Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front Grills?
Hey guys do they make any aftermarket grills, to replace my stock one?
I'm not big on chrome at all.

[Image: mycar020.jpg]
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
a few people have body matched the chrome.

sand it off, and then have it painted to match the silver. I think it looks good when done nicely.
Run your car, not your mouth
I dont think there are any aftermarket grills out yet, you'll have to give it more time. There was never much of an aftermarket for 00-04 grills since the signal lights were a pain in the ass, but the 05+ grill eliminates that problem.

You can paint it bodycolor, get the ST grill (which I believe is already bodycolor or maybe primed), or painting the frame black or flat black would look pretty cool.
Yeah i was thinking of painting it, body color, now for an opinion...should i just do the chrome or should i do the whole grill....????

i'm thinking it would look pretty cool all one color
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Slimsride,Aug 21 2005, 02:56 AM Wrote:i'm thinking it would look pretty cool all one color
[right][snapback]134465[/snapback][/right]

Agreed man. I think it would look great all the same colour.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Personally I really dont like the look of a silver grill on a silver car. The grill is supposed to be a break in the body.. looks better as a contrast that compliments the car.
Personally, if it was my car I would go the black route too like guilty suggested, I'm not a fan of crome, or crome on silver, more so because crome has no point when you put it on a silver car.

Body colour would work too where the crome was, but if you did the whole grille in body colour you'd have to do the black around the fogs to match it nicely.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
hey....

talk to crazyrich...

hey was doing some swapping with his grille maybe he can swap something with you....

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=13150
hey slim.. I just painted mine black to match the car, i think it looks 10x's better I will take some pics when i have a chance and put them up here or else you can come to a meet tommorow and check it out. let me know if you want to come to the meet.

Joe
FEMALES: CAN'T LIVE WITH THEM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
05zx5,Sep 11 2005, 05:40 PM Wrote:hey slim.. I just painted mine black to match the car, i think it looks 10x's better I will take some pics when i have a chance and put them up here or else you can come to a meet tommorow and check it out. let me know if you want to come to the meet.

Joe
[right][snapback]141033[/snapback][/right]

Yeah i wanna see that....
Mods so far:
microbunny,Sep 10 2005, 06:59 PM Wrote:hey....

talk to crazyrich...

hey was doing some swapping with his grille maybe he can swap something with you....

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=13150
[right][snapback]140902[/snapback][/right]

How the hell do you separate the center piece from the outer part....i'm afraid to bust the s**t outta all the clips...
HELP MEEEEEE

I actually like the chrome and silver one....
Mods so far: