Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Air Inakes
Just wondering really what is better i am looking at AEM intakes and i no that i don't want a long one because calgary winters would kill it?
which one is the best short ram?
Best advice I can give.

Any one to tell you the ebay ones are junk are retards. There prolly the best ones out. Dont fall into the over rated brand name ones.

A pipe is a pipe, and the filters are all made the same.

How ever for winter I reccomend switching back to stock. Calgary winters get pretty dam cold.
I personally liked the ice man the best, I had AEM CAI (LONG), Ractive Short and the Ice Man.

The ractive sounded real cool, but rusted in the winter, i'd say just do a K&N drop in or just put a cone on your MAF.
i got my AEM CAI (long) for 50 bucks cause the end of the pipe was crushed....all it needed was an exhaust pipe expander :P

i love it, but i wouldnt have paid the $300 for it brand new, for the design, jsut get the iceman and put ur stock airbox back in for the winter.

btw long CAI sound sweet at WOT!!!
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
I agree. Ice man is what I should of gotten. If you can find a Volant used for cheap go with that one.
Just find one that you like and is reasonavly priced! Don't even worry about winter, I run my intake all year long with no problems! ;)
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
thankts guys.. but is that a e-town beat down local i see haha...
i never new
haha
if your still looking, as jay said, the e-bay pipes are the best, i agree with him that their not s**t, and definately better than what you pay for, i have one, love it, and will never part with it for a high flow intake from AEM, maybe CAI, but that's later in life