Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Chatroom
Add a chatroom to the site. It would cut down on the number of useless posts, be a way to communicate instantly, save you bandwidth... just makes sense.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
I totally agree with this Idea...I think that too much time, effort, and space is wasted on slamming eachother and other off topic banter...with a chat room or a seperate sub category for just talking in general would be a great idea. Also, that room or category could be used for those who have a hatred for the cars, or don't even own one anymore to hang out in...
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Aug 30 2005, 10:38 PM Wrote:I totally agree with this Idea...I think that too much time, effort, and space is wasted on slamming eachother and other off topic banter...with a chat room or a seperate sub category for just talking in general would be a great idea.  Also, that room or category could be used for those who have a hatred for the cars, or don't even own one anymore to hang out in...
[right][snapback]137560[/snapback][/right]

Hmm..

Telling people to fuk off and calling people jerkass in real time....

I like it
I think the principle benefit would be to reduce the post whoring. I mean granted, Darkpuppet is more accepting of it being quite the whore himself at times, however guys like Scoob, Bunny and myself DO get a little out of control... would make sense to have even a java chat room intergrated into or linked from the site...
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
If there was a chat room i wouldnt use it. This has nothing to do with post counts. I just think it would look bad that i'm in a chat room at work vs. on a message forum.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
not to mention that a chat room require that all the whores are online all at the sametime.

I'm looking at the chatroom that [FJ]'s running, and even with their membership, it's pretty freakin' dead... I'll investigate something.... just not sure how useful a chatroom is going to be.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

USE A FAST CHAT ROOM - BASED LIKE MSN - ITS AN AWSOME IDEA BECAUSE MY MSN DOSENT WORK - AND I WOULD LOVE TO CHAT WITH PEOPLE - REAL TIME!!
focus gone - 2005 mazda 6 sport gt wagon - lovin it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Web based chat rooms usually suck.. either they're so slow that it's a pain in the ass to use, or else there's nobody ever online (or it's just full of idlers).
This is a really good flash based chat that's easy to use... I'm sure we could intergrate something very similar into the site:

Flash Chat

and most of the time we're all on at the same time...
2000 Black ZX3
chatroom is the last thing on my list... there's a lot of work to do before chat.

darkpuppet,Aug 31 2005, 08:38 PM Wrote:chatroom is the last thing on my list... there's a lot of work to do before chat.
[right][snapback]138020[/snapback][/right]

If you can find out how to source that SWF, I'll host it and you can just to a link for now.
2000 Black ZX3
chat is typically underutilised on forums
A lot of people have MSN...
SWF chat is more than just downloading a flash file
there are so many other things that need to be done before chat
and, no, I'm not going to link to an external half-assed implemented chat device.. which the flash chat is.

didn't we try an IIRC channel before as well?

anyways, regardless, it's a good suggestion, but the time isn't right, so it's on hold.

next suggestion please

chatroom failed on one of the largest Focus forums, I dont think it would last here ?
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....