Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedhut Guages
NefCanuck,Mar 15 2006, 09:08 PM Wrote:
Tiketz,Mar 15 2006, 05:18 PM Wrote:WOW!!! :D  they are nice.....Now im  :angry:  that i didn't order gauges for my ride F*^K
[right][snapback]175019[/snapback][/right]

Maybe we can get another group of us together? (I have to pass a doctor's exam in a week before I decide to do anything like that)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]175094[/snapback][/right]

Yes! Maybe we can get another group buy on the gauges
Nef hope you pass the exam ;)

Did anybody here order the gauges for there SVT Focus? :)
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
guilty,Mar 15 2006, 11:01 PM Wrote:Josh Wardell has a great how-to on guage installation here:
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guages.html

and he also gives a little how-to link for changing the odometer color here:
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/guageslcd.html

There are people who have used a small piece of EL material (the electro-luminescent stuff the guages are made of) as the backing of the odometer.  I tried doing this and it worked great and looked awesome for a day, but now it doesnt light up.  I have yet to tear my cluster apart again though to fix it (mainly since I'm lazy).. the EL stuff is really testy if you try to bend it at all.
[right][snapback]175030[/snapback][/right]

sweet thanks! yeah I've seen those with the EL night lights. I don't like it though. To each their own :)
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
^^^ Nass, your avatar is hilarious..just noticed it now......

"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
hey tell me your FINAL price.

mine were $91 total after customs and shipping. but since i found $80 on the sidewalk, these gauges cost me $11 :)

and can you post how you wired them and what fuses you plugged them into etc, so I can wire them up the same way as you? mine are sitting in my room waiting to go in!

thanks
~Lorne
THE FOCUS IS GONE! THE LEGEND IS DEAD!

but hey, im still around.....
oh yeah and by the way our promotion code still works, so if you want them go over to their site and order, ZTWSquared should be able to tell you the promotion code but if you want me to tell you PM me :)

and be careful when your forcing it on over top of the needles, now my speedo gauge only goes up 10km at a time =/

PerfectSaiyan,Mar 17 2006, 09:16 PM Wrote:hey tell me your FINAL price.

mine were $91 total after customs and shipping.  but since i found $80 on the sidewalk, these gauges cost me $11 :)
[right][snapback]175572[/snapback][/right]
My gauges with optional graphics, optional fuel gauge and upgraded inverter was $70.46 USD (approx. $81CAD) and four of us split the cost of me going to pick them up in Niagara Falls. We didn't have to pay any taxes or duty at the border.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 17 2006, 08:18 PM Wrote:oh yeah and by the way our promotion code still works, so if you want them go over to their site and order, ZTWSquared should be able to tell you the promotion code but if you want me to tell you PM me :)

and be careful when your forcing it on over top of the needles, now my speedo gauge only goes up 10km at a time =/
[right][snapback]175573[/snapback][/right]

Sounds like it's rubbing. I've got some bad calibration on the RPM's now... but the speedo is almost dead on. Shouldn't be a problem to correct.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
Pics, where are the pics? Slim was nice enough to post pics, where are the pics from the rest of you?

Aside from slims pics
:postpics:
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Hey guys,
i just wanted to post something here.....if it helps someone out...great

Before i did anywork, i took a BEFORE pic of my guages....thank god, and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

notice the difference....I have recently fixed it up..and all work perfect now...(guages are at the OFF position..or dead position, which ever you prefer)

[Image: before.jpg]
[Image: Picture0392.jpg]
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
Good to know. Thanks Slim. I am doing the install today so I will have photo's later.

Slim, did you remove all your needles or did you leava the speedo and tach on? I have read 3-4 different sets of instructions on-line and it seems that 2 sets tell you to remove the needles and the other say to leave them on.

Can't wait to see the transformation.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
When I installed my Speedhut gauges I didnt have to remove the needles.. just the needle stops (whether you have needle stops depends on what model year you have, it seems that the gauges come with the needle stop holes cut regardless though).
so it would be better to remove the needles and re-aling them after? I mean it was hella hard getting the gauge on overtop and I coloured my needles red so i got a little bit of red on the outside edges of the gauges which really got me mad, but i am ordering another one for my friend so on his Focus we are going to remove the needles.

and slim the 2nd picture is what the needles looked like beore you realigned them? so the before picture would be the correct postioning to aling the needles at correct? You also removed the stoppers and looked at their dead zone before taking the before photo?

I just finnished my install and I did not remove my needles. I had some toruble getting the face over the centre of the needles and damaged the face slightly but no re-calibration required. Hey are some before and afters.
[Image: 2193703_35_full.jpg]
[Image: 2193703_36_full.jpg]

Focus man, Focus.,Mar 18 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:I just finnished my install and I did not remove my needles.  I had some toruble getting the face over the centre of the needles and damaged the face slightly but no re-calibration required.  Hey are some before and afters.
[right][snapback]175664[/snapback][/right]

Looks good, starting to wish i had gotten in on this group buy. Oh well maybe next time, i don't know what color i'd get now anyways.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

Focus man, Focus.,Mar 18 2006, 02:32 PM Wrote:I just finnished my install and I did not remove my needles.  I had some toruble getting the face over the centre of the needles and damaged the face slightly but no re-calibration required.  Hey are some before and afters.
[right][snapback]175664[/snapback][/right]

Very nice!!! plain and simple look :D
What colour are they at nite?

Still don't have the car so can't take pic's yet :(
E.O Masiv!
New look for the summer
SVT ZX5 Focus Build#56 01/29/2003
I think there is something wrong with my car, every time I shift I hear Psssst noise?
Looking to get 25-30psi with a Procharger

[Image: style7,TikEtZ.png]
The face is Gray almost Silver and it is a reverse glow so only the numbers light up. It will be blue in the dark. I will take some photos tonight of them iluminated.

Quote:Still don't have the car so can't take pic's yet
Sorry to hear that you don't have your car back yet. But the offer is still there for the photo's. Just let me know and I will swing by.

PerfectSaiyan,Mar 18 2006, 12:37 PM Wrote:so it would be better to remove the needles and re-aling them after?  I mean it was hella hard getting the gauge on overtop and I coloured my needles red so i got a little bit of red on the outside edges of the gauges which really got me mad, but i am ordering another one for my friend so on his Focus we are going to remove the needles.

[B] 1. and slim the 2nd picture is what the needles looked like beore you realigned them?[/B]  2. so the before picture would be the correct postioning to aling the needles at correct?  3 . You also removed the stoppers and looked at their dead zone before taking the before photo?
[right][snapback]175660[/snapback][/right]

1) Exactly.....
2) Exactly....
3) i never had stoppers to begin with
Mods so far:
Slimsride,Mar 19 2006, 07:13 AM Wrote:
PerfectSaiyan,Mar 18 2006, 12:37 PM Wrote:so it would be better to remove the needles and re-aling them after?  I mean it was hella hard getting the gauge on overtop and I coloured my needles red so i got a little bit of red on the outside edges of the gauges which really got me mad, but i am ordering another one for my friend so on his Focus we are going to remove the needles.

[B] 1. and slim the 2nd picture is what the needles looked like beore you realigned them?[/B]  2. so the before picture would be the correct postioning to aling the needles at correct?  3 . You also removed the stoppers and looked at their dead zone before taking the before photo?

1) Exactly.....
2) Exactly....
[right][snapback]175750[/snapback][/right]

ah roger!

habmann you can still buy them with our group buy the sponsor code still works :)

And finally here is the night shot. I love the look of them all lit-up.

Great Buy!!!!!!

[Image: 2193703_37_full.jpg]

I needed to do some slight adjustments today. I had to pull the needles out a bit from the face. They were getting caught up a little. But its all good now.

PerfectSaiyan,Mar 19 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:
Slimsride,Mar 19 2006, 07:13 AM Wrote:

1) Exactly.....
2) Exactly....
[right][snapback]175750[/snapback][/right]

ah roger!

habmann you can still buy them with our group buy the sponsor code still works :)
[right][snapback]175776[/snapback][/right]

I could, but i haven't decided what color lighting i'm gonna go with inside the car. Right now i've got grean leds and neon, but i might switch it to blue this summer. So i'll just hold off on gauges til i decide on that.
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Go