Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys With F.i. Must Be Feeling It In The Ass.....
wow....hate to see some of you folks own a v8 :D

I get 94 octane and right now at the pump after discounts it fome out to be about 1.10ter. I only use chevron to as they have the best gas in canada hands down. Something to think about if you go to a lesser gas station to save a few pennies.
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
FociBC,Aug 9 2005, 11:37 PM Wrote:wow....hate to see some of you folks own a v8 :D

I get 94 octane and right now at the pump after discounts it fome out to be about 1.10ter.  I only use chevron to as they have the best gas in canada hands down.  Something to think about if you go to a lesser gas station to save a few pennies.
[right][snapback]130320[/snapback][/right]

Sad part is that for the most part the gas at the no-name stations is exactly the same as the big four (Petro-Canada, Esso, Shell, Sunoco) except the detergent additives, but its those additives you need to keep the fuel injectors from getting full of crap :P

And for the Focus owners in Ontario, you think it's bad now? Wait til we have to buy gas with ethanol in it (2007) more expensive gas *&* worse fuel economy...

NefCanuck
(Remind me why I voted for McSquinty again <_< )
Phantom,Aug 9 2005, 08:45 PM Wrote:all this means is shift at 3k :D or 2.5 if u really really granny around
[right][snapback]130222[/snapback][/right]

Or shift when that little annoying up arrow lights up a 2K. :lol:

Heck my supercharger doesn't start singing til at least 4K. What a waste!
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
NefCanuck,Aug 9 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:
FociBC,Aug 9 2005, 11:37 PM Wrote:wow....hate to see some of you folks own a v8 :D

I get 94 octane and right now at the pump after discounts it fome out to be about 1.10ter.  I only use chevron to as they have the best gas in canada hands down.  Something to think about if you go to a lesser gas station to save a few pennies.

Sad part is that for the most part the gas at the no-name stations is exactly the same as the big four (Petro-Canada, Esso, Shell, Sunoco) except the detergent additives, but its those additives you need to keep the fuel injectors from getting full of crap :P

And for the Focus owners in Ontario, you think it's bad now? Wait til we have to buy gas with ethanol in it (2007) more expensive gas *&* worse fuel economy...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]130330[/snapback][/right]

uh yes and no.....same gas sorta see its called dirty gas that the big companies sell off. Its not the creme of the crop you are right about the additives however
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
FociBC,Aug 9 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

uh yes and no.....same gas sorta see its called dirty gas that the big companies sell off. Its not the creme of the crop you are right about the additives however
[right][snapback]130336[/snapback][/right]

100%+

WE MUST TALK!

Some "vets" here will remember such unpopular threads by me as:

-" Nobody blends 87 on purpose"

-"Can't meet spec for your delivery? OK, it's reg then"

-"Octane is not the only way of measuring quality" (true)
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
haha, awesome.

Hi, I'm troy mclure... you may remember me from such films as....
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
2001 ZTS,Aug 9 2005, 11:01 PM Wrote:
FociBC,Aug 9 2005, 10:43 PM Wrote:

NefCanuck

[right][snapback]130336[/snapback][/right]

100%+

WE MUST TALK!

Some "vets" here will remember such unpopular threads by me as:

-" Nobody blends 87 on purpose"

-"Can't meet spec for your delivery? OK, it's reg then"

-"Octane is not the only way of measuring quality" (true)
[right][snapback]130374[/snapback][/right]

For the last time:

OCTANE IS JUST ONE TWNETY PLUS MEASURES OF FUEL QUALITY but the only one displayed by the retailer (gas pump).. Half of every problems you have our could/will/ever have with the Focus is fuel related.

Buy 89 minimum or else you buy a mistake.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
maybe your house.. but most peoples salaries aren't 200% what they were 6 years ago.. and houses are too old around where i work
ZX3T gone..
2001 ZTS,Aug 10 2005, 12:22 AM Wrote:For the last time:

OCTANE IS JUST ONE TWNETY PLUS MEASURES OF FUEL QUALITY but the only one displayed by the retailer (gas pump).. Half of every problems you have our could/will/ever have with the Focus is fuel related.

Buy 89 minimum or else you buy a mistake.
[right][snapback]130422[/snapback][/right]
can you back this up?

No offense but, I'm not going to go buy more expensive gas just cuz some guy on a forum told me to.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
Aka,Aug 10 2005, 08:43 AM Wrote:can you back this up?

No offense but, I'm not going to go buy more expensive gas just cuz some guy on a forum told me to.
[right][snapback]130543[/snapback][/right]

Yeah man..

That was a very uncrunk statement hommie
It's true.

Low grade fuel is fucck ups from the refinery.
ANTHONYD,Aug 10 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:It's true.

[right][snapback]130553[/snapback][/right]

If that's the case, why do I average 40MPG after mods and driving at 120+ KM/H all the way home? That's hardly sub-standard gas in my books.

I'm not being a smartass, I'm stating facts because I'm genuinely curious.

And I've never been so glad to fill at 94.0c/L last night... this morning it was 102.5 :blink:

F'ing crooks.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 10 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Aug 10 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:It's true.

[right][snapback]130553[/snapback][/right]

If that's the case, why do I average 40MPG after mods and driving at 120+ KM/H all the way home? That's hardly sub-standard gas in my books.

I'm not being a smartass, I'm stating facts because I'm genuinely curious.

[right][snapback]130564[/snapback][/right]

Got tailwind?

Trust me, it's sub standard gas.

I'll get my friend who works at the refinery post.
Aka,Aug 10 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:No offense but, I'm not going to go buy more expensive gas just cuz some guy on a forum told me to.
I'm not just some guy on a forum.

No I won't be able to post a link to some site where a big oil company admits their "dirty little secret".

Just remember:

-octane is only one measure of fuel quality.
-What you buy as 87 more than likely is actually much higher in octane than 87, remember how pumps say 87 minimum?
-Making high octane is VERY hard to do, the sepcifications are so high.
-High octane is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. It is not the octane that makes it clean it is all the work and effort to refine something of such high quality.
-If while creating a batch of 91+ there is something not to specification a refinery will not "throw it away" they will sell it as something else and often take the opportunity to "cut" it with something crappy.
-Your fuel may have 87 octane but could be a cocktail of off spec Sunoco Gold 94 and Marine Diesel Oil that averages out to 87.
-Such "blends" may average out to 87 "minimum" but you are getting solids, wax, sludge, acids and basically a lot of crud.
-You guys know that bateria, fungus and algae live in diesel right?

Best regards,

Andrew
Superintendent of Special Projects
****** Fuels Inc.

AnthonyD's buddy at the refinery will tell you the exact same thing.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 10 2005, 11:05 AM Wrote:
Aka,Aug 10 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:No offense but, I'm not going to go buy more expensive gas just cuz some guy on a forum told me to.

-You guys know that bateria, fungus and algae live in diesel right?

Best regards,

Andrew
Superintendent of Special Projects
****** Fuels Inc.

AnthonyD's buddy at the refinery will tell you the exact same thing.
[right][snapback]130655[/snapback][/right]

^^^That I didn't know.

No I will be sure not to EVER stop for fuel at one of thse stations in the middle of nowhere that hasn't seen a car in weeks.
:blink:
and thats why i love this place.

no matter how much offtopic whoring and inside jokes... theres always something to learn.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold