Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual Guauge Pod I Made
Not done yet...still some sdanding to do on it. Havent hooked the gauges yet either. I need more free time....and I may be going on strike duty soon :rolleyes:

Anyways, tell me what you think....

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/Picture_094.jpg'>[Image: Picture_094.jpg]

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/Picture_092.jpg'>[Image: Picture_092.jpg]</a>

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Looks good man, but they kinda point away from the driver's view, don't you find?
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Its alot worse in the pics....you dont notice it while driving. I've got a clear view of it. :)
They look really good man, maybe a how to for the rest of us?
2000 ZX3 - H&R Sport Springs, Fast Wheels, Kumho Tires, MOMO Shift Knob and Boot, Shortened Shifter, K&N Cone Filter
do u have to prep the plastic to bond the resin to it ? i have a extra pillar i wanan mold 2 gauges in
2003 Zx3 French Blue
that looks real good.
'03 Focus SVT
Pretty nice job I would say. I personally would have put the guages on the pillar but that's just me, I always liked that kind of look. Seems like alot of foci modders are putting guages in the same place you did. Nice job, alot better than I could do....
Im going to start fiberglassing some home made gauge pods for the pillars..
ZX3 in progress,Jun 29 2004, 07:14 PM Wrote:They look really good man, maybe a how to for the rest of us?
I'll see what I can do for a how to....I should have taken pics while I was doing it but I was to lazy to pick up batteries for my camera...haha

Basically this was all done with one of those fiberglass kits that you buy at CT for under $20. Im going to have to buy some bondo or something to fill in some holes in it, sand and repaint, but other than that it tunred out pretty good.

What I did was I dremmeled out the coin tray, Extended the coin tray so it would come out instead of going in...made a &quot;mold&quot; out of construction paper of what the pod would look like, then used the resin and fiberglass material to shape the pod. Then LOTS of snading...lol....lots....this is my second peice I make for the focus, and I feel like Im getting a lot more handy with the fiberglass as I work on more stuff. I would love to make a custom sub inclosure, but before I move onto ICE, I should get my GO taken care of first... :lol:
nice job mate......kinda looks something someone else on this board has.... :rolleyes:
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
dad,Jul 6 2004, 10:00 PM Wrote:nice job mate......kinda looks something someone else on this board has.... :rolleyes:
whos dat? :lol:

I had my car first, f uckin copy cat :P
Truthfully I really like this location....I use it for volt and oil pressure, so they are available to view periodically as needed without sticking in your face....I do think if I needed a boost gauge or air fuel....critical stuff ( or more immediate anyway) that I would mount them on the pillar......

I have got a ton of thumbs up for mine....hope the same for yourself....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
looks good but i think it would be more effective if you had the gauges facing you.. but that's just me..

on the other hand.. i see boost gauge.. im interested. enlighten me :D
[Image: sunaliersig.jpg]
1997 Sunalier with "stuff" done to it
Honestly.....sit in the car and the angle isnt as bad as the pic shows it to be. BerinG saw it and didnt even mention the angle...