Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Civic Recalled
NOVEMBER 10, WASHINGTON (AP) --

Honda Motor Co. recalled about 25,000 Civics on Thursday because the accelerator pedal was improperly installed on some 2006 models, which could cause a crash. If the pedal is improperly installed, it could come loose, cause the throttle to stick and raise the potential for a crash. Honda spokesman Sage Marie said there have been no crashes or injuries linked to the issue in the popular-selling vehicle. The "vast majority" of the 25,298 vehicles under recall in the United States have not yet been sold, Marie said. A dealer inspecting the vehicles discovered the problem in late September and reported it to the automaker, leading to an internal investigation, he said. Honda redesigned the sedan for the 2006 model year and it continues to post strong sales figures. The Japanese automaker sold 23,911 Civics in October, up 14 percent from last October, according to Autodata Corp. The company sold 257,749 Civics in the first nine months of this year, down 1.2 percent from 262,958 sold last year. Honda did not immediately have a breakdown of how many 2006 models have been sold thus far. The redesign includes a new floor-mounted gas assembly that involves the accelerator. The sedans under recall were manufactured from early June through early October, and countermeasures have been put in place on the assembly line to fix the problem, Marie said. Owners were being notified of the recall this month and told to bring their cars to a dealership. Dealers will either reset the pedal or replace the assembly at no cost to consumers.
it wasn't like that, they got the gas and brake pedals backward :)

sorry freaking laptop is not working properly
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

mo_focus,Nov 10 2005, 09:25 PM Wrote:it want like that, they got the gas and brake backwards :)
[right][snapback]155036[/snapback][/right]
:1engrishsign:
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Three things come to my mind:

1. Sticking throttles are bad, I experienced it once but luckily no harm done in my case but VERY dangerous.

2. Nice to see dealer caught the problem and raised the red flag rather than denying there is a problem *cough* Ford dealers *cough*.

3. Nice to see the manufacturer stepped up rather than deny or put a spin on it as if it was an "un-advertised feature worthy of an extended warranty" *cough* [I]FORD[/I] *cough*

The Focus had its own throttle problems, which were reluctantly acknowledged eventually, and in addition to that the rear wheel bearings failing also reluctantly became recall items. Crucial items like the front springs breaking and fuel starvation issues are equally dangerous but are either extended warranty items, TSB's or flat out denied.

Anyone want to look the front spring removed from my Focus? Looks mint but for the fact it was cracked to pieces were the short length of rubber sleeve was, darpuppet has seen it if you don't believe me and I still have it.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I guess that is the difference between FORD and HONDA. The only thing Honda has the reliability. they take great pride in that and you are right. its nice to see a company will actually try to correct the problem rather then denying it.
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

Honda makes enough money to do the recall. Ford doesn't.

Not an entirely true statement, but I think it's more along those lines.
Silver '05 Saabaru 9-2X Aero
LOL I can picture all the chinese people now

"HO! CAR GO WAY TO FAST! NO SROW DOWN! GORING TO HIT 60!! AHHHHH"
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Recalled properly.

Just another reason why I'm buing a forign car next time around.
ANTHONYD,Nov 11 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:Recalled properly.

Just another reason why I'm buing a forign car next time around.
[right][snapback]155108[/snapback][/right]

Because they were forced to do this recall because it's a serious safety issue. I don't think that most of you understand the difference between the Jap. automaker and NA automaker recalls. Jap's do it when they are forced to due to government regulations. They don't recall little shite as they do it when you bring your car to the dealer. NA automakers are forced to recall everything because of the nature their business has become over the 75+ years of building cars in NA. I understand Andrew's point, but Anthony you are kidding yourself if you think their any better. And I laugh under my breath all the time when you mention Hyundai as a good car maker. Go buy one. And I'll laugh again.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
japanese manufacturers are the worst when it comes to recalls actually. They don't admit anything, not in TSB's, not in the press, nothing. If a problem with the car doesn't fall under something that the government would be concerned about, you'd never hear of it.

Ford would TSBs exist where you'd only have a buyer's guide to used cars tell you any possible issues with the japanese cars.

I know 3 people who's accord has been in the shop more in it's first 3 months on the street than my car has in 4 years.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

darkpuppet,Nov 11 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:japanese manufacturers are the worst when it comes to recalls actually.  They don't admit anything, not in TSB's, not in the press, nothing.  If a problem with the car doesn't fall under something that the government would be concerned about, you'd never hear of it.

Ford would TSBs exist where you'd only have a buyer's guide to used cars tell you any possible issues with the japanese cars.

I know 3 people who's accord has been in the shop more in it's first 3 months on the street than my car has in 4 years.
[right][snapback]155156[/snapback][/right]

I can agree with this too, My Japanese Friend Kieko bought a 2005 Corolla LE in Feb after she wrote off her 95 when a dump truck backed into her car as she was waiting for traffic to move near road work.

I noticed 4 things that made me mention things to her dealership that made me question the car. They " checked " it out but when I asked they replied all was fine. So far I've noticed the window trim around the top of the door falling apart on all doors ( was " checked " and fixed before but my friend was never told about the repair ) the Air bag shut offs on the passenger side while I was in the car and keep chiming that the seat belts are not buckeled, happened twice, and there was an issue with her fog lights, not to mention a few times where the engine almost cut out when really pushed to move. So far there is No recalls on her car or any " New 2000 - 2006 Corollas " out there yet as Toyota is very reliable as the dealer said.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
i wish i had more data to support this.. but i really think cars assembled in japan are better than japanese branded cars assembled elsewhere...
I'm still buying import.

Sorry.
It doesnt matter what kind of car you buy your still gonna get f**ked over. My parents bought an Altima and the front strut craped out. They told us we have to pay for it cause its under normal wear and tear. My dad freaked and left picked me up and came back. I proceded to talk only to get a bitchy attitude from 2 service people, then one of them told me we were over in km so it wont be covered, but we had purchased an extended warrenty. I told them to show us in the paperwork where it said that. They told us they have customers to call and deal with and we were told what they were told and that they could do nothing about it. I said ok no problem and walked staight to the managers office. He told us to wait for a bit and then came out and quietly said that its all taken care of, we will call you tonight to schedule an appointment.

Seriously like talk about damned over your customers with a 30ft stick, so hush hush just to save some damned coin.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
I will never buy import sorry b/c really their no better then Domestic's. Toyata and Honda are starting to slip big time these days and will only get worse but thier thier still "better". Plus thier dealer service sucks also. I hear way to many toyota horror stories from people on service and how they try 100% of the time to damn yah over. Everytime they do a recall it's the owners fault, that's BS and will never get any of my money ever. Usually they cost more to buy and cost more to fix so it makes no difference.

Again if there was a problem other then a safety issue honda would most likely sweep it under the carpet like they been doing for years along with toyota. They never want to own up to anything. People they buy foreign are kidding themselves if they think their going to be so much better.

I also think all ontario ford dealers are crap except the odd 1, get yourself a better dealer, it's simple. We always had straight up service and never much hassle from our's.

" If a problem with the car doesn't fall under something that the government would be concerned about, you'd never hear of it."

Exactly if the government doesn't get on thier case you'd never hear a word and if something happens it's your fault. When people get the shaft later on if they buy a honda or toyota i will just laugh. Atleast ford will own uo to most s**t and fix it but the others, pay up b/c it's your fault, were invincible etc.. My local mechanic said for year's don't buy into the BS and hype of the jap cars, b/c in the end thier no better then a ford,chevy or dodge.
My Mom Says I'm Special
THIS IS WHY I'M BYING IMPORT.
[Image: IMG_0602.jpg]
[Image: IMG_601.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0599.jpg]
[Image: IMG_604.jpg]

All work orders from the focus.

Like I said.... I have my reasons.
Oh shite... the Focus wall of shame!

That's sick. I've had like... 1 problem that wasn't caused by me. The brakes, and they replaced them and I paid like 1/2 the labour.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Sadly..... That's not even all of them.

I still have more floating around somewhere.

I sent those pictures to Ford....

No response.
I read some of your bills and they say oil change and wheel balancing, I dont think that consists of a problem with your car but a normal type of maintenance.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Nov 14 2005, 01: Wrote:I read some of your bills and they say oil change and wheel balancing, I dont think that consists of a problem with your car but a normal type of maintenance.
[right][snapback]155774[/snapback][/right]

What you don;t see is the work order underneath with the work I had done while it was in for an oilchange.

I would drop the car off and get on the train and goto work. They would then take it into the garage,

There is no bullshit there Dom.

Nice try. :P

The ones with the highlights were tranny work and strut bearings. My car would eat those.