Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeper Anyone?
Afermarket company fixes Solstices major weakness-POWER!

http://www.mallettcars.com/solstice-conversion.htm
Now that would be a sweet ride.

Imagine pulling to a light and the kid next to you still thinks you got the regular crap in there. haha Priceless
"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success."
--Henry Ford

00 Focus ZX3 Silver- Sold
01 Focus ZX3 Green- Sold
01 Focus ZTS Red- Sold
03 Focus ZTW Green Sold
04 Escape LTD Silver- Sold
05 Freestyle LTD Black-Sold
02 Honda CRV EX-L-Sold
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI Silver-Sold

11 VW Jetta TDI 6spd Mine Smile
10 VW Golf Highline DSG- wrote off Sad

For that price, there's ALOT of other cars I'd rather drive......
so for 39000 MORE, you can have an LSV8 with a vortech SC, new suspension and other goodies... so with the cost of the car it would be like 70,000?

but you would be RIPPING some new assholes everywhere!
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
S2,Dec 22 2005, 11:27 AM Wrote:For that price, there's ALOT of other cars I'd rather drive......
[right][snapback]162014[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I completely agree, but its cool none the less.
I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. But like most factory GM's... this upgraded one (imo) isn't really worth it either.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
euro_zx5,Dec 22 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. But like most factory GM's... this upgraded one (imo) isn't really worth it either.
[right][snapback]162019[/snapback][/right]

My favourite is still the older BMW M5, which will be my next car...
Alex
euro_zx5,Dec 22 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. [right][snapback]162019[/snapback][/right]

You guys are all driving potential sleepers. Trust me, nobody expects a Ford Focus to hang with them. :P ;)

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Dec 22 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:
euro_zx5,Dec 22 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:I dunno... sleepers are the best. Especially discreet (somewhat) ones. [right][snapback]162019[/snapback][/right]

You guys are all driving potential sleepers. Trust me, nobody expects a Ford Focus to hang with them. :P ;)
[right][snapback]162027[/snapback][/right]

Exactly... ;)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I remember when Mallett was making a name for themselves as being the first company to have a 396 stroker kit available for the then-brand-new C5 Vette. They get the new GM cars pre-productions to start making parts.....

Now HERE is the ultimate sleeper Focus!
http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php?t=482827
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography

If I had the $ to spend (c'mon Super 7 :lol:) there's that Powertech? kit for an AT equipped Focus that I'm interested in.

Imagine if you will a Focus sedan with a disabled parking permit that can toast those yahoos in the Mustangs at stoplights and then pull into the disabled parking spot? :rofl:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 22 2005, 08:42 PM Wrote:

If I had the $ to spend (c'mon Super 7 :lol:) there's that Powertech? kit for an AT equipped Focus that I'm interested in.

Imagine if you will a Focus sedan with a disabled parking permit that can toast those yahoos in the Mustangs at stoplights and then pull into the disabled parking spot? :rofl:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]162075[/snapback][/right]

You won't be toasting any Mustang I drive if I win the Super7 and buy the stage3 Rousch Mustang.

But I'll give you a drive with the preferrerd parking sticker :P
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
yeah but thats the thing, we know a roush mutsang would be fast.....plus were talking about your fat ass winning a lottery. :rolleyes:

Now the look of a Nissan 350Z driver when the fofo pulls a few cars on him from a role....PRICELESS.

I love sleepers. :D
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Don't be hatin Flo when I win and you are still a LOSER!!!!
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Dec 23 2005, 01:09 PM Wrote:Don't be hatin Flo when I win and you are still a LOSER!!!!
[right][snapback]162141[/snapback][/right]

Bah, all I managed to win was $10 and a few free tickets tonight -sigh- $10 twoards the Steeda CAI I guess <_<

NefCanuck
I think that's great... a whole range from relatively mild to 600HP SC'ed WILD. Very nice.

But why explore turbos after offering a sick (yet expensive) SC'ed package?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The solstice is a hunk of trash....

I worked on one 2 weeks ago and it is truly cheap and shitty from top to bottom...

And jamming an LS2 V8 into it is only making it fast/////

still is cheaply made, ugly, and uninspiring!

......isnt that a corvette motor....?? not sure but sounds familiar...
Not to mention they ripped off the the s2000 totally... or is it an s2000 with a facelift? :lol: Who knows with gm and their duplicate cars and many "mfr's". :rolleyes:
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
The Soltice is a parts bin extravaganza as you can probably find something in that car from allover GM's divisions, wich would explain why the LS2 from a Vette could be shoehorned into it. The Solstice is a nice convertible but I think that the Saturn Sky has the looks to become a classic, hopefully Pontiac finds all there mistakes with the Solstice(if there are any) before Saturn goes to production with the Sky otherwise GM could find itself with 2 craptacular cars instead of 1.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS
LS2? I thought the LS1 was a Vette / Camaro motor, LS6 was a C5 motor, and LS7 was the new C6 motor?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Now This Is A Sleeper meford4u 15 5,197 04-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Last Post: Crazirich