Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Header Collector Gasket
OK... I have JBA Shortie with FC High-Flow Cat... My gasket blew apart last week, Ford Dealership is telling me the OEM gasket will NOT fit...

My question... JBA Shortie is made to mate with OEM Cat...
FC Cat is made to mate with OEM Header...

Why wouldn't an OEM Gasket work??
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Stap Boy,May 14 2004, 05:33 PM Wrote:OK... I have JBA Shortie with FC High-Flow Cat... My gasket blew apart last week, Ford Dealership is telling me the OEM gasket will NOT fit...

My question... JBA Shortie is made to mate with OEM Cat...
FC Cat is made to mate with OEM Header...

Why wouldn't an OEM Gasket work??
I have a feeling it is a case of your Ford dealer exhibiting the vastness of his knowledge. I can't see any reason why it wouldn't fit, your logic is sound.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
It should fit. I dont see why not. Ford are retards. :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I has to fit man... Ford :rolleyes:

I'd just buy it anyway and dry fit, I bet it fits perfect.

If it's too small, just get a gasket expander from your local dealership - they have them in stock :blink:
2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA
yeah thats pretty much what I figured... Service Advisor kept telling me over the phone "The Ford Gasket will not fit your Aftermarket system" ... I kept repeating to him that yes, the Ford Gasket WILL fit my Aftermarket system...

<sigh> I was at Canadian Tire the other day... behind the counter, "Header Collector Gasket" in a lil blister Pack... did I buy 'em? Nooo... I'm too lazy to do it myself... but apparently the tech in question is too lazy to do it himself too...

Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
itll fit.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
tdot-zx3,May 14 2004, 05:16 PM Wrote:itll fit.
What do you know...it will fit though :P
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Yeah uhm...

If I remember correctly, there wasn't a Gasket from the Factory...

We managed to fit one in there... hehe It stopped the leak for now... I'll prolly just hafta re-adjust the basta'd every once in a while :)

The Gasket Ford sent over was this weird lookin' thing...

The Stud holes weren't symmetrical, one was offset like 2" to the side...
Ya I'm having the same damn problem!!!! can't seem to find a collector gasket!!

i took my stock header in to show them how it doesn't fit and they had no clue!

So they think they found the right part # using my VIN some how????

the part will be in early tomorrow morning :D

So far i've blown out two gaskets that came with my header and have gone to two different dealers and got the same stupid looking wrong gasket!

the parts guy thinks its been packaged wrong! he called three other dealers while i was there and they all have the same cockeyed gasket!!

if the gasket i get is right i'll post a part # in the morning!
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
k the part # they gave me is YS4Z-9450-CA

but i don't think it will on your FC cat, because its a circle gasket that gets pressed into the cat and header
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Header Gasket. SmokeBCBuDZ 30 6,908 01-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Last Post: SmokeBCBuDZ