Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yay! It Came
Finally. My Garrett T3 has shown up.

Jessus it is small compared to my old one from the centrifugal supercharger.

.42/.48 I think it should do the trick.

[Image: turbo.jpg]
I bet you were doing a happy dance when you got it. Your like a kid in a candy store when you get new parts for your car. :)
Can't wait to see it installed. You are trying to get it done and bring it S'toon for the dyno at Performance Plus on the free day or sooner.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
I dont plan on starting the project till this winter while the car is parked. I do plan on making it out to Pefromance Plus and do a base run on the dyno.
Now I gotta find a T3 4 bolt flange.
That is a small turbo ... oh well .. you can still do 250whp with it just fine so who cares.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
That really is a small turbo, I dunno why you would buy something like that when you are doing a nice setup, you should have gotten a properly sized turbo IMHO.

Sure it might get you to the power you want, but not efficiently.
What kind of turbo would you guys reccomend...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I think this will spool up nice and quick. I got it for a good price to.

They said it can do up to 25psi and Im only after 10 at max. I wont know how it is till its on. LOL Hitting boost at like 2500RPM.. Who knows.

My 2nd option was the .60/.48 So if I dont like this turbo I shall sell it and upgrade
Ya using it like that would be ok Jay ...

If I was doing a setup on the focus I would use a minimum t3/to4e ... but thats just me. Granted, theres so many cooler 'non dinosaur' turbos out there too which would be even better to use if the $$ was there.
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
You guys are rediculous for saying that's too small.

What is the goal? That thing will do 200fwhp easy, and be much more responsive than a T3/T4. Any more, and he'll need to build the block, etc. etc...

Why does everybody think you need 300fwhp in a FWD car?
P-51,Aug 23 2005, 05: Wrote:You guys are rediculous for saying that's too small.

What is the goal?  That thing will do 200fwhp easy, and be much more responsive than a T3/T4.  Any more, and he'll need to build the block, etc. etc...

[right][snapback]134997[/snapback][/right]

cus a stage 2 neon srt4 beat me at the track. fawkin guy :rolleyes: :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
P-51,Aug 23 2005, 02: Wrote:You guys are rediculous for saying that's too small.

What is the goal?  That thing will do 200fwhp easy, and be much more responsive than a T3/T4.  Any more, and he'll need to build the block, etc. etc...

very true indeed but, its a battle of cock size when folks get to HP crazy :rolleyes:
2002 Sonic Blue SVTF
0-¼ mile : 15.9 sec @ 90.2 mph
BASELINE @ WHP 157, TQ 144ftlbs
[Image: nightpics(custom2).jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 02:34 AM Wrote:
P-51,Aug 23 2005, 05: Wrote:You guys are rediculous for saying that's too small.

cus a stage 2 neon srt4 beat me at the track. fawkin guy :rolleyes: :lol:
[right][snapback]135090[/snapback][/right]

<sigh>

Drag racing FWD cars... why? Why? :rolleyes:

;)
FociBC,Aug 23 2005, 10:45 PM Wrote:
P-51,Aug 23 2005, 02: Wrote:You guys are rediculous for saying that's too small.

very true indeed but, its a battle of cock size when folks get to HP crazy :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]135095[/snapback][/right]

or....or...faster 1/4 mile times .....you know the whole 'competition/sport' thing

A 200hp car is fun to drive, I could just imagine my car with an extra 100 ponies pulling her :o ....
I am after the 200-220whp mark and as close to 200 tourqe as I can get.

Any more would be way to much for what Im doing with the focus.
FociBC,Aug 24 2005, 02:45 AM Wrote:[quote=P-51,Aug 23 2005, 02:17 PM]Why does everybody think you need 300fwhp in a FWD car?

I think I spend too much time with hondas... hence my viewpoint.

You gotta admit though, these fwd hondas that run 9's are pretty incredible in their own rights.... look where the fwd scene was like .. even .. 5-6 years ago. Its come great strides, so fast.

All depends on application.... me and jays2000zx3 obviously arent thinking the same as you.... :P
tdot-zx3,Aug 24 2005, 06:21 AM Wrote:
FociBC,Aug 24 2005, 02:45 AM Wrote:[quote=P-51,Aug 23 2005, 02:17 PM]Why does everybody think you need 300fwhp in a FWD car?

I think I spend too much time with hondas... hence my viewpoint.

You gotta admit though, these fwd hondas that run 9's are pretty incredible in their own rights.... look where the fwd scene was like .. even .. 5-6 years ago. Its come great strides, so fast.

All depends on application.... me and jays2000zx3 obviously arent thinking the same as you.... :P
[right][snapback]135141[/snapback][/right]

I've never been into drag racing... but if I were, just seems like starting with a FWD car is odd. It's like... making a truck into a road racer. I guess there is always the uniqueness factor, but nothing really seems unique anymore. I've seen everything.
You are definetly not Unique if you have a FWD drag car. :o TONNES of drag cars are FWD. There are MANY honda's in the states with over 500whp, a lot less in Canada but they have whole series of drag in the US for this class of car.

If you want to build a drag car, and you go with a RWD like a Mustang or whatever, then you compete against others with the same cars.

When you build a FWD car you are more competing against FWD cars. And really, FWD cars can be made SICK FAST.

And Rob, let's be honest here, there are MANY..MANY people who would wonder why in the world you would choose a FWD car as a track whore I mean..RWD is much better.
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 24 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:And Rob, let's be honest here, there are MANY..MANY people who would wonder why in the world you would choose a FWD car as a track whore I mean..RWD is much better.
[right][snapback]135164[/snapback][/right]

Let's be even more honest here.

There's even MORE people that wonder why the hell we do these things to a Ford Focus
:rolleyes: :lol:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 24 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:And Rob, let's be honest here, there are MANY..MANY people who would wonder why in the world you would choose a FWD car as a track whore I mean..RWD is much better.
[right][snapback]135164[/snapback][/right]

Let's be even more honest here.

There's even MORE people that wonder why the hell we do these things to a Ford Focus
:rolleyes: :lol:
[right][snapback]135166[/snapback][/right]

Jay, you're right, many people wonder why... because they're stupid. FWD is in fact no real disadvantage on a racetrack. Just look at my results. When we're talking street legal cars, ~10lb/hp, and amateur drivers, there is no clear distinction between FWD/AWD/RWD. All can be made to perform just as well within the confines set by amateur driver skill, low power/weight, and road car suspensions.

Again the proof is in the pudding.

Flo, same deal. People are stupid. They thing Foci are crappy economy cars. They fail to see that it is a brilliant chassis, and a very affordable starting point for a fast street/track car.

However, to me, FWD is a clear and distinct disadvantage in drag racing. All you are doing is accelerating, and you lose the weight transfer benefit of RWD.