Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Header
hey just wondering if the 4-2-1 race header is legal or if anyone has had any griefs driving with ones of these on also how loud is it?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
its more to do with the cat placement that will make it illegal. im not sure if ont allows you to relocate the cat or not. sumptin ive been wondering myself.
Turbo Kit For sale. Bills SUCK.
it's illegal to move the cat. The only header that you MIGHT get away with is an SVT tubular with the SVT cat & flex combo. Other than that, you takes your chances. As far a volume there is an old saying "If you have to ask, it's too loud for you)

peace
jarrod. in sask it is LEGAL to remove the cat. your safe as long as your not louder then 93db. if you get a shorty header you can keep the stock cat.
I'm with Jason, go for the shorty header less headaches!
Silver 05 ZX4 SES

RPM Black 501 18X7, Falken 215/35/18's, MBRP Stainless Cat-Back Exhaust Gen 2, FocusSport Header and Flex, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Struts & Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, AEM Cold Intake, FocusSport Strut Bar, Pioneer Head Unit, Boston 6.5 for Doors, Speedhut White Face Gauges, Momo Pedals, Crystal Clear Bumper Lenses, Niken Shorty Antena, Tint. RS Widebody Kit Ready for 2010...!

Fat Guy in Small Car...
Yeah, in SK appearantly there is no law against removing your cat.. or at least not one that any cops enforce.

But if it's a loud setup, you're probably going to get pulled over either way if they want to be dicks about it. There's also some pretty stupid stories about the cops using the dB-meter at arbitrary places.. I dont know if it's lack of training or what, but that would completely change the readings. Like a lot of cars would fail if you put the dB-meter right up to the tailpipe..

I guess the bottom line is, if it's really loud you call more attention to yourself. So you're more likely to get pulled over for doing something that they might not otherwise be paying attention to.
Jarrod you allready have stealth exahust so you dont really have to worry about loudness. Your intake is louder that your muffler LOL :lol: . A shorty header would finish it off.
exaclt my exhaust is super quiet so i mean with a header it shouldn't make it any louder than those ractive mufflers right?
[Image: sunaliersig.jpg]
1997 Sunalier with "stuff" done to it
I had the magnaflow which isn't a loud exhaust, and then with race headers OMG it was STUPID.

It varies from car to car. just because it is quiet with an aftermarket exhaust means nothing once race headers are added.

:D
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
tru that i dunno i am getting a super good deal on it is it worth it then?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
Hey I think they are worth whatever you pay for it. I like the sound that it morphs the exhaust into. Just wanted to give you a heads up that even though your exhaust seems quiet now that might change.

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
i have a ractive full catback and its exTREMELY quiet.
LOFOCI WAGON,Apr 28 2004, 06:14 PM Wrote:I'm with Jason, go for the shorty header less headaches!
Say goodbye to your cat then...it will burn out in less than year.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
1 year? 6 months for me... hehe

If you get Shorty you have to get High-flow cat.. you won't notice the Cat plugging until its too late.

JBA Shorties and FC High-Flow Cat? My car was LOUD... I had to make a silencer at work so's not to piss off the neighbors, 'cause I'm too lazy to get on my ass to order mine from PI :)
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:
Stap Boy,Apr 29 2004, 03:09 PM Wrote:1 year? 6 months for me... hehe

If you get Shorty you have to get High-flow cat.. you won't notice the Cat plugging until its too late.

JBA Shorties and FC High-Flow Cat? My car was LOUD... I had to make a silencer at work so's not to piss off the neighbors, 'cause I'm too lazy to get on my ass to order mine from PI :)
Yeah about the same here....threw in an ORP...got stopped twice so far.

I fought the law and the law won.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
relocating your cat is legal, as long as you have the cat and you still pass emission and safety

my setup is 4-1 race header > flex pipe > universial cat (with O2 sensors properly wired, so no engine light) > borla catback
passed emission and safety no problem and asked that this is legal.
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
where are u from if you dont mind me asking. im a lil excited that there is a possibility that my custom turbo kit has the chance to be legal.
He's from Regina, SK. There is no emissions testing here, so everything is a lot less harsh. Really the only thing is noise that they can ticket you for as far as exhaust goes.
Paparoach,Apr 29 2004, 12:25 PM Wrote:
LOFOCI WAGON,Apr 28 2004, 06:14 PM Wrote:I'm with Jason, go for the shorty header less headaches!
Say goodbye to your cat then...it will burn out in less than year.
..........or not.

I've had mine (FocusSport) for 2 or 3 years now and my emmision test in Jan 04 showed perfect numbers.

Problem is you may not be able to find one, I think Simon said they don't make them any more?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
emissions-wise... shorty header doesn't change a thing...

If JBA's are burning out Cat's... and FocusSport's aren't... you gotta figure which is better... (or does FocusSport just rebadge the JBA and you got lucky? hehe)
2003 Sangria Red Focus ZX5.
Buncha Crap Under the Hood... Buncha Crap running out the ass... Big Clunky box in the trunk... Flag on the Roof ala Austin Mini :headbang:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fswerks race header , Street legal? adamzx5 9 4,359 07-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Race Header ZX5focused 15 5,808 01-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Last Post: dBlast
  Before You Buy A Race Header, Watch! ZX3TUNR 19 6,813 06-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Kool_ZX3
  Focussport Race Header Zoom 18 6,261 05-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Jays2000ZX3
  Race Header / Flex Progress ZX3TUNR 1 1,458 12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Gee