Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do You Remove An Amber Bulb From An 05
Okay before i take a sledge hammer to my headlights....can someone explain to me how to remove the amber indicator light from my 05 zx5....holy jam packed in there and i think i'm gonna have to hire a midget or a Carnie for thier small hands to get in there

thanks in advance
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I don't know how to do it, but that would be illegal, no? You need front indicators.

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Aug 29 2005, 09:44 PM Wrote:I don't know how to do it, but that would be illegal, no?  You need front indicators.
[right][snapback]137059[/snapback][/right]

um? i'm not removing them, just changing the bulb from blah amber to ahhhhhhhh blue
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Oh ok, sorry my bad.

But THAT'S ILLEGAL TOO.

Blue is only allowed on snow removal equipment. I think you might get away with clear, but blue is a no-no.

One of the members recently had green turn signals and got busted for bad taste.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
^^^ um that's what i meant like a bluish white right??? yeah yeah those are them, well the bulb is blue but it shines whitish.....just don't like amber.....
Mods so far:
You should get the silvania silverstars 3157 bulbs..they look blue-purplish when off but blink amber to be legal!

Easiest way to change the bulbs on the 05..if you got bug hands also!!--take the headlight out...save your arms from getting sliced
:P
well, if you go with a straight blue indicator bulb, just lower the car enough that it removes snow when you drive. Instant snow plow!!
microbunny,Aug 30 2005, 12:27 AM Wrote:You should get the silvania silverstars 3157 bulbs..they look blue-purplish when off but blink amber to be legal!

Easiest way to change the bulbs on the 05..if you got bug hands also!!--take the headlight out...save your arms from getting sliced
:P
[right][snapback]137077[/snapback][/right]

Bad design? :(
Bad design... sounds like it..

Is the lens turn signal lens not amber 05's?
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Looks nice but a bitch to get in behind.

[Image: mycar300.jpg]
Mods so far:
You can't use any colour other than Amber for your turn signals...well, you COULD put any colour you want, but you'll be harassed by the cops. So far with the ST170's I have on my car, I've not been jacked up by any cops for not having front indicators/marker lights on all the time. When that time comes, who knows...

Another totally different option for you is to find headlights for an 05 that are grey or black inside like the ST170's...I saw a post about in Team Rigz on FJ, and someone already had them...I think they would look interesting on your car...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
just throw a light coat of silver spraypaint on the bulbs

blue bulbs are ghey

did you have a look in your manual for anything on removing the turns?