Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok You Guys Win!
Well I sold my spinners tonight. A member from our audio club bought a dirty old dodge caravan wood panel edition with 14" black steelies. He came into timmies while I was on my lunch, took the spinners off my car and stuck them on his van and said "I want them...how much"...I responded "40 bux!". He hands me 2 20's and took off.

I am replacing the spinners with the factory focus alloys. I found the ones that look like these at our local junkyard.

[Image: 3367.jpg]

I got them for $100 so thats a pretty rockin deal if you ask me. I am cleaning them up using steps I found on the web to attempt to return them back to a clean stock look. They had some yellowing goign on but my wire brush addon for my dremel seems to have taken most of that off. I figured it was the clear coat that was getting UV dammaged cuz it came off easilly.

Oh..and I got rid of the flame stickers on the hood as well.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Good job dude. How much did those spinners originally cost you anyway ??
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Excellent upgrades, your car will thank you ;)

I like those wheels on sedans, they just make it look really classy.
Yeah, they'll look nice man...now all you gotta do is put some H rated tires on them and you'll be set...Bridgeston Potenza RE950's are nice B)
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Well I bought the spinners with crappy tire money I had laying around so $0...however they go for $60 at crappy.

As for tires...well I have to watch what I get cuz they have to beable to chop through the snow and handle winter conditions cuz thats what these rims will be goign through.

Funny thing...don't know who said it but they were right...the car looks better with the black steelies then it did with the spinners
If you want pure snow tires...Bridgestone Blizzak WS50...Nuff Said B)
Drivesthebeast,Aug 30 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:If you want pure snow tires...Bridgestone Blizzak WS50...Nuff Said B)
[right][snapback]137528[/snapback][/right]

well I sorta use this car for travelling in the summer as well. So pure snows aren't the best suited. I am gonna give those Bridge stone 950s a go.
I paid about $170 each, balanced and installed...I bought my from Main West Firestone/Bullas Automotive in west Hamilton. I know you're not from anywhere near there, but I know that if you found a Bridgestone/Firestone dealer, they might be able to help you out...only problem is, being the time of year it is, they might not have any in stock or available without a short wait. On the otherhand, they might have some in stock, and would like to sell them at a discount to make room for the winter tire inventory. I have these tires on my car, and even though they aren't that great in the snow, they are awesome the rest of the year...they are the best tires I've bought yet, and I can make fast lane changes on the highway in the pissing rain and not worry where the car is, or is going...they are right there.

Let me know what you decide, and how your search goes...

:)
The main thing I like about these rims is that they sorta look like the Konig rims I wanted to buy. Except smaller and with a big ford symbol in them.
where's this junkyard?
dremel? :blink:

Please tell me your not removing the clearcoat thinking it's dirt????
The clearcoat was yellowing from what he says.. but are you going to spray them with some more clearcoat when you're done with them? If not, they'll never look like factory stock wheels, always dull and flat.
guilty,Sep 3 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:The clearcoat was yellowing from what he says.. but are you going to spray them with some more clearcoat when you're done with them?  If not, they'll never look like factory stock wheels, always dull and flat.
[right][snapback]138651[/snapback][/right]

And rusty.
:lol:

I'm thinkin' the spinnahz may not have been a bad idea..... Okay, maybe not.
I busted out the power washer and blasted all the dirt and such from them and actually...they look pretty good. I am getting my painter to reclear them. All I need to do now is get me some rubber and get these beasters ballanced and bolted on and I am set.
As Krusty the clown said "All this does is get you to normal". :P
Alloy rims are better then steelies...therefore I am happy with normal. And well..you have all seen my car...its far from normal even without the spinners.