Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering From Mbrp 2morro
hey guys, well i'm ordering the exhaust tommoro, i was just curious if i should know anything...who to talk to, just general stuff like that. Any info would be good, thanks guys!
Ask for Ed. Knower and seer of all!!! :bowdown:
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Yes ED is the man, the Guru of exhaustial pipage....."we are not worthy" :bowdown:
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Yeah. Buy Borla. :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 08:49 AM Wrote:Yeah.  Buy Borla.  :P
[right][snapback]135155[/snapback][/right]

*cough* crap *cough*

MBRP. T-306 Stainless Steel. MADE IN CANADA. :D

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 24 2005, 08:58 AM Wrote:

*cough* crap *cough*

MBRP. T-306 Stainless Steel. MADE IN CANADA. :D
[right][snapback]135157[/snapback][/right]

Blah, blah, blah...

What do you think Borla is made out of? :lol: ;)

2.5" to. Big + for the FI guys....

And a million mile warranty. B)
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:Blah, blah, blah...

What do you think Borla is made out of?  :lol:  ;)

2.5" to.  Big + for the FI guys....

And a million mile warranty.  B)
[right][snapback]135159[/snapback][/right]

MBRP makes 2.5" also.

BTW. My bad MBRP and Borla use T-304.

As for warranties, they're for saps. MBRP has a 5 year warranty and costs much less.

Therefore, all you're paying extra is for a Million Mile Warranty. WHOPPPIDY DOOO! :lol:

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 24 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:04 AM Wrote:Blah, blah, blah...

What do you think Borla is made out of?  :lol:  ;)

2.5" to.  Big + for the FI guys....

And a million mile warranty.  B)
[right][snapback]135159[/snapback][/right]

MBRP makes 2.5" also.

BTW. My bad MBRP and Borla use T-304.

As for warranties, they're for saps. MBRP has a 5 year warranty and costs much less.

Therefore, all you're paying extra is for a Million Mile Warranty. WHOPPPIDY DOOO! :lol:
[right][snapback]135162[/snapback][/right]

And a nicer sound, better fit overall, etc.

Theres a reason why Borla is more $$, and finishged higher than MBRP in FJ's exhaust shoot-out. http://www.focaljet.com/shootout_3.html

Come again? :lol:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:And a nicer sound, better fit overall, etc.

Theres a reason why Borla is more $$, and finishged higher than MBRP in FJ's exhaust shoot-out.

Come again?  :lol:
[right][snapback]135165[/snapback][/right]

A ricer sound if you ask me. As for the fit, I can't say anything about that because we had ours installed directly from MBRP.

MBRP is still the better bang for the buck. :lol:

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 24 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:And a nicer sound, better fit overall, etc.

Theres a reason why Borla is more $$, and finishged higher than MBRP in FJ's exhaust shoot-out.

A ricer sound if you ask me. As for the fit, I can't say anything about that because we had ours installed directly from MBRP.

[right][snapback]135167[/snapback][/right]

If you think so. :rolleyes: Your allowed that opinion. Click that link and see the dyno's. Borla got more HP and TRQ than teh MBRP, granted its like a .5 difference, but that could be a few extra ponies with more aggresive mods.

And I've heard the MBRP......much more honda sounding than my Borla. ;)

Your the 1st person to say the borla sounds ricey. :blink: :blink: If anything.....the comments I get on the car are either "Is that thing Turbo" or "Your car sounds bad ass".

I picked it up from Embrun Ford after my whole ordeal with the ignition locking..... "Your car just sounds downright mean" :D :D That came from a guy that drives a 300Hp+ Mustang

Mean.....Not ricey :rolleyes: :lol:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:40 AM Wrote:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 24 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]135167[/snapback][/right]

If you think so. :rolleyes: Your allowed that opinion. Click that link and see the dyno's. Borla got more HP and TRQ than teh MBRP, granted its like a .5 difference, but that could be a few extra ponies with more aggresive mods.

And I've heard the MBRP......much more honda sounding than my Borla. ;)

Mean.....Not ricey :rolleyes: :lol:
[right][snapback]135168[/snapback][/right]

Did you hear it on a ZX3 or an SPI? The sound clip on MBRP is from what I believe a ZX3. If you saw NOS at the BBQ, yeah his is the SPI with the MBRP. That nice deep tone doesn't sound like high pitched rice...

As for .5hp above MBRP, its immaterial. If you did pack that on to an agressively modded car, yeah it would give you a few more ponies perhaps, but maybe the MBRP would show good results as well.

hey flo! dont be hatin on the mbrp!

hahaha

I just wanted an exhaust... 2.5" exhaust for my svt. 330cdn shipped to my door. not bad if you ask me. Sure it is loud.... and raspy. but i dont mind.

the borla is a better sounding exhaust. but for an extra 300$ they can keep it.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
I'm not hating :P

I know people will go for the 'best bang for buck'....I mean we do drive focus's after all. :lol:
I got the mbrp, because i'm tired of getting raped at customs. Otherwise i probably would get the borla
05 Altima SE-R
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:I'm not hating  :P

I know people will go for the 'best bang for buck'....I mean we do drive focus's after all.  :lol:
[right][snapback]135185[/snapback][/right]

Wow I didn't think they were that much... for that, I can get a header to add to the noisy exhaust. :D

I should of listen to you...:lol: Listen to Flo Brian!
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Aug 24 2005, 11:04 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]135205[/snapback][/right]

Im no newb when it comes to the focus and I surely dont talk out of my ass when it comes to products being superior to others.

This is all from expereince

Use your brain Brian! You know that Ottawa is the BS capital of Canada. 99% of it comes from Parliament hill though. :lol:

Oscar The Grouch,Aug 24 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:

Use your brain Brian! You know that Ottawa is the BS capital of Canada. 99% of it comes from Parliament hill though. :lol:
[right][snapback]135211[/snapback][/right]

Thank god Im born and raised out West ;)

Alberta 4 life biatches!! :P
MBRP 4 LYFE....

I think they re-engineered the zetec systems. I've heard paolo's and the one we put on my buddies wagon sounds completley different. It sounds sexy. nice deep mellow tone.

My svt just sounds raspy and angry
05 Altima SE-R