Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Razor
Can anyone tell me more about this "Air Razor"? It's on ebay and it says it increase hp and fuel efficiency by funnelling the air faster to the motor.

It's relatively inexpensive and according to them, it's easy install.

Any thoughts about this product?
Be the change you want to see in this world.
truth? The only air this product will increase is the laughter of your mechanic when he sees one in your car and has to fix your "new" issues.

ebay and cheap are inclusive. Don't buy stuff because it is cheap.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
As the ING guy said...Save your money!

its a big waste no matter how much u spend
04 Silver ZX3, 17" Focal wheels, cold air intake,[COLOR=blue]
yeah, like everyone's already posted, this is a bad idea. If you're lucky, it'll decrease performance, if you're unlucky, it'll do real damage to your car.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

they work man, best 20 bucks you'll ever spend I got like 20 extra hp when I dyno'd. I love this thing. I bought two and placed them in my intake one right after another and you should hear it scream. It sounds like a turbo or something. Holy crap, don't listen to these other guys who don't have them. I am thinking of ordering a third one and placing it inline with the other two so I can get the HYPER TORNADO effect. Sick man, simply sick.

don't forget to post an emoticon or something to get the sarcasm across... don't want people to take this seriously, m'kay?

-dp
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,Dec 2 2005, 04:50 PM Wrote:they work man, best 20 bucks you'll ever spend I got like 20 extra hp when I dyno'd. I love this thing. I bought two and placed them in my intake one right after another and you should hear it scream. It sounds like a turbo or something. Holy crap, don't listen to these other guys who don't have them. I am thinking of ordering a third one and placing it inline with the other two so I can get the HYPER TORNADO effect. Sick man, simply sick.
[right][snapback]159071[/snapback][/right]

your either bad at kidding or have been with bunny and Marc all day at the bong factory. Stick to CF

By chance is this "product" the same as the "Tornado" they always try to sell on spike tv durting "the power block" the thing that is spos to increase power and save gas?. If so i will first say, they idea of makeing a wind tunnel to make air move faster is correct, but haveing steamed veggie grate in ur air intake... well that's not doing u any good, i'd say it would more then likely slow ur air flow and choke ur poor little car. If u already bought it, i'd suggest keeping it in the kitchen, u never know when u need some steamed carrots. :P
Save points are for quiters
meford4u,Dec 2 2005, 04:52 PM Wrote:your either bad at kidding or have been with bunny and Marc all day at the bong factory.  Stick to CF
[right][snapback]159075[/snapback][/right]

WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THE BONG FACTORY? ..DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY OPIUM DEN TOO?
I appreciate everyone responding so openly but honestly I can't understand why those of you who have NOT used, seen, purchases, experienced the product itself can claim its a sham and does worse to your car than better. Unless you've actually tried it yourself or know somebody has tried it and gotten terrible damage to their car, you really don't know anything right? really you don't.

I didn't end up buying it, nor am i planning to, but its funny to me that the seller on ebay has sold about 20,000 items (including air razor) and the seller's feedback is over 98+ percent.

If the air razor was such a sham and damages your car (or even if it does nothing), where are all the lawsuits, negative feedbacks etc.?

oh well.

Be the change you want to see in this world.
easy there cornflakes.

We actually know alot. When this POS makes the vortech windtunnel action, once the vortech spinning of the wind hits your intake, the intake will deaden any spinning and rendering the product useless.

Why so many good feedback? Who likes to be a sucker or admit they got sucked in.

Now if you really want to be hemmed into a corner, we could get the engineer to tell you all the specifics. But you asked our opinion.

And if it would be the best product ever it would be in every vehicle from the factory, since car manufacturer would love to be able to get better mileage for cheap..... ;)
Alex
cornflakes,Dec 3 2005, 11:55 PM Wrote:I appreciate everyone responding so openly but honestly I can't understand why those of you who have NOT used, seen, purchases, experienced the product itself can claim its a sham and does worse to your car than better.  Unless you've actually tried it yourself or know somebody has tried it and gotten terrible damage to their car, you really don't know anything right? really you don't.

I didn't end up buying it, nor am i planning to, but its funny to me that the seller on ebay has sold about 20,000 items (including air razor) and the seller's feedback is over 98+ percent.

If the air razor was such a sham and damages your car (or even if it does nothing), where are all the lawsuits, negative feedbacks etc.?

oh well.
[right][snapback]159221[/snapback][/right]

Your right, we havent used it.

Prove us wrong? We can admit when were wrong....well some of us. :rolleyes:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
cornflakes,Dec 3 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:I appreciate everyone responding so openly but honestly I can't understand why those of you who have NOT used, seen, purchases, experienced the product itself can claim its a sham and does worse to your car than better.  Unless you've actually tried it yourself or know somebody has tried it and gotten terrible damage to their car, you really don't know anything right? really you don't.

oh well.
[right][snapback]159221[/snapback][/right]

Does that mean that when you turbo your car and are looking for value files for 60# injectors that I shouldn't help you out because I haven't personally owned the injectors myself?

But you read it on the internet, so it must be true, right?

you have the honest opinion of people who actually own the same car as yourself, people who've tuned their own cars, and people who have a pretty damn good understanding of the car YOU drive.

But you want to throw it all back in their faces, because it's not what you read in an advertisement.

I have a Gude turbo to sell you for cheap

I'll re-iterate for the record, if you save gas, it's because it's restricting air (and killing performance), and if it's installed in the wrong place, can wreck havoc on a system already optimized for economy.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

cornflake, the other reason why alot of people buy products such as these are that they have no automotive knowledge, and think that anything this cheap that might save them money is a good thing. But in reality, cheap things are usually worse for your car than not buying anything at all.