Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Needed
Hey Guys woke up this moring to find my stereo stolen , Dam was I mad needless to say . I called my Insurance company and asked them what is needed to make a claim they told me to fill out a police report which I did and then to call them back . Well this is were the run around starts I was honest with them from the get go and told them that I just moved in to my new house and that I was unable to find the proof of purchase and that the store that I bought the unit from had closed down ( ART OF NOISE IN BRAMPTON) , Well at this point I was lying in there eys and they were doing anything possible to piss me off which they did , at this point I told them that I was going to cancel my car insurance with them as well as my home insurance and so on . So when thing calmed down they called me back and asked me if I could provide bank statements for the amount of the purchase since I paid cash for it . I told them this would not be a problem put it would not prove a thing since I have transactions like that all the time and mean nothing . So to make a long story short if anyone has a recite lying around for a pioneer avic N1 system let me know so I can shove it up the claims departments ass , i have not made a claim in over 13 years have perfect driving record no tickets or claims of any sort and this is how I get treated :angry: So if anyone can help me out that would be great if not I guess I am dishing out the money once again.
Sorry to hear that man. I'm terrible with documents and receipts. I would have a tough time presenting a receipt for a purchase made yesterday let alone anything before that.
some car audio places will do it, but they will make you pay whatever the GST was on the purcahse amount.

check any audio shop, not a big store though
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
you might also add that you would purchase the replacement system from their store as incentive for the fakie receipt.
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
Well I doubt your gonna get a recipt for the deck you lost. But if you go back to the store where you got it and they use computer's for warrenties then your proof of purchase should be on file there. They can print that off, The insurance should take that.
2000 ZX3
Mason,Jul 12 2005, 12:54 PM Wrote:Well I doubt your gonna get a recipt for the deck you lost. But if you go back to the store where you got it and they use computer's for warrenties then your proof of purchase should be on file there. They can print that off, The insurance should take that.
[right][snapback]121389[/snapback][/right]

they dont always keep them on file, I remember I bought some audio accessories from this small shop in Mississauga, he wrote the receipt on a carbon invoice. He didnt even take my name or anything.
My other ride is your Mom
Ats true but if they keep the information in a computer like bestbuy or futureshop do then they usually keep at least a 1 - 2 year record. Dont hurt to call and find out does it? :huh:
2000 ZX3
the place is closed
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
go to a small shop, say to the guy you will buy the deck from him.... and say you gotta give me another reciept for my stolen deck dated last year....

if they refuse just turn around and try another shop, I guarantee you'll get a sucker...
Heck, I'll just make a fake Receipt with some blank invoice documents, I'll just put the contact info of the shop that went under on the invoice, they cant really look them up to verify since they are closed, so they have to go with what the receipt says.
My other ride is your Mom