Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Criminal !
I want to buy some clear bumper turn signals, so I checked E-Bay. Check the shipping costs to Canada. :( Do they think we are stupid?

ebay lights
ManitobaMustang and Fords

ZX3 with SVT suspension,Ice Man CAI.

02 Mustang -asleep for the winter
yes
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
AHAHA... HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

Nice...
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Only twice the cost of the actual product itself. :huh: Just buy some used ones. I'm sure you can find them "somewhere".
Wonder where this stuff is imported from. Canadians should have the right to goods at a reasonable price. It always amazes me how there is special handling prices for shipment to Canada. Sure the shipping costs more, but handling should be the same.

clear corners look great, its gonna cost you like 20 $ who cares
Americans on eBay think we're 1/2 way across the planet..
$26.99US for shipping to Canada.. is about $13 too much.

http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/immicl/immiclcd_003.html
and also http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub51/51tblc.html#_Toc498745158
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.
brucktown,Nov 4 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:clear corners look great, its gonna cost you like 20 $ who cares
[right][snapback]153720[/snapback][/right]

Item cost $8.99 US
Shipping 26.99 US

Total $35.98 US, which at todays excange rate is $42.51 Canadian

What math did you use ? :huh:

Shipping to Canada is a PITA to them. They can't just get a courrier to pick them up. They have to wrap it, drive to the Post Office, wait in line, fill in paperwork.

Half the reason they do that is so he doesn't get 50 emails from FocusCanada-ites asking "Hey dood, do you ship to Canada?". So if he as to do the hassle, it makes it worth his time.

One seller was pretty clear.

"I hate shipping to Canada,
The paperwork is a pain.

I will charge you $100 for shipping,
I hate it that much.

So if you're Canadian and you bid anyways,
Don't complain."
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*
Ah, the curse of the Canadian e-Bay shopper! Don't forget customs costs cuz most businesses won't ship as a gift to Canada. And I even had to pay customs on a gift from a private individual! So much for NAFTA!
I had my buddy order my clear corners from California off a dealer on ebay...I paid roughly $40 cdn after the shipping and handling. $40 is chump change to me, and considering that you will sometimes pay upto double that price for the same thing from the GTA...why not. It's all a matter of how bad you want them. I didn't care about the price, I just found ones I liked, and bought them.
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
It's totally over the top, but then again they can charge whatever they want.. you just dont have to buy it from them. There are a lot of ebay sellers that inflate their shipping like crazy, you really have to watch out for that. If you can find an auction from a seller in Canada, then you're set.. or if not, look for a seller from the US who ships with USPS and lists his shipping cost as something reasonable.

Also a lot of ebay sellers want to list their items at a lower price so they hide their profits by listing crazy high shipping fees. It's a way the sellers are trying to get around ebay's seller fees (percentage of the selling price).. You're more likely to click on something that says "$9.99" and has some $20 shipping fee in the description than something listed for $29.99.

Also never ever bid on an item when the shipping costs arent listed clearly in the item description.
OAC_Sparky,Nov 4 2005, 01:21 PM Wrote:Shipping to Canada is a PITA to them. They can't just get a courrier to pick them up. They have to wrap it, drive to the Post Office, wait in line, fill in paperwork.

Half the reason they do that is so he doesn't get 50 emails from FocusCanada-ites asking "Hey dood, do you ship to Canada?". So if he as to do the hassle, it makes it worth his time.

One seller was pretty clear.

"I hate shipping to Canada,
The paperwork is a pain.

I will charge you $100 for shipping,
I hate it that much.

So if you're Canadian and you bid anyways,
Don't complain."
[right][snapback]153736[/snapback][/right]

Someone needs to bitch slap this YANK
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
I get s**t shipped in from the US all the time, either for myself or for work... I've never had a problem.

Any newb that can't wrap his head around basic shipping principals needs to step away from the IntarWeb and go play with some damned Legos or something.

On a mirrored note, I ordered a part for a laptop for our Reno, NV office from NCIX.com. 25 bucks ground shipping for something that would be about the same size as that light set.

I did a reverse order from a US comp parts company, same stuff, shipped via USPS... 35 CDN.

So, not only is this guy making killer profit (I did a fakie order from CA), he still doesn't know what the damn he's doing.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthr...t=clear+corners

here are some... didn't pm to find out anything though!

Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
hahah thats insane, i can get them at my work for $61.08 w/o tax and my discount
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
$60 for shipping is outrageous! With bubblewrap, those lights should not weigh more than 1lb and if shipped via USPS Global Priority, it should cost approximately $14.25. If anybody would like to pay the true cost for shipping, please let me know. I go to the post office everyday and won't mind to ship them out for you.
Hello to all those FocusFanaticer's and to everyone else! :)

---Randy
That's not really that bad. I used to charge people $20 flat minimum for anything that went UPS because it was my time that it took to pack it up. Try shipping to Europe no ground so everything goes air. I sent my Grandma a picture last week and it cost me $152 UPS. At least I can write it off. LOL

Don't like it don't pay it simple as that.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
I send things purolator and get 75% off..... so I like that! As well as long as it originates from wihtin Canada, coming to me, i get my discount!
Skirt, Volant Intake, HID projectors, Eibach Suspension, SVT rims
Hey check this one out:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/PINK-Acoustic-Guitar-w-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, a *brand new* PINK acoustic guitar, selling for $0.01, shipping only $39.99US to Canada.

Not sure how they make money on these, it's not like a guitar is easy to ship.
Oh, did I mention it comes with a case, strap, tuner, extra strings, guitar pic, and training manual ??

One of my friends from the race track was on eBay the other day.. stepped away for a few minutes and his 8-year old son decided to have a play and make his first bid..
yes he chose the PINK guitar. Apparently put a high bid of $75US on it too.. fortunately there were no other bidders, so it was sold for the princely sum of 1cent.

Kid didn't tell his dad that he'd been buying stuff online.. and goes off to his room to play with toys.
Dad gets an unexpected email from the seller.. "congrats, you're the winning bidder".

Guess what the lad is getting for Christmas? :lol:
'00 ZX3, WW 'W-Typ' kit & 3-pc Wing, 17" CSA Ultra 5-spoke rims, Progress Springs, SPAX shocks & struts, MAC Intake.