Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Bastard Cowards In London, England
Watching it right now... up to like 36 people deased... so sad!!!
Im hearing that Al Quida is claiming it on the radio...right in time for the G8 summit and London just got the Olympics...

I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
07-07-05

does this have any meaning or symbolism.
'03 Focus SVT
Here's a time line of today's events..

8:49 a.m. British transport police receive report on incident on Metropolitan Line between Liverpool Street and Aldgate.

9:15 a.m. Media reports say explosion reported and emergency services headed to Liverpool Street Station.

9:24 a.m. Transport police say cause of emergency could be a collision of two trains, a power cut, or an exploded power cable. Police report some minor injuries.

9:33 a.m. London Underground shut down. Passengers told a power fault across network is to blame.

9:33 a.m. Another incident at Edgware Road Station reported.

9:40 a.m. Transport police report power surge incidents at five Underground stations: Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Old Street and Russell Square.

10:02 a.m. Scotland Yard says it is responding to a major incident.

10:14 a.m. Reports of a bus torn apart by an explosion in central London.

10:21 a.m. Scotland Yard says there have been multiple explosions in London.

10:23 a.m. Transport police confirm explosion on a bus at Tavistock Place.

10:25 a.m. BBC says British Prime Minister Tony Blair, in Scotland for G-8 summit, is unsure if explosions are terrorist attack.

10:25 a.m. Two buses reported damaged in explosion. Eyewitnesses say a double-decker bus was blown into the air.

10:25 a.m. Transport union reports three explosions on buses.

10:39 a.m. All hospitals in London put on major incident alert.

10:49 a.m. Police report serious casualties, but don't confirm any deaths.

10:51 a.m. Police say two trains stuck in tunnels at Edgware Road. Passenger says he saw bodies in the wreckage.

10:55 a.m. Reuters reports at least 90 casualties at Aldgate Station.

11:18 a.m. BBC speaks with London Metropolitan Police Commissioner Ian Blair. He says he knows of "about six explosions" on a bus and at Underground stations, calls the situation confusing and advises Londoners to stay put.

11:26 a.m. European Parliament President Josep Burrell blames terrorism for co-ordinated attacks and "confirmed deaths."

11:30 a.m. Signs on highways into London issue warning: "Avoid London. Area Closed. Turn on Radio."

12:05 p.m. Blair issues statement regarding "series of terrorist attacks in London." Blair says he will go to London and that the G-8 summit will continue in his absence.

12:39 p.m. Reuters reports that an unknown group calling itself the Secret Group of al-Qaeda's Jihad in Europe issues statement on website claiming responsibility for attack.

12:57 p.m. Home Secretary Charles Clarke confirms four explosions, three in subways, one on a bus.

1:00 p.m. G-8 leaders meeting in Scotland condemn attacks and say they will remain united in fight against terrorism.

1:30 p.m. Hospital officials report 190 people injured in explosions.

1:32 p.m. U.S. President George W. Bush, at G-8 summit, says he has told security officials back home to be extra vigilant.

1:42 p.m. London police official says traces of explosives found at two blast sites.

2:12 p.m. A U.S. law enforcement official says at least 40 people were killed.

3:27 p.m. London police confirm 33 fatalities from three explosions in the underground.

3:29 p.m. London Ambulance Service officials say 45 people are seriously injured.

total is up to 42 dead and over 700 wounded...that is insane. This War on Terrorism is like WW3.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
I heard about this in the morning, definately a tragedy. My thoughts go out to all the residents in London at this time.
this morning the news said over 50 dead and still over 700 injured... likely some of the criticals are not making it

Also saw last night that they discovered at least 2 bombs that did not go off.

My good friend is unable to get in touch with one of her 4 cousins... she rides the tube to work :( sucks
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Was reading CNN, they said there's an entire train or section of one train that they haven't even begun to recover people / bodies from, too.

These guys should rot for this.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Does anyone here think this is the start of WW3. i think the americans are somewhat reserved. Vs the brittish, i dont think they'll take it. Anyone catch tony blairs statment yesterday. it was as if he was saying How dare they... I feel bad for anyone of middle eastern decent in the UK now.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 8 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Was reading CNN, they said there's an entire train or section of one train that they haven't even begun to recover people / bodies from, too.

These guys should rot for this.
[right][snapback]120287[/snapback][/right]

uggh :unsure:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
500,000+ dead civilians in the middle east because of the war on terrorism .... is that not terrorism itself? I dont want to start a huge debate.... But I can easily see this both sides.

People forget, its "ok" for us to go blow them up for no reasons ... why isnt it "ok" for them to do the same?

The world is f.ucked up and the leaders are to blame.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
Actually, Dan, religion is to blame and politics gets strung along for the ride.

Islam allows convenient loopholes to consider blowing up women and children to attack "infidels" as "martyrs". And any religion that treats women as less than equals to men fails in my books... especially when they allow the mutilation of sexual organs. You can't get any further than procreation and the preservation of the human race than that.

Christianity allows for the spreading of "the word" and "gospel" by force. What was the Crusades? What about the introduction of Christianity to Africa and Asia? That wasn't done over a nice cup of tea.

When most of the ideological faiths of the world are built upon a foundation of violence, there can only ever be one outcome.

Oh, and I completely agree about the Middle East. I take it that includes Iraq and Afghanistan. Don't forget the eternal bitching match that is Israel / Palestine.

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I left religion out of my comment for a certain reason ...

These wars now have nothing to do with religion. Its being used as the skapegoat for a ton of other problems caused by greed over money and power.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I'm not saying they're attacking Islam - far from it. Politics is most definitely in play here.

BUT - what is easier to "democratize" in the American fashion - a Christian society, or an Islamic society? Food for thought I figure.

There's no doubting every developed country in the world (and most non-developed countries) would kill for Iraq's oil. What facilitates the "resistance" or "insurgents" is that they believe that their God will lend them the strength to go on and evict the Americans. Bush counters and prays for "God's guidance" in their efforts to "bring stability" to the Iraqi people. Add into the mix that Iraq is made up of three distinct religious factions (Sunni, Shiite, Kurd) that have been known to get violent on mixed political / religious reasonings of their own.

I completely respect your view, but in my own view it's foolhardy to believe that religion has nothing to do with it. Religion is what drives the common footsoldier on both sides, it's what gives him backbone because he/she believes that they are nothing without religion. Actually, their religion will probably get them killed in the process of fighting for said freedoms.

NOS2Go4Me,Jul 8 2005, 01:02 PM Wrote:There's no doubting every developed country in the world (and most non-developed countries) would kill for Iraq's oil.

But only the US and the UK had the balls to lie to there own people and go to war halfway around the world just to get at that oil.

Noam Chomsky Wrote:Shortly after the invasion of Iraq, Zbigniew Brzezinski, one of the more astute of the senior planners and analysts, pointed out in the journal National Interest that America's control over the Middle East "gives it indirect but politically critical leverage on the European and Asian economies that are also dependent on energy exports from the region." If the United States can maintain its control over Iraq, with the world's second largest known oil reserves, and right at the heart of the world's major energy supplies, that will enhance significantly its strategic power and influence over its major rivals in the tripolar world that has been taking shape for the past 30 years: US-dominated North America, Europe, and Northeast Asia, linked to South and Southeast Asia economies.

and if anybody else wants to read what Noam Chomsky has writen go here.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 8 2005, 06:02 PM Wrote:is that they believe that their God will lend them the strength to go on and evict the Americans.

You watch too much TV.

Quote:Religion is what drives the common footsoldier on both sides, it's what gives him backbone because he/she believes that they are nothing without religion.

American soldiers are there because of religion? Thats funny... unless you consider "America" itself a religion... then I could agree.

Quote:Actually, their religion will probably get them killed in the process of fighting for said freedoms.

No... the brittish peoples religions on those trains didnt get them killed... nor did the 500,000+ bystanders in the middle east. Your looking at religion again from what they broadcast on the news and TV. It's a very 1 sided view. Ask a mother about her child thats in the war... The last thing youd hear is that he is there because of God or Religion.

It's atleast 5:1 .. if not more.. nonreligious vs religious related deaths in this "war on terrorism". Don't forget that.

Yes religion has killed more people then anything else in the entire world but this time it's only being used as the skapegoat because just like it's easy to play the race card, it's just as easy to play the religious one.

EDIT

K_OS great quote there.
tdot-zx3,Jul 8 2005, 05: Wrote:I left religion out of my comment for a certain reason ...

These wars now have nothing to do with religion. Its being used as the skapegoat for a ton of other problems caused by greed over money and power.
[right][snapback]120364[/snapback][/right]

exactly, its all about the $$, Bush is a business man, not a president

the US killed how many innocent people, and now its "not cool" becuase they returned the favour, by taking out 50 people??

the end of the world is going to be humans killing off humans.
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
tdot-zx3,Jul 8 2005, 02: Wrote:American soldiers are there because of religion? Thats funny... unless you consider "America" itself a religion... then I could agree.

Actually, Americans are some of the most devout Christians in the world, and when your President peppers just about every State of the Union address with enough religious wording to make any priest perk up his ears, I'm of the mind to say that yes, America itself is quickly becoming the most vocal Christian sect or faction in the world today. They have the force, they have the will to use the force, and they don't care who they have to walk over to proclaim their "love of freedom". Democratizing a dictatorship is a great way to not only gain control of their assets (oil) but to save a few million souls in the process.

Quote:No... the brittish peoples religions on those trains didnt get them killed... nor did the 500,000+ bystanders in the middle east. Your looking at religion again from what they broadcast on the news and TV. It's a very 1 sided view. Ask a mother about her child thats in the war... The last thing youd hear is that he is there because of God or Religion.

Actually, the devout beliefs of those militant terrorists and their constant praising of their god in belief that he will guide their hand is what killed those innocent British people. Actually, to set it to rights, Tony Blair and George W. Bush killed those people. Bush killed those people when he started the march into Iraq with a speech filled with religious overtones. What else would good Islam-following people think when a Zionist overlord rolls 100,000+ troops, tanks, and artillery into their country? It's the Crusades all over again!

Quote:It's atleast 5:1 .. if not more.. nonreligious vs religious related deaths in this "war on terrorism". Don't forget that.

It's all religious. It's religious when they ask God to pray not only for the victims but for the souls of the terrorists. It's religious when the Al-Qaeda groups say "Allah" every fifth word when they're claiming responsibility for bombing this, or murdering that. It's religious when people in one country try to take (take back?) land that their biblical descendants claimed for them, and then the other side says their god or whatever says that they own the land... hence the whole Gaza Strip / West Bank scenario. To say that one side owns that tract of land any more than the other is to essentially acknowledge the religious beliefs of that particular party. By doing so, you risk offending the other side, their beliefs and indeed their religion. What a powderkeg, eh?

Quote:Yes religion has killed more people then anything else in the entire world but this time it's only being used as the skapegoat because just like it's easy to play the race car, it's just as easy to play the religious one.

Why is this time any different? Seriously. We have an advanced technological situation, which has already been distorted and twisted to allow a grave injustice to be perpetuated upon the Iraqi people (we saw WMDs, therefore we conquered). Nothing has changed.

And if nothing else, our entire discussion validates one thing: violence, politics, and religion are hopelessly and indefinitely intertwined. Deny one of the three, and the other two are still more than enough to consume not just one person, but an entire society.

Ppl are saying this is the start of WW3...sorry they are wrong this is WW3, if you think about it. Year 2000 Planes hit World Trade Center, thousands injured and killed. 2000-2002 US, UK bomb the crap out of Afganistan+Iraq, hundreds of thousands wounded and killed. 2003-2004 Iraq is taken over. 2004 train in Spain is bombed thousands injured and hundreds dead. 2005 UK hit 50+ dead and over 700 wounded...Those look like war stats too me. It may not be ur conventional war but its still a war that involves pretty much the whole world. This is just the major attacks not to mention the many deaths sustained on both sides in the middle east.

Welcome to WW3 ppl now u have a story to tell your kids.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/17/...ush.transcript/

Quote:The United States with other countries will work to advance liberty and peace in that region. Our goal will not be achieved overnight, but it can come over time. The power and appeal of human liberty is felt in every life and every land, and the greatest power of freedom is to overcome hatred and violence, and turn the creative gifts of men and women to the pursuits of peace. That is the future we choose... may God continue to bless America

That line alone, from the first speech Bush made as he announced the war on Iraq, would just dig at militant Muslims in Iraq and abroad. By claiming "God" is on his side during this conflict, he opened the door to years of hardship.

And because both sides feel their faith in their deity is absolute and unwavering, and that said deity fuels their drive and supports their cause, a true peaceful outcome of any war is almost certainly impossible.

The spreading of "liberty and peace" as Bush describes it comes at a price. It comes with the Americanization of all that it touches.