Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Headlight?
Hella or Morette Headlight with turn indicator or the ST170...Hella and Morette look almost indentical except that the Morette bulbs are a bit bigger.
2000 ZX3 White
Magnaflow Exhaust, Steeda CAI, Ford Racing Headers, ORP, H&R Cup Kit, ST170 headlights, JMS Lip Kit,98-01 Euro front bumper, Shorty antenna, 17" Falken Circuit spec rims with 21540ZR17 Falken Fk-451 rubber, Brembo Rotors and Hks pads
I have hellas and Im happy with them but if you get the morrettes make sure to get the Euro gril. Im not familiar with the morettes quality so I cant really comment on them.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
morette triple lights with the ribbed top, in my opinion, they are the only beautifull ---> not copied lights
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
I personally like the ST-170 smoked headlights, but i think the morette headlights are also pretty schweet lookin, its up to you which ones you like. maybe someone can post a few pics of each kind and we should have a poll?
My other ride is your Mom
I personaly dont like the grooves in the morettes plus you cant compare hella with any other brand. Its Hella! They make the best..
Jay is right, nothing beats Hella..... Morettes to me are just Hella 'knockoffs'.....
Yeah I dont really like the Morette ribs that go along the edge of the lights.

Personally I prefer headlights that have a plastic cover of them.. I'd go with the OEM european (either chrome, or grayed out ST170), but it's totally personal preference.
morette and hella are just about the same. the bulbs for the morette are most likely made by hella along with the lens. only thing different is the houseing.
'03 Focus SVT

<a href='http://www.focussport.com/images/trilight.jpg'>[Image: trilight.jpg]

They look very similar. The rib on the headlight doesnt look as bad as you guys say it looks. Most people paint the outside of the morettes and leave the area where the beams are to give a cool effect to the headlights.
I seen some Morettes painted like that, it does look cool!

I still would go with Hellas, they are the best IMO....
cool I didnt know hella released ones with turning signals for N A
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I'd go with the ST170's, I just love thoes lights.
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
By far the best headlights IMO are the ST170's for sure..... :D

He was asking about the Morettes vs. Hellas though.....
D-Dub,Sep 1 2004, 01:54 PM Wrote:cool I didnt know hella released ones with turning signals for N A
Theyre not for NA spec, theyre Eurospec, they use the MK2 Headlight harness (2002 and up), but they can sell them to NA customers because there is demand for them, and most of us know how to wire them up.
I personally DO like the look of the ST-170 smoked lights, but there is one benefit of the Morette and hellas that the ST-170s do not have. You can upgrade them to Street legal Xenon HID lighting. ST-170s wont be street legal because of the reflector bowl is not designed for HID.
Quote:By far the best headlights IMO are the ST170's for sure.....&nbsp;

He was asking about the Morettes vs. Hellas though.....

This was his question.

Quote:Hella or Morette Headlight with turn indicator or the ST170...

I don't know, the way I read this is that he can't decide between Hella/Morette type light or the ST170's. ;)
Black 2001 ZX3-Panasonic H/U, Kenwood amp (don't know how many watts), 10" RF Punch sub (good enough for the music I listen to)
Falken ZIEX ZE-512's
It would also depends on how you want your car to look. The reason I did the Hella headlight is becuase I did the hella tails. If I would of gotten any other tail or kept stock I would of did the ST170..