Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/c By Ford Racing
I got a quote on a S/C byFord Racing that give like around 190hp and about 160tq.

Does someone has any feedback on that S/C??? I can't find nothing on it!
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Aug 24 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:I got a quote on a S/C byFord Racing that give like around 190hp and about 160tq.

Does someone has any feedback on that S/C???  I can't find nothing on it!
[right][snapback]135454[/snapback][/right]

They are reffering to the basic JRSC and they are quoting you crank HP numbers, not worth it at all!
I Vtec
lordkingod,Aug 24 2005, 08:51 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Aug 24 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:I got a quote on a S/C byFord Racing that give like around 190hp and about 160tq.

They are reffering to the basic JRSC and they are quoting you crank HP numbers, not worth it at all!
[right][snapback]135458[/snapback][/right]

I saw the number in front of me.
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Aug 24 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]135459[/snapback][/right]

What hes saying is they are quoting you 190hp at the crank, which would result in about 160 HP to the Wheels.

Like he said. Not worth it.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Aug 24 2005, 08:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]135459[/snapback][/right]

What hes saying is they are quoting you 190hp at the crank, which would result in about 160 HP to the Wheels.

Like he said. Not worth it.
[right][snapback]135460[/snapback][/right]

Ya, but can't you just change the pullies for more PSI and hp?
Turbo arrived!
Yes you can get the big boost kit and get those kind of numbers.

But for the same price, why dont you go with something that puts more power to the ground out of the box and will have more room to go for cheaper down the road?
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:Yes you can get the big boost kit and get those kind of numbers.

But for the same price, why dont you go with something that puts more power to the ground out of the box and will have more room to go for cheaper down the road?
[right][snapback]135466[/snapback][/right]

Like what?? I have it for 4000$ tax in. What else can I get for the same price?
Turbo arrived!
$4000 down on a new car. Not saying the focus isnt worth it, but whenever I look at buying a major power adder to my car I stop and think hmmmmm... thats $xxxxx I could use towards a faster car, with warranty.
I Vtec
lordkingod,Aug 24 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:$4000 down on a new car.  Not saying the focus isnt worth it,  but whenever I look at buying a major power adder to my car I stop and think  hmmmmm... thats  $xxxxx  I could use towards a faster car, with warranty.
[right][snapback]135483[/snapback][/right]

Its not a new car. ;)
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:43 PM Wrote:
lordkingod,Aug 24 2005, 09:41 PM Wrote:$4000 down on a new car.  Not saying the focus isnt worth it,  but whenever I look at buying a major power adder to my car I stop and think  hmmmmm... thats  $xxxxx  I could use towards a faster car, with warranty.

Its not a new car. ;)
[right][snapback]135486[/snapback][/right]

Oh I know, hes asking what else he would be better to spend his money on. Im suggesting something that will give him a considerable and reliable gain in HP..... A different car.

focusonthis: Honestly do a search on FocalJet and youll quickly see that the majority of the people who invest in base JRSC are often dissapointed. The power just isnt there for the money.
I Vtec
lordkingod,Aug 24 2005, 08:41 PM Wrote:$4000 down on a new car.  Not saying the focus isnt worth it,  but whenever I look at buying a major power adder to my car I stop and think  hmmmmm... thats  $xxxxx  I could use towards a faster car, with warranty.

I here you.

Out of the dealer lot performance is the way to go. As part of my pending separation I had to add up car expenses, the correct term is "forensic accounting" BTW.

I can "leaglly prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that a WRX costs less than a modded Focus in fact so is a STi and my Focus doesn't even have forced induction and is a fraction of the performer that the WRX is.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
2001 ZTS,Aug 24 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:
lordkingod,Aug 24 2005, 08:41 PM Wrote:$4000 down on a new car.  Not saying the focus isnt worth it,  but whenever I look at buying a major power adder to my car I stop and think  hmmmmm... thats  $xxxxx  I could use towards a faster car, with warranty.

I here you.

Out of the dealer lot performance is the way to go. As part of my pending separation I had to add up car expenses, the correct term is "forensic accounting" BTW.

I can "leaglly prove beyond a reasonable doubt" that a WRX costs less than a modded Focus in fact so is a STi and my Focus doesn't even have forced induction and is a fraction of the performer that the WRX is.
[right][snapback]135492[/snapback][/right]

I dont know about that. :blink:

Used ZX3, base model ~$8k

Focus power kit, installed, tuned, driving better than stock ~8K

Focus SVT suspension ~$400

Used WRX ~20-25k

I guess it would come pretty close....
focusonthis_88,Aug 25 2005, 01:17 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 24 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:Yes you can get the big boost kit and get those kind of numbers.

[right][snapback]135466[/snapback][/right]

Like what?? I have it for 4000$ tax in. What else can I get for the same price?
[right][snapback]135468[/snapback][/right]

Start looking into piecing together a turbo kit. Buy the part over winter. Not like you can use that extra power for most of winter anyways right? When spring rolls around, put it all in, tune it, and you will look back on this and realise you made a good choice.

If you insist on a SC, look for a used JRSC with all the big boost stuff added on (70mm MAF, 65mm TB, pulley, belt etc...) Generally even with big boost kits and mild mods, I've seen dynos around mid 180s to the wheels, and torque around 170 at the wheels. I was going to go that route myself through a guy on FJ but after looking more into things I see where the benefits of turbocharging lie.

Now for that same price, a turbo kit with an intercooler and good tuning will toss out over 200hp at the wheels and the torque can come closer to matching that figure. They are both about the same difficulty to install and reliability is the same really too. As long as you tune the car before you push it you will be fine. I was looking at an Aerocharger kit with a rebuilt turbo and new exhaust piping for about $2600 US. The Aerocharger kit has been discontinued but another company is using the design. Every now and then someone else puts thier kit in the classifieds when they move on to something else. The way I see it though, and from tests and owner feedback, the JRSC on it's own doesn't offer you a substantial upgrade from stock.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
The JRSC just isn't worth it, as everyone here has said. If you really want a blower, get the PowerWorks kit. I think it's a little more, but it gives way more hp, and way more headroom for more power too. I can also say that the kit is better engineered than Chrysler factory cars... ;)

Otherwise, a turbo setup will really give you more bang for your buck. The only problem is there really isn't one comprehensive kit that bolts on and is as reliable as the PW blower, for the same price. Tom's stuff is good, but expensive. Also, he tends to sell you a much bigger turbo than you need.

As for the rest of it...

Yeah, factory performance is cheaper when you consider say the price of a WRX vs. the price of a new Focus + mods. But most of us already have a Focus, so that cost is gone. And I still don't know of a car that is even remotely as much fun as a well modded Focus.

The Cobalt SS doesn't handle nearly as well. The Neon SRT-4 is just fricken ghey looking. The WRX is fast, but just not as much fun.
As someone who owns the JRSC, I am not taking offence to the comments that they are saying about the SC. $4000 for a JRSC, there are better alternatives. Mind you, I only paid $1800 installed when we bought the car, and we have built up the motor even further.
When we did the first dyno last year, without tuning, we got 155whp @ 5200rpm. About what you would get from the JRSC. But it is a very safe and reliable Kit. For everyday driving, it's alot of fun.
But you will want more eventually.

I do.

But it's not happening. Tune it and done.

For now.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Everytime I see threads like this it makes me crazy.

Why on earth would you dump 4000k (you will never see again) into a focus?

:blink: :huh: I guess Passion>common sence.
I'm thinking of getting a JRSC too...depending on if I can find a used and non-abused one for a decent price. Or, just set the moeny aside and by the PWSC...I like the idea of having 200+hp, but I would want the tuning to let the car run almost dead stock...I don't want a car I need to tune again and again and again and mess around with timing and other stuff all the time...I wanna get it in and forget it type of thing...

Still, I think having 155+ hp at the wheels isn't too bad...It would be like driving an 05 ST with some bolt-ons, or an SVT with bolt-ons...

The JRSC is worth it if you can find a used or wholesale one...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
ANTHONYD,Aug 25 2005, 08:40 AM Wrote:Everytime I see threads like this it makes me crazy.

Why on earth would you dump 4000k (you will never see again) into a focus?

:blink:  :huh: I guess Passion>common sence.
[right][snapback]135617[/snapback][/right]

Because thats what hobbies are all about. This one is just really exphensive. I'm sure if you add up all your little mods that you did, youd be half way there ;)

And if he buys something decent he can get most of his money back if he decides ot change cars or whatver a few years down the road.

Frig, I know people here that have MADE money selling high priced itmes such as superchargers and the like.
Ok, what I'll do, is I'll go to the shop and get them to print me the page of the net of the description and I'll post it here.

Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Aug 25 2005, 10:44 AM Wrote:Ok, what I'll do, is I'll go to the shop and get them to print me the page of the net of the description and I'll post it here.
[right][snapback]135654[/snapback][/right]

No need for that man. We know which kit your talking about, its been around since the very early days of the focus.

All were trying to say is for a little more money you can get a WHOLE lot more. ;)