Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hid Lights Revisited..
Looks like I'm keeping the car for another year, so I am determined to get myself a proper hid setup this year.

M-13008-F201 (mach hid)

I am still looking for this kit, and don't know where to go. Ford doesn't allow me to order it in Canada and I definitely want this particular kit since it comes with the custom harness I need.

Any ideas? I don't mind a used set if someone is willing to give me a hand putting them in (I'll make it worth their time)

The alternative is a st170 set, but I would still like some help getting it installed or somewhere that I can order it.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks!

[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
if you look hard enough you'll find a set of used ones laying around. I know for the past lil while there have been 2 sets on focusfanatics.com for sale. The one was asking 600us for the set. They're not cheap but well worth the money.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
A. Cross the boarder and order it

B. try a different dealer

the fall issue of Focus Fanatics says it can be DRL compatable for Canadian buyers of the HID package
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
if you need help in hooking up ST170's I can help you it was really easy.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
UPDATE: I just went and sprung for a new set... LOL.. I was able to order them locally

I know it is probably against the rules, but I can't seem to find anywhere that has the mach hid writeup from the 2004 fall focus fanatic magazine. I am wondering about these lights, because the harness from ford facing only uses the two lights High and Low beam. I am interested in how the other two work (the parking light and outboard light). Since I need to keep my drl, that magazine talks about it and perhaps some way for me to get my turn signals on it as well.

Is there anyone that can help me scan it and send it to me? I'm sure someone must have an edition of that mag that can help me out, thanks :) I'd buy it, but I'm sure I won't find a magazine more than a year old on shelves, :D

taiyeungjai[REMOVE]@hotmail.com

Thanks again (just take the [REMOVE] out, thanks again to anybody that can help)

Frost__2001,Feb 20 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:if you need help in hooking up ST170's I can help you it was really easy.
[right][snapback]171454[/snapback][/right]

* = (Current Ride)
from what i can see in the magazine, all you should have to do is buy 4 of the VW wires and add them to the connector for each headlight and them splice them in to the grille signal connectors

http://www.ofoc.ca/hid/step01.html

if you're from the GTA and you need any help let me know
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
if u need help on installing the mach HIDs u can let me know~ i just installed my set 3 days ago! =) the job was very easy if u follow the instruction from OFOC! I also removed the upper shield too (that was the hardest part to take out and put in the projector housing, it took me more time than installing the lights)

notice that, my HID has a little different wiring setup! my position 3 wire is the turn signal and position 4 wire is the city light (while the write up says 3 is city light and 4 is turn signal) and also position 6 is the ground for high beam, city light and turn signal, and position 8 is the ground only for low beam (HID), i dunno why, maybe ford changed the design a little bit! I dunno if it will apply to all the Mach HIDs made recently

so i'd suggest u test the lights before making solid connections just in case the positioning is a little different! :)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I'm not too worried about the installation, My lights have been swapped out already once :D I am also getting the ford racing kit, so the harness should just be plug and play. The only concern is the drl and turn signals. Apparently, if I use the outboard amber lights as the drl (which the kit has instructions on how to wire up), I'm not sure if I can still make it work as a turn signal, and allow me to remove the grille. The ofoc write-up says the ford racing kit has two wires that are meant for hooking up the drl or turn signal, but no mention on being able to do both. Also, does the tiny light above the outboard amber light work? is it hooked up?

The best scenario would be to have the outboard ambers on for drl, and be able to flash when utilizing the turn signal. :D Maybe I'm asking too much here..

yeloZX3,Feb 21 2006, 04:43 AM Wrote:if u need help on installing the mach HIDs u can let me know~ i just installed my set 3 days ago! =) the job was very easy if u follow the instruction from OFOC! I also removed the upper shield too (that was the hardest part to take out and put in the projector housing, it took me more time than installing the lights)

notice that, my HID has a little different wiring setup! my position 3 wire is the turn signal and position 4 wire is the city light (while the write up says 3 is city light and 4 is turn signal) and also position 6 is the ground for high beam, city light and turn signal, and position 8 is the ground only for low beam (HID), i dunno why, maybe ford changed the design a little bit! I dunno if it will apply to all the Mach HIDs made recently

so  i'd suggest u test the lights before making solid connections just in case the positioning is a little different!  :)
[right][snapback]171528[/snapback][/right]

* = (Current Ride)
from my knowledge, u cannot do both due to the limitation of the wiring, unless u make some (not easy) modification on the harness!

if you want DRL, i'd use city light as DRL! The city light "basically" has the same function as DRL in europe anyways :)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
It's actually a lot easier to use your fog lights as DRLs anyway.. if that's something you'd be interested in there's a couple threads on here with detailed instructions, and I think they're on OFOC.ca also.

I'm not sure how tough it would be to get the signal lights hooked up as DRLs, but paolo would be the man to ask if that's what you wanted to try.
taiyeungjai, would you consider swapping your ford racing hid harnes for my hid mach conversion harness? i also have the DRF (Daytime running Fogs) which is a seperate harness that I created myself. Its Very Easy to install, Heck, I can even show/help u if need be. BTW, ive had the harness on my car for 4+ years now and NO problems what so ever...
My other ride is your Mom
Daytime Running Fogs!

[Image: th_SA400024.jpg]
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
how much were the lights?
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
EDIT.. NVM I solved the problem..

ZX5focused,Feb 25 2006, 12:17 AM Wrote:how much were the lights?
[right][snapback]172170[/snapback][/right]

* = (Current Ride)
Okay.. I got the lights installed using the ford racing kit.

Just 1 question: How the heck do the amber lights come on?

The two leads that come from the harness are labelled

a) Grill Light Right
B) Grill Light Left

All they do is light up the small light in the outer-upper corner.

Nothing turns on the outboard amber lights!

The harness only has the following connections:
a) Ignition
B) Ground
c) Battery
d) Stock Connector LEFT
e) Stock Connector RIGHT
f) HID Connector LEFT
g) HID Connector RIGHT
h) Grill Light RIGHT
i) Grill Light LEFT

Everything is hooked up, the small light comes on when the grill light comes on, the low beams and high beams work and even together (without any mods). The HIDs turn on automatically when the car is on (DRL).

Nothing turns on the amber lights, and there is no connector for it either! Since there is the two leads h) and i) that is designed to light the city light, where is the leads that are used to light the amber lights!??!?

If I splice into the HID connector using pin #4 and wire it up to the MAJOR wire on the grill light, will it flash with the turn signals?

* = (Current Ride)
Yes if you add a VW wire into spot #4 and tap into the MAJOR wire that will be your signal, and #3 to the minor will light up the city light as a running light(not DRL)

http://www.ofoc.ca/hid/step03.html
2002 pitch black ZX3

Classic Painting
The strange part about it is that the ford racing kit already has a wire going into #4. Not sure what is on the other end of it because the entire harness is wrapped and tubed off.

I guess I'll put a splice into the #4 wire and wire it to the MAJOR wire on the grille lights so I can light the amber lights.

I'm just not sure why they would have a wire going into #4 if it doesn't power anything.. :angry:

SL8RZZX3,Mar 14 2006, 09:40 PM Wrote:Yes if you add a VW wire into spot #4 and tap into the MAJOR wire that will be your signal, and #3 to the minor will light up the city light as a running light(not DRL)

http://www.ofoc.ca/hid/step03.html
[right][snapback]174829[/snapback][/right]

* = (Current Ride)