad removed my tire to find that my driver side coil spring is broken! and is rubbing when I turn...Thankfully its a recall hehe so thats a good thing and they will be changing both in the font :)
Melanie_L,Jul 25 2005, 01:38 PM Wrote:So I figured out what the noise is thats coming from my front tire when I turn my steering wheel..

My dad removed my tire to find that my driver side coil spring is broken! and is rubbing when I turn...Thankfully its a recall hehe so thats a good thing and they will be changing both in the font :)
[right][snapback]124922[/snapback][/right]

sell the car asap, the next thing to likely go wrong is the engine coming out of the engine bay.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
whys that???

The coils are a recall..
Humm.. Melanie ? :blink:

How long have you been on the forum? So you were spying on me and feeding all my dirty focus secrets to my sacred enemy CileGray ?! :ph34r:

I told you people could help you here..
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Jul 25 2005, 03:28 PM Wrote:Humm.. Melanie ?  :blink:

How long have you been on the forum? So you were spying on me and feeding all my dirty focus secrets to my sacred enemy CileGray ?! :ph34r:

I told you people could help you here..
[right][snapback]125042[/snapback][/right]

Cilegray, noooo...jme souviens qui m'avait parler de tavoir essayer de racer durant la pluie ou de quoi dememe!!!! Fait comme un an que j'lui ait pas parler a lui! haha

Ive been on here since my car started making a retarded noise!!!!! Like a month ago and noone around me knew what it was..."its nothing" "its ur steering"
"greasing" etc etc...
Finalement,...je suis monter a Aylmer en fds...pis mon papa a enlever la roue et mon coil spring du cote du conducteur est messed up! so la jai un rendez-vous vendredi matin faire arranger ca...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  screeching/rubbing noise when releasing clutch arpaul15 11 9,550 10-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Last Post: arpaul15