Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody Know How To Do This?
I know its just for show since you still require your key to be in the "on" postiion....but I Love it...different, not ricey....

<a href='http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1625/svtstart.jpg'>[Image: svtstart.jpg]</a>
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Simple... alls you need is a Push-Button

and a wiring diagram of the ignition system, rewire the &quot;Start&quot; wire from the ignition to the to the Button

To make it real, just rewire the whole damned thing with a start and stop button to get rid of the key altogether! (though this requires a WEE bit more wiring since you need to disable the Security function that the key provides... and in the end they just need to break into your car and push the &quot;Go&quot; button...)
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
is it possible to rewire the car so the engine start switch works... as well as the start postition on the key ?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I wired mine up so you can only use the push button to start the car.

At first I kept forgetting to use it! lol

So I disconnected the key starter.

It's not too hard, mine came with instructions, and I got the wire colours off FJ.
01-yellow-ZX3,Jul 6 2004, 01:14 PM Wrote:I wired mine up so you can only use the push button to start the car.

At first I kept forgetting to use it! lol

So I disconnected the key starter.

It's not too hard, mine came with instructions, and I got the wire colours off FJ.
where did you buy the start button.....I think the S2000 from Honda directly will be some major $$$
I can't imagine the button being anything spectacular...

a button is a button is a button is a button

Hold it down until you hear the Vrooom... then let go, just make sure it can handle whatever amperage and voltage it needs to
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Stap Boy,Jul 6 2004, 01:41 PM Wrote:I can't imagine the button being anything spectacular...

a button is a button is a button is a button

Hold it down until you hear the Vrooom... then let go, just make sure it can handle whatever amperage and voltage it needs to
Somebody was mentioning 30 USD for it... :o

Im guessing I can use any button since a button is a btuuon is a button...right? :D :P
I got mine off ebay for pretty cheap back in the day. Mines the Ignited brand (really nice quality).

I'm sure you could just rig up a normal button, but it kinda defeats the purpose of the button - looking cool. Mine came with different lenses, and you can swap the bulb out for a buncha color combinations.

Local shops here sell them for around $85 :o

Some Crappy Tire's sell them too.
I don't know where you live, but there is a place on the west side of Kipling North of North Queen (about 3/4 0f a kilck north of the Queensway) called A-1 Electronics. The place is a total mess inside but the misfits that work there know where everything is. I doubt that they carry the Ignited brand but they probally have something that works.

On a side note: If your looking to get any type of LED's they will have them. I paid I think $.05 for the red LED's for my headlight switch and powerlock switches(tell me that aint a cheap mod)

Hope this helps

Rob
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
yo flo ill make you one for cost man for the incoinvience a while back. PM me if your game. i can even use a nitrous purse button or ANY button u liek man. i can make the key still work too as well as the button. lemmeknow man.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.