Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 'ultimate Focus' Thread
If time, resources, and most of all money were not factors, what would you do to create your ultimate Ford Focus?

What exterior components would you have? Bodykits, Rims, Head/Tail Lights, Grille?

What interior components would you have? Seats, Dash, Gauges, Tint?

Your ultimate stereo? Speakers, Subs, Amps, Extras?

What sort of power/handling mods? Engine swap? Turbo? Supercharger? Springs?
Roll Cage??

Lets here what kinda monster foci people can dream up using the best things available for the focus!!
Definately boosted for sure.
As far as interior? I would upgrade the seats and have a realy trick GPS system installed.

I think I would have all the heated mirrors and crap, along with air conditioned appolstry.

Bose stereo... Crystal clear.

Tighter suspension, adjustable preferable and some great tires.

I could go on.

Anyone else?
Anyone have particular parts that they would love to have?
microbunny,Jun 5 2004, 01:01 AM Wrote:Anyone have particular parts that they would love to have?
Ones that didn't break. :lol:
My Ultimate Focus:

ZX5, full rollcage, tucked as behind the trim as possible, such that it's functional, but barely noticeable.

Stock exterior, 'cept for some hellas and Wings West lip and skirts (keep it simple)

2.3 litre duratec, turbo'd with full cat-equipped exhaust, mounted to an AWD transmission, putting power through fully independent suspension, tossing out the control blade for more traditional double wishbone.

Stereo would be a DVD-navigation unit going to 2 amps beneath the seats.. 1x400w - 4way amp to drive components (6" in stock location is plenty), and a pioneer premier 12" sub (4" basket depth 15-200HZ @ 800 Watts RMS) being driven by a single 800 watt amp.

Sub would be in a damped carbon graphite enclosure (saving weight :P)

wheels would be 17" OZ chrono with a decent choice of rubber, big brake kit (wilwood by TCE looks nice)...stock interior with maybe upgraded driver/passenger seats with 5 point and regular lap belts.

the whole purpose of the car is to be the ultimate multi-use focus out there.. could be a lot of fun...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Jun 5 2004, 01:05 AM Wrote:My Ultimate Focus:

ZX5, full rollcage, tucked as behind the trim as possible, such that it's functional, but barely noticeable.

Stock exterior, 'cept for some hellas and Wings West lip and skirts (keep it simple)

2.3 litre duratec, turbo'd with full cat-equipped exhaust, mounted to an AWD transmission, putting power through fully independent suspension, tossing out the control blade for more traditional double wishbone.

Stereo would be a DVD-navigation unit going to 2 amps beneath the seats.. 1x400w - 4way amp to drive components (6" in stock location is plenty), and a pioneer premier 12" sub (4" basket depth 15-200HZ @ 800 Watts RMS) being driven by a single 800 watt amp.

Sub would be in a damped carbon graphite enclosure (saving weight :P)

wheels would be 17" OZ chrono with a decent choice of rubber, big brake kit (wilwood by TCE looks nice)...stock interior with maybe upgraded driver/passenger seats with 5 point and regular lap belts.

the whole purpose of the car is to be the ultimate multi-use focus out there.. could be a lot of fun...
Yeah, i'll take one of those.
See...now thats sweet....

anyone else??
wanna top that?
a nice blue RS.....or just the V8 swap... Crammer..is it...? system...with maybe some 3 way Focals or the Alpine SPX Z18T(3 ways also).....H.U...maybe....a nice..Alpine CDA 7990 with the multimedia manager PXA H900
couple amps..like..Alpine MRV F900 or maybe a good Oz Audio amp..and a good kicker solo X....sub..in a nice enclosure...
nice adjustable suspension..recaro seats...RS cluster (if cant get the RS..) ...
mmmmm.....thats fine for me now..!!!
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
i'd buy a WRC focus and get it legalized for road use
naz,Jun 4 2004, 09:17 PM Wrote:i'd buy a WRC focus and get it legalized for road use
Nuff said.

I dunno. Koni dampers, H&R coils, Kaminari body kit, Steeda/SHM swaybar kit, Mach HID's, 4 way adjustable racing seats with 5 point harness, full rollcage, any quiet exhaust setup, not too picky on the rims, but make em 17's. Eclipse deck with DVD matched with their Line Source Components, 2x 12" subs. Eclipse amps to power the whole set up (3 amps total). Engine would have to be either an SVT Contour V6 swap in, or the Turbo Diesel european model. Sounds fun.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I focus has been great great and Im totaly doing it the way I want.

For euro spec kit, FK 2inch drop with koni yellows, hella headlights, vt mirrors, all painted moulding, ful N/A setup awiht maybe a75 shot of nitrous. Cant ocmplain with that...
ATI Motorsports Terminator Focus. Sonic Blue. Who needs a Stereo and body kit...
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I think the RS is a Focus that's already done perfectly.. except maybe AWD and a little bit more power.

Swap the chrome headlights for the ST170s, get smoked side repeaters, and paint the whole car a puke-green color like the BMW M3s, with gunmetal stock RS wheels.

That'd be pretty much perfect right there I think.
I want the:

APC razzi body kit
APC fake carbon fiber projectors
APC blue / black seats
APC clear corners
APC 70 inch metal spoiler
APC chrome tails
APC chrome spinner hubcaps
Ractive short ram intake
Ractive Strut bar
Ford OEM Chrome exhaust tip
The vynil kit from the orange supra in F&F

Oh all of this on the SPI please.
Run your car, not your mouth
bluetoy,Jun 5 2004, 04:12 PM Wrote:ATI Motorsports Terminator Focus. Sonic Blue. Who needs a Stereo and body kit...
or power steering...

it's sweet, no doubt, but I think you can get wicked loads of fun horsepower without all the craziness of the v8..
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I would change every single part so that they were all manufactured by someone other than Ford. That would be the ultimate!
Probably this Focus in black ;)

<a href='http://www.multimaticmotorsports.com/daytona/images/img_focus_proto10_large.jpg'>[Image: img_focus_proto10_large.jpg]</a>

-P@
I Vtec
lordkingod,Jun 6 2004, 10:16 AM Wrote:Probably this Focus in black&nbsp; ;)

<a href='http://www.multimaticmotorsports.com/daytona/images/img_focus_proto10_large.jpg'>[Image: img_focus_proto10_large.jpg]</a>

-P@
I've always wonderered how effective our headlights would be tilted like that
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
this is an easy one.

2000 Focus ZX3
Full Carbone Fiber replacement panels/hatch/doors

Painted Flat Black (Oh the horror, painting carbon fiber) :rolleyes:

Focus Central full Drag racing suspension.

Bogart Drag on Fly 15x9 inch rims with Mickey Thompson street legal drag radials.

Bogart &quot;front&quot; skinny rims on the back with Mickey Thompson Skinny tires.

Car COMPLETELY GUTTED, sounds deadening material, panels, bolts..everything not needed.

Tinted windows

8 or 10 point roll cage. NHRA Spec.

1 Carbon Fiber racing seat for the driver...stock seat for the passenger (Which gets removed at the track)

Fully built Zetec motor, 8:1 compression pistons, crower rods, all new bearings/gaskets, girdle, ARP head and main studs, fully ported head with upgraded valve train and new turbo cams.

Custom intake manifold

Lovefab turbo manifold, SC61 turbo with TIAL 44mm wastegate dumped to atmosphere, 3 inch downpipe side exit in front of the drivers side wheel.

Motec Engine Management system, fully tuned by the best tuner in the world with the car running 1000%.

hmm...that's pretty much it.

So in short, I want a stock looking Focus, that runs 11's daily driven. :D
I'd stick with the sedan. It reminds me of one of my favourite cars of all time - the Skyline GTS-4 sedan *drools uncontrollably*

* S/C kit, rebuilt internals to handle 12-14 lbs of boost. No idea how it's done, but it must be possible. ZETEC block. 93-94 octane pump gas is a must.

* the accordant extras, race header, etc etc

* strut bar, lowering kit, sway bars, brake upgrade, better pads, etc

* NO BODY KITS. I want the sleeper look. Can't emphasize that enough. No hood swaps, ANYTHING.

* 17&quot; SVT wheels, or maybe the nice package that Steeda has. I've been drooling over that for some time.

* Partial gutting of sound dampener, but nothing extreme. It needs to go to work in the morning without giving me a headache :)

* Killer 2 1/2% rear window and rear door/quarter tint, 25% up front. It needs to look mean. And for that, we go with a gloss black paint, many layers of clearcoat.

* Reinforced transmission, either auto or standard. Why auto? Because a good auto with a shift kit is MUCH faster when shifting than a manual, any day of the week.

And besides the SMALL vinyls/stickers for our clubs, maybe another sjiradio.com sticker for my other buddy Scot's website... that's it.

Somewhere in the 13s for stupid amounts of money, and add in a little of the N2O for the extra &quot;kick&quot; needed to maybe hit 12s.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.