Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another Tire Thread
May as well ask while everyone's in a yakking mood, and I'm going off what I've seen here and at dealers as well.

I like these:

http://www.tiretrends.com/tire_info.php3?detailID=16748

I'm seeing a LOT of sport compact love for the Kumhos:

http://www.tiretrends.com/tire_info.php3?detailID=22444

And, these are the tires I almost bought from Stockfish last fall if not for a lack of fundage at the time from buying the house:

http://www.tiretrends.com/tire_info.php3?detailID=16763

What do you guys think? They'll be in a 205/50R16 size, going on my S2 rims.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 31 2006, 08:58 AM Wrote:May as well ask while everyone's in a yakking mood, and I'm going off what I've seen here and at dealers as well.

I like these:

I'm seeing a LOT of sport compact love for the Kumhos:

http://www.tiretrends.com/tire_info.php3?detailID=22444

And, these are the tires I almost bought from Stockfish last fall if not for a lack of fundage at the time from buying the house:

http://www.tiretrends.com/tire_info.php3?detailID=16763

What do you guys think? They'll be in a 205/50R16 size, going on my S2 rims.
[right][snapback]167680[/snapback][/right]

A few of my fellow Maruader owners have the KDW2's and really like them. The only thing is that the tread looks like winter tires, but they perform really well on the big boat.
[Image: d042d047.jpg]
Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Kumhos good.

I got these.

Dunlop SP FM 901's. Me love. :wub:

[Image: 726_hp_spsportFM901_3qt.jpg]
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
I've drooled over that tire for a few months now (gforce t/a that is) *looks at pamphlet* I was pricing those tires out at Crappy Tire and a Ford dealer just to get some ideas... but, not for the stock rims... hell no. :D
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Khumos are alright. This will be my last season on them, didnt last to long, about 20 000Km.

KDW's are LOUD, Freind of mine has them on his SRT4, as well as on a focus SVT..... :blink: :huh: :o :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
What happened to ignore Nate?
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Jan 31 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:What happened to ignore Nate?
[right][snapback]167747[/snapback][/right]

Hankook at TireTrends

This is what I just got from them. Sidewall it a LITTLE soft, but better treadlife than the Kumhos, and WAY better wet weather traction.
White 2001 ZX3
17" FRPP White Rally Wheels, KW Cup Kit (1.6"Wink, Progress 22mm Rear Sway, Short Ram Intake w/K&N Cone, Steeda 65mm TB, Ported 2k Manifold, FRPP 9mm Wires, MAC UDP, Clear Markers, OBX 4-1 Shorty Header, OBX ORP, FS Flex, 2nd Gen. MBRP Exhaust, FS/SCT Multi Chip

My Focus
My Photography
Hmm thanks for the pics and weigh-ins guys!

Casper, neat tire! They have "limited stock", so I guess it'll just be a wait-and-see thing as I am not sure when the budget will allow for the actual purchase.

Oscar - I only want those if I come close to your price ;)

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I rock these:

[Image: nexenn3000.jpg]

Nexen 3000.

Great tire.
meford4u,Jan 31 2006, 05:33 PM Wrote:What happened to ignore Nate?
[right][snapback]167747[/snapback][/right]

I was responding to the other posts about the KDW's :P (Not everyone is on my lists :lol: )
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 31 2006, 01:58 PM Wrote:May as well ask while everyone's in a yakking mood, and I'm going off what I've seen here and at dealers as well.

I like these:

I am looking at this as well and they're cheap in US, Tiretrend price is $155cdn Tirerack price is $70US. Maybe I will make a trip to walmart in US to pickup a set of those.
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
ANTHONYD,Feb 1 2006, 02:10 PM Wrote:I rock these:

Nexen 3000.

Great tire.
[right][snapback]167856[/snapback][/right]

How much are those and where to buy?
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....
Focus Is Art,Feb 1 2006, 10:07 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Feb 1 2006, 02:10 PM Wrote:I rock these:

Nexen 3000.

Great tire.
[right][snapback]167856[/snapback][/right]

How much are those and where to buy?
[right][snapback]167899[/snapback][/right]
Walmart carries them now :D
2005 Liquid Grey ZX3 RIP
http://members.cardomain.com/phantom66
Mods so far : Mazda 3 Wiper Arm, Shorty Antenna, Alpine CDA-9887 HU, 17" Enkei Evo6 Hyper Black Nexen N3000 215/45/17
2010 World Rally Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STi
I've checked out those Nexens on AnthonyD's car (at least I'm pretty sure it was them) at the BBQ. Pretty sweet tread design.

Hmmm.

Lotta good ideas guys, thanks again to everyone who contributed.

I'll let those who don't have me on ignore :rolleyes: know what I get after tax time.

Got a set of falkens 512 and I like them. They work pretty good and they only cost $720can for all four, installed. I'll get those again when I get my new OZ ultraleggera 15x7" this summer (11lbs rims!). Even with a larger tire size, P225/50VR15 compared to my old P205/55VR15, they came to the same price as my old falkens! If you burn off your tires quickly you may want to look at those, they cost less and they work like a potenza S-03.
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
euro,Feb 3 2006, 08:28 PM Wrote:Got a set of falkens 512 and I like them. They work pretty good and they only cost $720can for all four, installed. I'll get those again when I get my new OZ ultraleggera 15x7" this summer (11lbs rims!). Even with a larger tire size, P225/50VR15 compared to my old P205/55VR15, they came to the same price as my old falkens! If you burn off your tires quickly you may want to look at those, they cost less and they work like a potenza S-03.
[right][snapback]168294[/snapback][/right]

WHOA, I am assuming you paid for those tires at a local retailer? cause I got my 512's for $69cdn each taxes shipping installed I think it was 400ish. It was the stock size too.

sorry to make you feel bad but I won't buy a tire locally anymore they just ask for WAY to much. I just feel bad not supporting someone local, but if I support them who is supporting me?
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
Just a quick update... I'll be seeing what the dealer can source, although I'm sure my S.A. told me she can source pretty much any tire I want.

I bought... other things with extra cash a couple weeks ago, and tires missed the cut. However, they will be replaced before the 16s are mounted.

i have to dispute that website that says kumho 712 are 'ultra high performance'.. they are not.
Where did you get your Falkens? That's a great deal, we are talking about the 512 right? Did you get P195/60VR15's or P205/55VR15?
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
I got my Falken 512's on today, and I really like them. I haven't gotten a chance to really push them (a bit chilly to be taking onramps at double the limit), but I'll update when I do.

I paid $60 each for 195/60R15 from a local parts jobber. The sale is on until June if anyone wants any.