Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempo/topaz Discussion And Other Older Cars
crazikev,Jul 10 2005, 02:09 AM Wrote:
Kool_ZX3,Jul 10 2005, 01:02 AM Wrote:
crazikev,Jul 10 2005, 02:00 AM Wrote:or another one on that trip, we took these CB radios with us cause we took two cars down,  somebody out of nowhere in the middle of the night says, bogetty bogetty bogetty, lol,   then latter we said "breaker breaker little buddy, any smokies out there"  then some trucker replies "im afraid so"
[right][snapback]120762[/snapback][/right]

I love when yah get those crazy ass out of nowhere messages, i rememeber gettin some on our's like hey baby what's shaking and man i just stole someone's purse :lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]120765[/snapback][/right]
hahahha, somebody shoulda replied, hey that was my purse you bastard :ph34r:
[right][snapback]120767[/snapback][/right]

LOL well u showed that operation timed out message who the boss is :lol: Damn computers can suck my hairy nuts.

Imagine hearing someone have sex over cb radio :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
^^lol^^

yeah i think your right
2001 SE Sedan
gas mileage King of FocusCanada!

760.8km on 45L
i was getting high off the gas fumes when i had the gas leak and the windows were up :)
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Jul 10 2005, 02:15 AM Wrote:^^lol^^ 

yeah i think your right
[right][snapback]120769[/snapback][/right]

Back to earth now, one time i seen a guy launch at the drag strip with his trans am and blew the whole rear to peices :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
I yacked in the back seat of my brother in law's Topaz. Too much Big Rock.....
once a tempo passed me while i was driving my focus, i was like wow did that just happen? they were flooring it for sure
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
Kool_ZX3,Jul 10 2005, 01:18 AM Wrote:
crazikev,Jul 10 2005, 02:15 AM Wrote:^^lol^^ 

yeah i think your right
[right][snapback]120769[/snapback][/right]

Back to earth now, one time i seen a guy launch at the drag strip with his trans am and blew the whole rear to peices :lol:
[right][snapback]120773[/snapback][/right]
musta been quite the site, howd he do that?
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
crazikev,Jul 10 2005, 02:22 AM Wrote:once a tempo passed me while i was driving my focus, i was like wow did that just happen?  they were flooring it for sure
[right][snapback]120775[/snapback][/right]

All in your head man :lol:

The trans am he was all modded up supercharger,nitrous etc.. and was doing hard launches on drag radials all day and the rear end said screw this and boom

Then i seen him here at a car show and the thing just got back from scarbrough being tuned on the dyno and s**t. runs mid to low 11's in the 1/4. He got a 12 bolt motion rear end installed after he blew his, body got money up the wazoo. He also has a chipped and modded dodge turbo diesel dually 4wd with a trailer to haul the trans am around when he doesn't want to drive it and it's there to pull his 27 foot speed boat :lol: Crazy people and thier money
My Mom Says I'm Special
i let the tempo pass, i was just doing 80km/h, if i was speeding i woulda been 10 minutes early for work, can't have that
2001 SE Sedan

760.8km on 45L
Closest Topaz story would be that of my co-worker, she had picked up a '93 Topaz V6 from new, pretty uneventful car until the last year she owned it. Then everything started breaking/falling off:

Door locks - twice
Power windows - both sides
A/C
oil leak

I think it was the oil leak that finally drove her off, she went and bought a Jeep Liberty after that (but ended up trading that in less than three months later on a Honda Accord V6 coupe)

NefCanuck
A friend and I had to rescue my brother and his '87 Tempo back in '99, my brother was on his way to visit his GF in Detroit when he decides to pull off and have a bite to eat at a higway stop with a MCD's just after London he comes out and he can't start the car calls me and I give him a few ideas but to no avail. So after 2 hours or so my friend and I arrive in his old beat up Jetta and we decide to go in for dinner as well lo and behold when we come out the friggin Jetta won't start either, after 30 minutes of trying to get the Tempo or Jetta working we finally figured out that the celonoid on the Jetta was on it's way out and we just hit it with the handle of a screwdriver to get it started and made it back to TO in the early hours of the morning. :lol:

The Tempo was rescued a week later after going back and getting a new starter installed.

Price of a new starter = $75.00
Money spent at McDonalds = 20.00
Memories from that night = Priceless

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
haha,

Once with my acclaim. on the way to school (highschool) 5km away. it stalled 18 times.

05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Jul 11 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:haha,

Once with my acclaim. on the way to school (highschool) 5km away. it stalled 18 times.
[right][snapback]121198[/snapback][/right]

Three boosts to start my K-car one morning trying to get to work... it'd run for a minute. I'd throw it into drive, it'd die, rinse, lather, repeat <_<

NefCanuck
Most fun ever in a 4x4:

Driving my 1987 Ford Bronco II with a 2" suspension lift and 31" off-road tires down a hydro right-of-way one day. What a run. Went back the next day after a rainstorm and found a sinkhole that previously didn't exist :lol:

Took a damn tractor to tug me out because two full-size half-ton 4x4 pickups couldn't :D I buried the bugger up to the framerails... and I was scraping / rinsing off mud for DAYS. What a mess.

Lesson learned: don't go off-roading in seriously wet/muddy terrrain in a truck that doesn't have a locking diff. to its name :rolleyes:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The best Tempo story i have is when my brother (who is the master of the "temple of tempo") got a free one from a friend. So we had like a 15-20km trip to get it home. No plates no nothing, stickshift, clutch non existent. So my dad drove it (he is a licensed mechanic). We are taking all the back roads he's just ramming it into gears black smoke every where. We come to a spot where its take a ROUGH farm road, or a busy main road. Yep half a thought later theres my dad FLYING down the farm road one arm out the window at 80km/hr, launching it in air bobbing up and down. I took the busy road being the support vehicle (Aerostar). Of course half way down the road it dies, stalling out in a huge puddle. So i proceed to go down the road from the other way in the van i get five feet from the car and he tells me go this way and i'm like not gonna make it so i try to go back to my original path and bury the van, three hours later we managed to walk to my buddies house and get my neighbor to come tow us both out
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
You have to look past my mustang, but CHECK IT OUT

[Image: 1881586_17_full.jpg]
[Image: 1881586_16_full.jpg]

That was my brothers old tempo, it had a GLS bumper, an 82 mustang GT hood scoop and he lowered it by heating up the coils (while in car) and we jumped on the bumper. It tucked the tire a bit!! :lol:

scoobasteve,Jul 11 2005, 06:01 PM Wrote:haha,

[right][snapback]121198[/snapback][/right]

Was it raining out scooba :lol:
My Mom Says I'm Special
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 12 2005, 07:53 AM Wrote:Most fun ever in a 4x4:

[right][snapback]121339[/snapback][/right]

Well actually, it was my old 1991 4 cyl mustang 5spd. I took it flying down a mud tractor like farm road. It was pasted with mud and clumps of dirt. For a red car with white strips all you could see were the windshield wiper clearings and shades of brown. There were clumps on the roof bigger than 1" in diameter!!! It took me like two months to get the mud out from underneath. That was an awesome car, best car i ever had. I drove like a maniac in that thing. crazikev has witnessed some of it

^^^^
Other fun things done in the ole stanger

Drifting in the snow at 140, driving through 1' deep water ponds, burying it up near Sprucedale at a buddies cottage to the rockers (you could see where the driveshaft was turning in the mud) and getting out without help. Smoking out (one wheel peel) a city bus and making it disapear on Lundy's Lane in the falls. 1km long one wheel peels. Oh and 53,000km in 4 1/2 months when i got it, i had two cars at the time!!

A Tempo was my first car, red 86 four door. Until my brother crashed it. Then we got an black 87 two door, used. It had fuel injection! :D

My brother didn't latch the hood one time, and it flew up and broke. So I pulled the hood off the red car. But that looked ghetto, so I decided to make it look intentional. Got out some white paint, and voila!

[Image: PatrioticTempo.jpg]

And that wasn't just for Canada Day either... I did it in April.

The car was destroyed in a mini riot on July 1st, in Ottawa. I had The Hip playing loud outside the bars in "The Market", and people got a little carried away. You can see the hood, roof and trunk are crumpled in from people DANCING ON it.

[Image: PatrioticTempoRear.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What I Like About Older Cars.. Flofocus 9 2,445 01-18-2007, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  For All Former Tempo/topaz Owners.. Kool_ZX3 18 4,707 10-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Kool_ZX3